Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my 2014 V8S !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
I don't have a warranty. Not saying it's not a good idea, but unless you can get CPO from Jaguar, 99% of third party warranties are not worth the paper they are written on.
Same here.
My factory warranty expired in Jan 2018 so over three years ago and I haven't had a single problem since which would warrant an extended warranty claim, just minor niggles which I have fixed myself either for cheap or nothing.

Old 05-07-2021, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring

Just completed a 1200+ mile road trip. Interstates and two lane backroads. Used Waze on the interstate and was notified in advance of every LEO. Worked great! Enjoy!

Old 05-07-2021, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 606 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyderturbo007
Isn't everyone afraid of not having a warranty? I've seen some crazy repair bills around here for some people that have had major issues. I'm in the market right now, but I'm terrified about not having a warranty. I'd have a car by now if it wasn't for the warranty.
Well, if you buy a F-Type just out of warranty, you'll be getting it for somewhere around a third of the original MSRP. On a $90,000+ build, that covers a LOT of repairs. Same beauty. Same driving experience. If you want peace of mind on a disaster, you can get an extended warranty. Even though the premium is 50% profit to the warranty company, it's still less than a year's depreciation.

Last edited by uncheel; 05-07-2021 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uncheel
Well, if you buy a F-Type just out of warranty, you'll be getting it for somewhere around a third of the original MSRP. On a $90,000+ build, that covers a LOT of repairs. Same beauty. Same driving experience. If you want peace of mind on a disaster, you can get an extended warranty. Even though the premium is 50% profit to the warranty company, it's still less than a year's depreciation.
This... we got the Jag at a great price with 34k on it. Figured that leaves room for any repairs, it came with a small warranty from the dealership and my credit union offices a decent one at only $1.8k

Nice blue vert!!

Old 05-07-2021, 04:59 PM
Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Uniden R3 extreme. Will detect KA from 2 miles out. KA is all CHP uses. Have fun!

Old 05-07-2021, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ferrral
Uniden R3 extreme. Will detect KA from 2 miles out. KA is all CHP uses. Have fun!
Wish I could do the same!
Over here the popo use detector detectors and if they catch you using one it's worse than being done for murder.
Instant loss of licence for at least 12 months, a humungous fine and possible seizure of your car.
I have lost count of how many "speeding" tickets I have racked up over the years but it's definitely over 50 and my last prang was over 40 years ago, go figure.

The following users liked this post:
ferrral (05-07-2021)
Old 05-07-2021, 11:40 PM
Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Over here the popo use detector detectors and if they catch you using one it's worse than being done for murder.
Instant loss of licence for at least 12 months, a humungous fine and possible seizure of your car.
I have lost count of how many "speeding" tickets I have racked up over the years but it's definitely over 50 and my last prang was over 40 years ago, go figure.
Ugh, I'm sorry. The detector has saved my bacon more times than I can count. I do get the occasional stink eye from an officer as I flash a peace sign rolling through, but it doesn't cost me anything.

Old 05-08-2021, 03:04 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Damn..
Do you all use Waze down there? I was surprised how well it works in the US and when I'm on business in the Middle East too.

Old 05-08-2021, 03:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
Damn..
Do you all use Waze down there? I was surprised how well it works in the US and when I'm on business in the Middle East too.
Yep, I use Waze and it is good for spotting the fixed cameras, both traffic light and mid-block.
But I know where they all are anyway and most have warning signs about 200 metres ahead.
There are also plenty of mufti camera cars parked on the side of the road with forward pointing cameras on the grill, operated by public servants rather than Plod, Waze often warns of them but the sneaky buggers move them around a lot so Waze is not always up to date.
However Waze can't warn of a Plod recently parked up just off the road behind a bush or sign waving a hairdryer around, those are the ones that get me and there is SFA I can do about it other than crawl along like a tied snail at all times.

The following users liked this post:
JacksonvilleJag (05-08-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 04:19 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

YThere are also plenty of mufti camera cars parked on the side of the road with forward pointing cameras on the grill, operated by public servants rather than Plod ...
They don't seem like they're serving the public ....

Old 05-08-2021, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scm
They don't seem like they're serving the public ....
Definitely not serving the public but rather serving their GovCo masters.