Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great List

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Simple statement (leaving no room for any disagreement):

[My] 2015 Stratus Grey Jaguar V6S is the most beautiful car I've ever owned; and I've owned some beautiful cars over the years. (Still do).

Old 07-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
C'mon, guys. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think!

(I want to see more exercise in futility)
I thought the internet was all about anecdotal hyperbole?

Well, I'll add my last two bits:

Since the start of the thread, I've kept my eye out for i8s.

I've seen a few different ones a total of five times in the last week.

They're boring, I almost miss them. My reaction is first "meh" and in my rear view "ugh". It's not pretty. It tried hard, it failed hard.

The only other car on the road that is at a high MSRP that absolutely disgusts me is the Tesla X. Just absolutely the ugliest thing I've seen on the road in a long, long time. I keep think of GMC Pacer days.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Simple statement (leaving no room for any disagreement):

[My] 2015 Stratus Grey Jaguar V6S is the most beautiful car I've ever owned; and I've owned some beautiful cars over the years. (Still do).
Very well phrased to prevent any controversy. But I disagree.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:53 PM
Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

Other than an i8's better gas mileage (and its not nearly as good as you think) and room for two children in the back seat, there's almost nothing I like better about it versus my F-Type R.

Look at these two cars and tell me which one you'd rather have...

There is not one area where the i8 performs better.

And looks? F-Type by a mile (and this is the only subjective area anyone could disagree with, though most don't). The sound? F-Type by a hundred miles. The excitement of the drive? Again, F-Type by miles.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:15 PM
Veteran Member

Very well phrased to prevent any controversy. But I disagree.
Naturally I had intended to add the caveat, of course we all know Unhingd - yup - would find a way to stir the pot. There's one in every crowd, and thank God for that/him. Thank you U for being so very predictable. (Wish I could predict the direction of the commodities I trade as well).

Old 07-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Naturally I had intended to add the caveat, of course we all know Unhingd - yup - would find a way to stir the pot. There's one in every crowd, and thank God for that/him. Thank you U for being so very predictable. (Wish I could predict the direction of the commodities I trade as well).
Yep. Consistency wins the race.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PolkNole
Other than an i8's better gas mileage (and its not nearly as good as you think) and room for two children in the back seat, there's almost nothing I like better about it versus my F-Type R.

Look at these two cars and tell me which one you'd rather have...

There is not one area where the i8 performs better.

And looks? F-Type by a mile (and this is the only subjective area anyone could disagree with, though most don't). The sound? F-Type by a hundred miles. The excitement of the drive? Again, F-Type by miles.
Good afternoon PolkNole,

I will assume that your post is not directed at me, but for general consumption? While I would be, am, mildly curious about the i8 it in no way shape or form compares with my or your or any F-Type. Regardless of any comparison, there is no comparison.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Yep. Consistency wins the race.
Didn't we do that already?

Old 07-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
The only other car on the road that is at a high MSRP that absolutely disgusts me is the Tesla X. Just absolutely the ugliest thing I've seen on the road in a long, long time. I keep think of GMC Pacer days.
For the record, the Pacer was made by AMC not GMC.

IMHO, the ugliest thing on the road is the Juke.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (07-07-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 03:39 PM

Good afternoon PolkNole,

I will assume that your post is not directed at me, but for general consumption? While I would be, am, mildly curious about the i8 it in no way shape or form compares with my or your or any F-Type. Regardless of any comparison, there is no comparison.
No, it's intended for polarisnavy who says the i8 is better, just compare and you'll see. I just compared, and I don't see.

i just had a conversation with my brother who has an i8 and told him of the i8 / F-Type debate here and he laughed, saying they were completely different cars for completely different buyers. Performance driven buyers will buy the F-Type and people who want to go electric and still be sporty will go toward the i8.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member

No, it's intended for polarisnavy who says the i8 is better, just compare and you'll see. I just compared, and I don't see.

i just had a conversation with my brother who has an i8 and told him of the i8 / F-Type debate here and he laughed, saying they were completely different cars for completely different buyers. Performance driven buyers will buy the F-Type and people who want to go electric and still be sporty will go toward the i8.
Copy that. Clearly they are two very different cars. I tire (therefore I am) from many of these comparisons, especially [re] something so very subjective like "looks", coupe vs. convertible, etc., etc., etc.

Best regards,
Jay

Old 07-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

So, I like the i8 more than you do.

You choose to attempt to change my mind with performance tidbits when that has zero to do with the topic at hand which is...the most beautiful car.

Child, you have lost your way.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
So, I like the i8 more than you do.

You choose to attempt to change my mind with performance tidbits when that has zero to do with the topic at hand which is...the most beautiful car.

Child, you have lost your way.
You said, "The car is simply amazing in person and I would trade my F for one in a heartbeat. Go spend the day with one in person, you'll see."

So you're saying that you spent the day with one just looking at it the whole time and on that alone, you'll trade cars? Performance is irrelevant? Odd to say the least, but to each his own.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogbreath!
For the record, the Pacer was made by AMC not GMC.

IMHO, the ugliest thing on the road is the Juke.
THANK YOU good sir.... I wish I could say my finger slipped on the keys, but twas brain flatulence.

