F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodbye Meridian, helloooow Audison!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2024 | 02:57 AM

For real bass you need a dedicated sub
for coupe the wheel well is ideal
mine is soft top so I had 2 enclosures for Jl 6.5 subs left and right with their own amp
audison m12 all bridged for fronts
with dap out signal feeding
audison 1.500 for 2 Jl subs
rear m8 again bridged for 2 woofers and rest for mids and tweeters
the interface has 2 signal out so one for the fronts and one for the rears

Old 09-03-2024 | 07:21 AM

Thanks Jag Bass,

Resonix emailed me on Sept 1 and said they no longer carry 'that' product. Is there a European distributer I can contact?

Old 09-03-2024 | 07:32 AM

I believe you can also order from ewaygps.com.

Old 09-03-2024 | 08:50 AM

John Kleiss in reading berkshire uk

Old 09-05-2024 | 03:05 PM

@Gasman2 Can you tell us a bit more about the creation of your subwoofers and their placement in your convertible?

Old 10-11-2024 | 03:49 PM

Hello Dale, I am new to this excellent forum and am embarking on the audio upgrade journey along with Sextons, a dealer in Portsmouth. I am very interested in making an amp rack that you appear to have already done from your photo showing the amps, ground, & power distribution blocks on.
The reason I am contacting you, is to ask if you retained any of the measurements for the amp rack?
This would help me out considerably, as I’m already on my third iteration of this.
Hands down the most difficult install I have ever come across, due in part to the awful Meridian amp that Jaguar put in these cars.
I was very interested in the MOST connection, and Sextons were going to instal an Audison Bit Nove and Bit DMI, main problem though - there was no MOST connector on the system!
Any assistance you are happy to pass on would be much appreciated.

Old 10-11-2024 | 07:52 PM

@f typo if your F-type is 2019 or newer you have Ethernet, not MOST, coming from the head unit. You will need the DED to get a flat digital signal out:

https://ewaygps.com/product/optical-...pecifications/

Or if you prefer just divert the high level outputs of the Meridian amp to your Audison DSP and correct the signal using their software. A little more time-consuming but do-able. I don't think @Dale Melton has been back to the forum since last year.

Old 10-12-2024 | 02:53 AM

Hello JagCode3,
Thanks so much for your swift reply.
The information is very useful, and I have emailed the company in the link to get a price.
I will speak with my dealer who has been helping with this, but they are not aware of this product.
Interestingly, Audison told them to use the BIT DMI to interface with the Meridian amp, and didn’t believe them when they told them there was no MOST connection available.
They then said it can’t be a Meridian amp (It is), and they seem unaware that the f type, and likely other jags, have not had a MOST connection since 2019.
Mine being a 2021 confirms this, and is in fact fitted only with Ethernet.
Thanks again for replying, that was good of you.

Old 10-12-2024 | 03:48 AM

Good luck with ewaygps, they have been impossible to deal with. Been trying for months to simply get them to post the manual and software links to setup the unit to no avail. It seems they don't even want to communicate unless your a dealer and if you become a dealer the communications seem to get less and less as well so I hope my unit never fails because support might be non existent. Nick over at Resonix stopped selling their DED unit because of this. Don't get me wrong, the unit does what it is suppose to do and does it well. Not sure if the UK dealer has a better relationship with ewaygps or not but if I find out from dale melton who they are I will post.

Also here is a link to Global Sources who apparent has access to sell the DED however the minimum is three units.
https://www.globalsources.com/Car-amplifier/Audio-upgrade-1211389521p.hmmm

Last edited by Jag Bass; 10-12-2024 at 04:58 AM.
Old 10-12-2024 | 04:01 AM

JLR dropped MOST around 2016. Mine is DE. If your audio guy didn’t know that AND is trying to sell you on Audison it might be time for a different audio guy.
See if you have a Helix dealer in your area.

Old 10-12-2024 | 05:04 AM

Hi JagBass,
Thanks for the inside story on ewaygps.
I am in the UK, and further up this forum, someone mentioned John Klies. This is a dealer not far from me, and he has the product for £700, so it’s not cheap!
I will have to weigh up my options now, as the cost of going through all this, is very expensive.
Thanks for link, and your advice, much appreciated.

Old 10-12-2024 | 05:10 AM

Hi Robtrt8,
Im not going to be too hard on my dealer yet, as they and I think many other audio installers in the UK, have not really seen many f types wanting the kind of upgrade we are talking about,
They took advice from Audison, which I now know was incorrect, and another solution will be found, even if I have to just bypass the whole thing!
The Jaguar has such a poor system, with poorly made components, coupled with these connection, I’m certain most people would get scared off at the prospect of attempting this, and simply put up with what they have got,
However, I've come too far now, so I will see it through.
Once I have it done, I will post some photos and any relevant information so others may benefit as I have done from this forum.
Thanks again.

Old 10-12-2024 | 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Gasman2
John Kleiss in reading berkshire uk
Gasman2 or F Typo, can you post shop name and contact info for this dealer in reading berkshire uk? I hope he has a better line of communication with ewaygps, Nick Apicella at Resonix over un the US was the only US dealer for the DED and has dumped their product because of the lack of communications from the company. Seems the only interest they have to communicate is to make the sale and then could careless about communicating. Someone really needs to get to the president of that company because I can't imagine he is aware of this. The only person that seems to respond to emails from the company is a "Eway Zouh". Once this person finds out your a customer who has purchased their unit and not a new potential dealer, communications seems to slow to a trickle or not at all. I have been emailing back and forth with this person for months trying to get them to post the manual and software links to no avail.

Mine unit is working great but it does not give me a good feeling if for some reason down the road I need support.

Last edited by Jag Bass; 10-12-2024 at 05:24 AM.
Old 10-12-2024 | 05:21 AM

Yes, it isn't going to be cheap. But the the car is worth it and the margin from existing system to what it can be is huge. Well worth it IMHHEO.

You don't NEED a DED but you do need a DSP that won't let the Jag amp be unhappy. Helix works very well. My previous AudioControl system did not.

Old 10-12-2024 | 06:24 AM

JagBass,
as requested:
www.johnkliesaudio.com
I received an email from them, he was named Connor.
UK telephone number 01189 866 224 I think our international dialling code is 44, and you drop the zero at the beginning of the number.
248 Basingstoke Road
READING
Berkshire
RG2 0HN
They have been around for decades, and are a professional high grade installer.
Good luck.

Old 10-14-2024 | 01:39 AM

hi yes
John kleiss in reading supplied mine
i run the unit to Audison 12 Chanel and 8 Chanel all bridged
the ded has a front and rear output I then use the 2 dsp channels to run my Audison sr 1.500 for two jl subs
if ur in the uk drop me a message and I will give u my tel no