F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got an AMG to go along with my F-type

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 07:13 AM
Received 179 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Got an AMG to go along with my F-type

I recently purchase this used (1,550 miles) 2017 AMG c63s to replace my e92 m3. Purchased this sight un seen from another state so I was delighted to see a spotless car delivered. The car has pretty much all options available in its model minus the performance seats.
My favorite features so far:
-Heads up display
-CC brakes (the f-type’s brakes are really good but these are on another level when it comes to stopping power).
-The fit and finish of the interior

I’m waiting for a nice weekend to take both cars out for a pair photo shoot and see whish is faster.

Attached Thumbnails Got an AMG to go along with my F-type-aimg_9480.jpg   Got an AMG to go along with my F-type-aimg_9549.jpg   Got an AMG to go along with my F-type-aimg_9642.jpg   Got an AMG to go along with my F-type-aimg_9914.jpg   Got an AMG to go along with my F-type-aimg_9870.jpg  

Got an AMG to go along with my F-type-aimg_9880.jpg   Got an AMG to go along with my F-type-aimg_9883.jpg   Got an AMG to go along with my F-type-aimg_9888.jpg   Got an AMG to go along with my F-type-aimg_9893.jpg   Got an AMG to go along with my F-type-aimg_9688.jpg  

The following 2 users liked this post by Lizard:
Burt Gummer (08-17-2017), Jagged Wire (08-18-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 07:33 AM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Nice! My officemate has one of those. Same colors too. Beautiful cars and a lot of fun.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:49 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The HUD is the one thing I miss the most going to the F-Type.. It'd easily top my list for reasons to upgrade to a newer MY and probably push me over the edge if they ever gave us the option.

That's a beautiful car

Old 08-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Congrats! That's a nice addition

Old 08-17-2017, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts
Old 08-17-2017, 05:33 PM
Received 400 Likes on 211 Posts

Beautiful...the fit, finish and attention to detail is amazing. I just built a fully optioned C63 on MBUSA and its still cheaper than a "R".

Old 08-18-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
Nice! My officemate has one of those. Same colors too. Beautiful cars and a lot of fun.
Originally Posted by xoai
The HUD is the one thing I miss the most going to the F-Type.. It'd easily top my list for reasons to upgrade to a newer MY and probably push me over the edge if they ever gave us the option.

That's a beautiful car
Originally Posted by FR500GT
Congrats! That's a nice addition
Originally Posted by RickyJay52
^
Thanks!

Old 08-18-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Beautiful...the fit, finish and attention to detail is amazing. I just built a fully optioned C63 on MBUSA and its still cheaper than a "R".
Unless you are looking for a specific combination and need to buy new, a slightly used one is a great deal right now.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:40 AM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

De gustibus... AMG performance is a wonder to behold. I would love to get an AMG wagon and may yet. But I think there is room for improvement in the interior design. That free standing iPad is not up to snuff.

The following users liked this post:
Jagged Wire (08-25-2017)
Old 08-19-2017, 11:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful car. Are these the ones that got delivered to customers before they were legal? I heard some owners got their cars and then MBUSA tried to take them back? Either way, cool ride.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Suaro
De gustibus... AMG performance is a wonder to behold. I would love to get an AMG wagon and may yet. But I think there is room for improvement in the interior design. That free standing iPad is not up to snuff.
Agreed on the ipad being the worst part of the interior.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ritzy
Beautiful car. Are these the ones that got delivered to customers before they were legal? I heard some owners got their cars and then MBUSA tried to take them back? Either way, cool ride.
Mine is a 17" so no problems here.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

I wonder what that IWC clock adds to the sticker price.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been looking at 63 as the next car. Would love to hear your critical comparison of the two, thanks!

Old 08-22-2017, 02:46 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Noiiiice!

Old 08-22-2017, 02:24 PM

I was just watching a review of Jaguar XF sportbrake interior design and thought this AMG interior and the XF interior are polar opposites.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Me too.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by technician
I've been looking at 63 as the next car. Would love to hear your critical comparison of the two, thanks!
Sure.

Exterior: The AMG is wider and taller than the Jaguar with a more muscular look when compared to the Jaguar’s more pretty lines. Most people would say that the Jaguar is a better-looking car but I appreciate the more masculine looks of the AMG. The AMG’s exterior panels fit and finishes, along with the paint, is much higher in quality and provide a more expensive looking vehicle.

Interior: The AMG interior’s build, materials, fit & finish is a league away from the Jaguar. The leather, controlling buttons, trims, and any tactile surfaces are solid, well put together, and feel very high-end in the Mercedes. The infotainment system is faster, crisper in displays, and provides more tech toys than the Jaguar.

Engine: The AMG revs very quickly despite being a twin turbo engine. It feels like it’s pulling harder on the top end of the revs where the Jaguar feels more brutal in the lower and mid ranges of the revs.
The tip in throttle feel of the Jaguar is a bit better than the AMG. Perhaps it’s the different between a supercharged engine and turbo charged engine showing through.
I noticed that the Jaguar is getting way better mpg then the AMG though. I’m getting close to about 19 in the Jaguar, but only about 14/15 in the AMG at the moment.

Gearbox: In auto mode, AMG’s seven speed works really well holding each gear to red line in Race mode and offers blips in three of the five available driving modes. In manual modes it will down shift when asked to but as instantaneously as the DCT in my e92 M3. Comparing to the Jaguar, the AMG gearbox is about the same but with only a minor advantage in upshifting speed.

Sounds: The AMG is quite loud with the sport exhaust but is tamed when compared to the Jaguar. It’s more voluminous where as the Jaguar is sharper and much, much louder with its barks. The over runs pops and crackles in the AMG is very short and quiet, and not as pronounced as the Jaguar. The Jaguar does not even have to try to win this battle.

Chassis and Brakes: The brake in the Jaguar is very good but the CC brakes in the AMG is amazing. It bites down with authority and stops with ease. Both cars feel heavy but the AMG feels like it has more grips. I’m already pushing the handling limits of this car way sooner than I’ve ever have in the Jaguar. For my driving skills, I feel like there’s a bit more confidence with the AMG then the Jaguar.

If I only have one car I would pick the AMG. It’s looker with lots of power, a good sound track, tons of tech toys in the cabin, very luxurious and comfortable interior, and an accommodating trunk space. There is a sense of isolation when driving it, in a good way, when compared to the Jaguar.

I would chose the Jaguar if it’s my second or third car. It gets tons of attention, sounds spectacular, goes fast, and makes you feel like you’re a part of the car. It has also been relatively reliable and easy to own. There will be less of these around then the AMG due to their price points as well as being a two seater. The interiors, techs, and build quality does not match the appearance of a six figures car however. It’s a great weekend car that you can enjoy in short stings.

Last edited by Lizard; 08-23-2017 at 07:18 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lizard:
Misujerr (08-25-2017), technician (08-28-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny
I presume it is just a IWC face without a movement or case so just a little.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,261 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Nice but...what is that ugly and awkwardly placed thing above the centre air vents? Does it fold away? If not, why not?
Perhaps when the interior designer of this beautiful machine finishes his training he will have figured out how to incorporate a touchscreen INTO the overall dash design (he/she might want to look at a Jaguar to see how it can be done elegantly).
Totally seriously, design gaffes like this remove any possibility that I would consider purchasing a car with an intrusive screen like this. But, as has been said, taste is an individual thing.