Now.... I am all about ugly cars. LOL

I will say, I stick with Tesla X. You have to see it in person to truly get how bad it is. I'm not talking about the quality control issues, the baby killer seat, or any of the drama. I am just saying the entire thing is a minivan for rich cultist hipsters snapping their fingers to the brainwashing of Tesla's ponzi scheme. LOL. I like Musk a lot, tho. But that model 3 is vaporware, and I will be interested to see how that goes. If they can deliver (which they seemingly can't) on time, it could be revolutionary. But looking at everything surrounding the X, it sure looks real bad. Real, REAL bad. I do wish them luck tho.

The Honda CR-Z, Fiat 500L, Honda Pilot, Lincoln MKV, Kia Soul...

Man, the new Toyota Prius has raised the bar of horrible. Someone needs to take the rear tailights designer out back and Old Yeller him.

Most of the luxury sports car crossovers are trainwrecks as well.

The Aztec was truly a mess and might hold the winner.

But there is a place in my heart for that toaster car.... that ugly little box of a Scion xB.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Veteran Member

You said, "The car is simply amazing in person and I would trade my F for one in a heartbeat. Go spend the day with one in person, you'll see."

So you're saying that you spent the day with one just looking at it the whole time and on that alone, you'll trade cars? Performance is irrelevant? Odd to say the least, but to each his own.
Why do u care so much what I'd do?

Tell u what....make this same pitch to your brother, get him to see the light u shine, then have him contact me to set up the trade.

Do him the same favor you're trying to give me.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 07-07-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:39 PM

Why do u care so much what I'd do?

Tell u what....make this same pitch to your brother, get him to see the light u shine, then have him contact me to set up the trade.

Do him the same favor you're trying to give me.
He already has a Ferrari, a new X5M, a new Jeep Wrangler, and only got the i8 because they were giving it away on a lease at his BMW dealership. Supply is way over demand.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member
Default We are in an F forum...

I expect nothing less than the majority of the guys here to defend their decision to buy what they did. I've never been one to follow a pack as you can plainly see from my writing style. I have my own strong opinions which I have no interest in modifying for you. I love my F but are there cars I love more? What do you think?

What I'm not getting is why you feel the need to defend your F against my opinion that the i8 should be on a good looking car list. You were asked what time is it and you answered "Thursday".

But to your off-base point, my F gets **** for gas mileage. What if i'd sacrifice that .03 secs in the 60 for twice the mileage for city driving? (Perhaps only in an F forum will you find the majority preferring the looks of an F over an i8 - ever thought of that?) What if I liked the looks of the i8 because when I test drove it, the entire world stopped what it was doing to investigate what in the world I was driving? Literally made the F seem like I was in a Tesla. What if the room in the back allowed me to take my tennis gear to my club in which, now, I have to drive alone because my gear rides in the passenger seat? Is that worth .03 secs slower in the 60? What if BMW gave me 5 years of service and warranty and with Jag, I get 4 years of warranty only. Is that worth a slightly slower car?

Personally, I'd rate the i8 higher than the F for my needs but the i8 sells for 40% higher than an F. I made my decision.

You're take sounds very noble here in an F forum, but I assure you that over in an i8 forum, filled with i8 owners, you'd hear guys defending their choice of purchase. To decide on a purchase solely because of how a car looks is quite silly anyways which is why the direction this post has morphed into makes no sense to me.

Let's get back to the list if were not done yet.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 07-07-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:44 PM

I expect nothing less than the majority of the guys here to defend their decision to buy what they did. I've never been one to follow a pack as you can plainly see from my writing style. I have my own strong opinions which I have no interest in modifying for you. I love my F but are there cars I love more? What do you think?

What I'm not getting is why you feel the need to defend your F against my opinion that the i8 should be on a good looking car list. You were asked what time is it and you answered "Thursday".

But to your off-base point, my F gets **** for gas mileage. What if i'd sacrifice that .03 secs in the 60 for twice the mileage for city driving? What if I liked the looks of the i8 because when I test drove it, the entire world stopped what it was doing to investigate what in the world I was driving? Literally made the F seem like I was in a Tesla.

You're take sounds very noble here in an F forum, but I assure you that over in an i8 forum, filled with i8 owners, you'd hear guys defending their choice of purchase. To decide on a purchase solely because of how a car looks is quite silly anyways which is why the direction this post has morphed into makes no sense to me.

Let's get back to the list if were not done yet.
LOL You're the one calling everyone shrills that disagrees with you. As for liking a car just for looks being silly, that's my argument. Thanks for finally agreeing.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member

LOL You're the one calling everyone shrills that disagrees with you. As for liking a car just for looks being silly, that's my argument. Thanks for finally agreeing.
Would you call the F the most beautiful car money can buy sir?

And please, just a yes or a no.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:06 PM

Would you call the F the most beautiful car money can buy sir?

And please, just a yes or a no.
I can't think of a more beautiful car. So, honestly, yes.

I think 50 years from now, people will still look at the F-Type and label it classically gorgeous. They'll look at the i8 and say, what were they thinking?