F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good things come to he who.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 09:42 AM
Received 96 Likes on 50 Posts

She arrives today at 4:00! Of course, we are having a very cold, wind, and icy day to make things difficult. Yesterday was sunny and 58!

Old 02-04-2021, 05:45 PM

Delivered right on time and in great condition! Great transport experience!
Don't take away my man card, but I must admit that this is an emotional experience seeing her in the driveway. A 4 year dream come to fruition! I am truly grateful.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:51 PM

Right off the trailer my oldest called dibs on the first drive to the house, only one block, and I sneaked into snow mode.

She will sit for the weekend while I register her and wait for a warm and dry day. Man the P Zeros are very hard, at least I hope its the tires as the ride is uncomfortably stiff, even in comfort mode.

Last edited by SonofGaladriel; 02-04-2021 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:04 PM
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

the level of ones stiffness enjoyment varies and is quite personal.
i like a very stiff ride and the Ftype with 20" of rubber on all fours suits me down to the ground.
bear in mind the suspension is versatile and can be adjusted somewhat via the screen menu.
congrats... its gorgeous!..

Old 02-04-2021, 06:06 PM

it took me a week or so to deal with weird emotions, then it was just love so give yourself some time to adjust.
its a big step

Old 02-04-2021, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by otokar
the level of ones stiffness enjoyment varies and is quite personal.
i like a very stiff ride and the Ftype with 20" of rubber on all fours suits me down to the ground.
bear in mind the suspension is versatile and can be adjusted somewhat via the screen menu.
congrats... its gorgeous!..
Thank you! First thing I did on my short drive, was put it in normal suspension via the dynamic setting and then switched to comfort mode. Still very very stiff. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I am coming from driving a Cadillac CTS sedan for the last 9 years. 😉

Old 02-04-2021, 06:24 PM

it took me a week or so to deal with weird emotions, then it was just love so give yourself some time to adjust.
its a big step
Yes sir! I've gone through 'doubt' during the purchase and loan process, to 'anxiety' during the pick up and delivery process, to fidgety anticipation during the last 30 minutes before arrival, to 'giddy like a 5 year old' seeing her unload, to 'pride when my oldest son said how much he liked it, to grateful emotion/teary eyes as she sits in the drive. Whew! I need a drink!

Old 02-04-2021, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by SonofGaladriel
Delivered right on time and in great condition! Great transport experience!
Don't take away my man card, but I must admit that this is an emotional experience seeing her in the driveway. A 4 year dream come to fruition! I am truly grateful.
The emotional reaction is perfectly normal and to be savoured. I reverted to being a 4 year old when I brought mine home. Wanted to sleep in it that first night....and week....ok still want to but my wife won’t let me.

just enjoy it to the fullest.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Thank you! First thing I did on my short drive, was put it in normal suspension via the dynamic setting and then switched to comfort mode. Still very very stiff. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I am coming from driving a Cadillac CTS sedan for the last 9 years. 😉
What is "comfort mode?" I've got two settings for the suspension, normal and dynamic; otherwise known as "when my passenger complains" and "everything else."

The following users liked this post:
scm (02-05-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by lizzardo
What is "comfort mode?" I've got two settings for the suspension, normal and dynamic; otherwise known as "when my passenger complains" and "everything else."
Isn't it called "comfort mode" when the car is between "snow/ice" mode and "dynamic" mode, ie switched to the middle position?
Maybe I'm using the wrong term.

Old 02-04-2021, 08:26 PM

no
there are more settings from the touchscreen.
hit i-dynamic, that will take you to the settings screen for throttle, suspension etc etc
this car comes with an extensive learning curve
lol

Old 02-04-2021, 08:47 PM

no
there are more settings from the touchscreen.
hit i-dynamic, that will take you to the settings screen for throttle, suspension etc etc
this car comes with an extensive learning curve
lol
I know about the i-dynamic screen. I set suspension to normal before I started the drive.
My reference to "comfort" mode regards to the switch next to the gear shift. Push up/forward for snow/ice mode, move to middle for what I thought was called 'comfort' mode ' (that may be YouTube'r language and thus incorrect), push down/back for 'dynamic mode''. I've only owned her for a few hours and have not yet read the owner's manual. Its been a long day so that is planned weekend reading before my next drive, weather permitting.
I thought that with console lever/switch in the middle, all i-dynamic settings were off and the car was, by default, put in a 'comfort' mode for a more easy daily drive with everything a bit softer.

Old 02-04-2021, 09:17 PM

It is highly possible I have the terminology wrong for that middle setting.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

It is highly possible I have the terminology wrong for that middle setting.
Seems likely, but I also have different buttons and switches, given that mine is a manual transmission. Nothing to worry about, and nothing that can't be cured by a nice drive.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:52 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

What pressures are the tyres? That's the easiest thing to check.

Old 02-05-2021, 06:27 AM
Received 109 Likes on 45 Posts

Harshness of ride really is relative, as somebody has already pointed out. My father, for example, thinks the ride in the Jag is quite hard but his normal runaround is a Honda Civic and even though that is a sportier model than standard, it is far softer than the F-Type even in 'sporty suspension' mode. I only find the Jag a bit hard when going over some poorly maintained roads in Dynamic mode, the standard mode is absolutely fine for me otherwise. That said, I drove a Nissan 200SX with Nismo suspension for nearly 10 years and then drove a couple of Mazda 3 hatchbacks which are known for having a harder ride than a lot of cars in their class, so driving the Jag feels quite normal to me. As above though, a quick check of the tyre pressures won't do any harm.

Old 02-05-2021, 09:22 AM

36 PSI all around

Old 02-05-2021, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

On the MY16 MT, there is a button for normal/dynamic mode. On the V6S, Through the center display, the dynamic mode can be configured to separately leave the the steering ratio, throttle mapping and/or suspension in normal mode. DSC, TrackDSC and DSC off are selected with one button, and the snow/rain mode is a separate button.

Old 02-05-2021, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sooo envious. If I can't find an F-type in BRG/tan I will likely end up with a silver or gray. I like the lighter colours. I think they really emphasize the beautiful curves.

I hope I don't have to wait forever to get my F-Type.

Old 02-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is 36 psi typical for F-Types? Seems a tad high compared to what I'm accustomed to.

Quick Reply: Good things come to he who.....