F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 11:29 PM
Received 241 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I use the brakes hard when I use them, but I haven’t tracked the car. No warping issues or even any fading.

+1 here as well.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:34 PM
Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by H.Jones
Quick update on the Wortec Rotors...

Had to take them to a machine shop to have them skimmed. Paul presented me with two (2) options:
  1. Re-install as is, and follow a bed in procedure, to remove any un-even pad material off of rotors.
  2. Have rotors turned/ skimmed then re-install and follow bed in procedure.

I opted for option #2, just to be sure, and based on what the machine shop told me the rotors (on the right side only) really needed to be turned.

Rotors are installed, and I followed Paul's bed in procedure, will wait till tomorrow before re-driving the car. I also opted to switch from EBC yellow pads and installed brand new Porterfield 4S pads.

Will provide an update, once I have more time in the car, later next week.
So I figured I would provide an update. I have probably put on ~3,000 miles (or ~5,000kms) on the rotors and and brake pads. I have done quite a bit of highway driving with high speeds, and numerous stops. I have done one 1/4 mile event, and one 1/2 mile event, with multiple runs for each event. I will say that brakes have held up great. Now that I have a little more confidence in the setup, I will provide a theory as to what may have cause my previous grief/ issues.

I know how hot the brakes can get if you stop from high speeds. If I come to a complete stop, after repetitive brake use, and keep my foot on the brake, I may bake on some pad material onto the rotors. I believe that may have happened, and the only way to get that excess material off, would have been to follow the bed in procedure or to remove rotors and turn them. I have made conscious effort to not come to a complete stop unless I absolutely have to, if I have been doing some spirited driving with excessive braking, and if I do come to a complete stop that I do not hold down the brakes.

Only time will tell if my theory is plausible.

But I just wanted to provide an update stating that brakes are functioning as good as ever, with full confidence in the braking setup/ system restored.

I do have an actual track event coming up next week (August 28th), that will provide a real test for the brakes.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I always release the brakes before coming to a full stop and then reapply as needed. Obviously easier with an MT. After awhile it becomes automatic. I don’t even think about it.

Last edited by Unhingd; 08-21-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:16 PM
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Gorgeous and would do them in a heartbeat, just don't have 2 grand for brakes.

Last edited by EJag66; 08-23-2019 at 06:16 PM. Reason: And to save 50 lbs
Old 08-26-2019, 07:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My set showed today after a brief hang up with customs. Had to pay an additional $112.92 to the UPS driver. Don't think I'll put them on the car. I'm just going to keep them close to stare at them. EBC yellow pads arrived last week, Michelin 305/265s showed last week as well. Was looking at some Forgeline 3 piece wheels but still looking.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Tex Jag
My set showed today after a brief hang up with customs. Had to pay an additional $112.92 to the UPS driver. Don't think I'll put them on the car. I'm just going to keep them close to stare at them. EBC yellow pads arrived last week, Michelin 305/265s showed last week as well. Was looking at some Forgeline 3 piece wheels but still looking.
What’s keeping you from installing them?

Old 08-26-2019, 09:41 PM
Received 189 Likes on 109 Posts

What’s keeping you from installing them?
I think I understand:

When I was 15 I saved up and bought a new pair of snowboard boots. Top of line, coolest there was.

For the first week I posed them neatly a short distance from the foot of my bed every night, so I could admire them as I nodded off.

Now at 31, I can't promise I wouldn't do the same with a set of those rotors... 😉

Old 08-27-2019, 02:27 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still waiting for some carbon fiber parts to show that were delayed by the manufacturer. I'm leaving for 3 weeks and wanted everything done at once. I live in an apartment complex so I have to outsource work. Back to L.A. to the shop that installed the VAP tune

Old 02-09-2020, 11:01 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

With this thread being 29 pages, I couldn't make it through all of it. Just skimmed after the first 5 pages. Are these rotors (of any configuration) actually available for purchase now? I tried the link posted in one of the earlier pages http://www.wortec.co.uk/rotors-discs but that page doesn't exist now. Browsing the site, I did find this link Jaguar F type but it doesn't tell me a whole lot. Thinking it might be best to just get a Brembo big brake kit like this one https://www.carid.com/2016-jaguar-f-...937948574.html

Old 02-09-2020, 01:57 PM
Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddiesel
With this thread being 29 pages, I couldn't make it through all of it. Just skimmed after the first 5 pages. Are these rotors (of any configuration) actually available for purchase now? I tried the link posted in one of the earlier pages http://www.wortec.co.uk/rotors-discs but that page doesn't exist now. Browsing the site, I did find this link Jaguar F type but it doesn't tell me a whole lot. Thinking it might be best to just get a Brembo big brake kit like this one https://www.carid.com/2016-jaguar-f-...937948574.html

Yes, they are available. I have a set coming in about a week. They are not off the shelf, they make them as you order them and it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 months to get them. If you are interested email anneliese <anneliese@wortec.co.uk> and she will take care of you.

Wayne B

Last edited by WayneB; 02-09-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by WayneB
Yes, they are available. I have a set coming in about a week. They are not off the shelf, they make them as you order them and it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 months to get them. If you are interested email anneliese <anneliese@wortec.co.uk> and she will take care of you.

