Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,216 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by FType17
Nope... shows status - IN STOCK
Where?
I went right through the process short of actually buying a pair of the front rotors and nowhere did I see the words "in stock" or anything like that.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:17 AM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Frustrating......

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Congrats with them - look great.

Annoyingly, I haven't even received a shipping notification/tracking info despite having emailed Wortec to remind them of my order. So despite my close geographical proximity I would seem to be the last of the group to receive my rotors... Have reminded Wortec by email again today.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by F-Type-Type
Congrats with them - look great.

Annoyingly, I haven't even received a shipping notification/tracking info despite having emailed Wortec to remind them of my order. So despite my close geographical proximity I would seem to be the last of the group to receive my rotors... Have reminded Wortec by email again today.

Quoting myself LOL - just got tracking info - my rotors are still in UK - Wortec was apparently let down by courrier . will get them here in Copenhagen Friday - but I will be in the UK Fri-Sun so I could just as well have collected them myself. Anyway, looking forward to unboxing them Sunday evening.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by F-Type-Type
Quoting myself LOL - just got tracking info - my rotors are still in UK - Wortec was apparently let down by courrier . will get them here in Copenhagen Friday - but I will be in the UK Fri-Sun so I could just as well have collected them myself. Anyway, looking forward to unboxing them Sunday evening.
40kg of carry-on baggage? You're best off just letting them ship it.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:27 AM
Veteran Member
Default Vivid Rotors

I believe this clears things up:

From Paul at Wortec:
Just a quick email to clarify the rotor supply through vivid racing.

The rotors you guys have are the very first set made and the car in the UK had the prototype set fitted.

This product only started life when Andrew contacted me and we have produced 10 sets (we have 2 sets in stock)

vivid have just taken over the disruption of our products under the Wp pro brand in the USA (June 1st) and have been building the Web site and adding prices. i have seen a few mistakes on the site (one of which is the Jaguar) and these will be updated.

It was always our intention to distribute the Jaguar system to our dealers world wide and with shipping by sea and bulk ordering the dealer can make his profit.

your rotors including Inc air freight are still cheaper than the to "be revised" cost from vivid (which have no stock yet).

I have started the design for our 6 and 8 piston calipers to be fitted to your rotors as the next upgrade option to move the performance on even further.

Any questions please ask.

Regards
Paul

Old 06-06-2018, 07:30 AM

40kg of carry-on baggage? You're best off just letting them ship it.
Quite right. Would though be fun to see the reaction from security staff when scanning my bag :-)

Old 06-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Received 241 Likes on 173 Posts

"I have started the design for our 6 and 8 piston calipers to be fitted to your rotors as the next upgrade option to move the performance on even further.

Any questions please ask.

Regards
Paul"

Great, another way for us to spend our money

We'll see when we install rotors how heavy those gigantic factory front calipers are - ridiculous they were not opposing piston designs in the first place.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
We'll see when we install rotors how heavy those gigantic factory front calipers are - ridiculous they were not opposing piston designs in the first place.
That's what I keep saying, especially considering they have six-piston Brembos in the parts bin already, and use them on an SUV.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:58 AM
Received 253 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Where?
I went right through the process short of actually buying a pair of the front rotors and nowhere did I see the words "in stock" or anything like that.
Go all the way to placing the order to the point you pick the shipping method. Including overnight....

Old 06-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Received 253 Likes on 171 Posts

I believe this clears things up:

From Paul at Wortec:
It sounds a lot more like you confronted him and now they are tweaking pricing etc.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by FType17
It sounds a lot more like you confronted him and now they are tweaking pricing etc.
Someone else must have confronted him as the email came to me unsolicited.

ALSO: does anyone have any suggestion how to easily retract the piston on the rear brake so that I can get the caliper to fit around the new Porterfield pads? Tried to use a cylinder expansion tool but it had no impact.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Is a floating rotor of any benefit if you don't track your car?

Old 06-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

Hello to all,
i have received my new rotors and am having them installed on Saturday, with new spacers and new porterfield pads.

does anyone have suggestions for installing such, i see unhinged has problem with new pads, i assume i will have same problems. anyone already installed any thoughts for this dilemma?

I am having someone else do this as i have no idea how to do job!

Any thoughts on brake fluid change (have 25K miles, not planning on it ) any other secrets,
greasing,filing down pads Breaking in the new pads ( how to?)
any idea or suggestions will be greatly appreciated by me and i expect many others.

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Mitchell

Old 06-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Received 241 Likes on 173 Posts

ALSO: does anyone have any suggestion how to easily retract the piston on the rear brake so that I can get the caliper to fit around the new Porterfield pads? Tried to use a cylinder expansion tool but it had no impact.

It is possible they are like the Japanese (honda) style where they screw in?

Old 06-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by vettegood
Hello to all,
i have received my new rotors and am having them installed on Saturday, with new spacers and new porterfield pads.

does anyone have suggestions for installing such, i see unhinged has problem with new pads, i assume i will have same problems. anyone already installed any thoughts for this dilemma?

I am having someone else do this as i have no idea how to do job!

Any thoughts on brake fluid change (have 25K miles, not planning on it ) any other secrets,
greasing,filing down pads Breaking in the new pads ( how to?)
any idea or suggestions will be greatly appreciated by me and i expect many others.

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Mitchell
Wortec should have sent you a .pdf on how to break in the rotors/pads. If not, let me know and I will post them.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Chawumba
It is possible they are like the Japanese (honda) style where they screw in?
Could well be. The face of the piston looks like it accepts a strange 3 point tool. I tried improvising something and couldn't rotate that piston face even a smidge.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Lance, did you try the electric parking brake retraction procedure?

Old 06-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by F-Envy
Lance, did you try the electric parking brake retraction procedure?
I devised my own methodology (turn on ignition, release parking brake, disconnect parking brake harness). Worked like a champ to remove the caliper. Engineering mantra: when all else fails read the instructions. I guess I'm there. Anyone have that procedure handy?

Old 06-06-2018, 07:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Put the car in brake maintenance mode. Ignition on, push the hand brake button down and hold for 2 secs, press accelerator to the floor and hold 2 secs turn ignition off/on and release accelerator and hand brake button. Dash should now read Brake Maintenance Mode. This retracts the EPS motors to allow you to push the piston back in. No tools needed.

Take the car out of brake maintenance mode. Ignition on, pull the hand brake button up and hold for 2 secs, press accelerator to the floor and hold 2 secs turn ignition off/on and release accelerator and hand brake button. Dash should now clear Brake Maintenance Mode.

The following 3 users liked this post by F-Envy:
Unhingd (06-06-2018), vettegood (06-06-2018), XJ8JR (06-07-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by F-Envy
Put the car in brake maintenance mode. Ignition on, push the hand brake button down and hold for 2 secs, press accelerator to the floor and hold 2 secs turn ignition off/on and release accelerator and hand brake button. Dash should now read Brake Maintenance Mode. This retracts the EPS motors to allow you to push the piston back in. No tools needed.

Take the car out of brake maintenance mode. Ignition on, pull the hand brake button up and hold for 2 secs, press accelerator to the floor and hold 2 secs turn ignition off/on and release accelerator and hand brake button. Dash should now clear Brake Maintenance Mode.

Greatly appreciated, thanks.

Quick Reply: Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type