Wayne B
Cool, thanks!

Old 02-11-2020, 10:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI
I am very happy with my set have about 4K miles on them, no issues

Regards
Ravi

The following users liked this post:
WayneB (02-11-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ravi
FYI
I am very happy with my set have about 4K miles on them, no issues

Regards
Ravi
Good to know. Thanks. I have been in communication with Anneliese and she quoted me about $4500 shipped for a 6 piston caliper front brake kit and the rear rotor. And I gotta say it looks pretty sweet. Probably won't go with this color though

The following 2 users liked this post by Toddiesel:
JgaXkr (02-11-2020), XJ8JR (02-11-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 08:54 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddiesel
Good to know. Thanks. I have been in communication with Anneliese and she quoted me about $4500 shipped for a 6 piston caliper front brake kit and the rear rotor. And I gotta say it looks pretty sweet. Probably won't go with this color though

thats actually not that bad of a price considering this is literally the only other option for a upgrade that I’m aware of. I just dropped 38lbs with forged rims and can feel the difference immediately, especially the handling. I can only imagine what another 30 up front would save going with these rotors.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ltrain925
thats actually not that bad of a price considering this is literally the only other option for a upgrade that I’m aware of. I just dropped 38lbs with forged rims and can feel the difference immediately, especially the handling. I can only imagine what another 30 up front would save going with these rotors.
Absolutely. This is the same price a Brembo big brake kit costs and that doesn't include rear rotors like this will and it sounds like these guys are legit in how they make their rotors. I'm just waiting on my tax return then i'm pulling the trigger.

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (02-22-2020)
Old 02-23-2020, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member

Reducing the total rotational weight by 70-80 lbs is a real game changer for the F-Type. The handling feels substantially lighter and the car traverses uneven surfaces much more smoothly.

Old 02-23-2020, 05:31 PM

Reducing the total rotational weight by 70-80 lbs is a real game changer for the F-Type. The handling feels substantially lighter and the car traverses uneven surfaces much more smoothly.
Definitely hope that's the case. Looking at getting forged wheels so that'll be a big reduction as well. Didn't really want to due to the cost, but I just can't find anything in the cast/flow-formed category that I like enough. I also didn't love anything from VS Forged. I did like a couple, but if I'm gonna pay 3 grand for a set of wheels, gotta get something I actually love, so it looks like I'm going to be getting some Savinis. Between those and the brakes, should be 100lbs or so of unsprung weight reduction.Several week lead time on both the wheels and the brakes so it'll be a while before I give an update.

Old 02-23-2020, 07:25 PM

Rotational weight is huge especially off the front so I’ll probably end up getting these, however I don’t think I need 6 piston calipers as much as I want them. I just do weekend canyon driving and sprinted drives. However they would look so badass! I just got the Porterfield RS-4 pads hoping that creates more of a bite. I don’t like the stock pads not enough bite. So maybe I will get them lol, we’ll see.

i just did the lower crank pulley and 200 cell sport cats on my 16 R and the car finally has the power And sound I’m happy with. It’s a shame these cars weight what they do, if they came in around 3600lbs (in the AWD model at least) wow would this car be a monster! So loosing some weight is a must lol. Coming from a 800hp c7 z06 manual i thought experience wasn’t going to be as good with this car but I love just as much.

what’s the lead time on getting the rotors?

Old 02-23-2020, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,216 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Rotational weight is huge especially off the front so I’ll probably end up getting these, however I don’t think I need 6 piston calipers as much as I want them. I just do weekend canyon driving and sprinted drives. However they would look so badass! I just got the Porterfield RS-4 pads hoping that creates more of a bite. I don’t like the stock pads not enough bite. So maybe I will get them lol, we’ll see.

i just did the lower crank pulley and 200 cell sport cats on my 16 R and the car finally has the power And sound I’m happy with. It’s a shame these cars weight what they do, if they came in around 3600lbs (in the AWD model at least) wow would this car be a monster! So loosing some weight is a must lol. Coming from a 800hp c7 z06 manual i thought experience wasn’t going to be as good with this car but I love just as much.

what’s the lead time on getting the rotors?
I suspect you will disappointed with the Porterfield R4S brake pads if you are wanting more initial bite than the stock pads.
In my experience the stock pads (which are semi-metallic) are very bitey, too much for my liking (difficult bordering on impossible to drive smoothly in stop/go traffic) and the Porterfields are much more progressive with a much softer (less bitey) initial pedal feel. Very much like ceramic pads although they are carbon/kevlar.
However if you are looking for more bite when you are deep into the brake pedal and hauling down from high speeds then the Porterfields are as good if not a little better than the stock pads.

Old 02-23-2020, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I suspect you will disappointed with the Porterfield R4S brake pads if you are wanting more initial bite than the stock pads.
In my experience the stock pads (which are semi-metallic) are very bitey, too much for my liking (difficult bordering on impossible to drive smoothly in stop/go traffic) and the Porterfields are much more progressive with a much softer (less bitey) initial pedal feel. Very much like ceramic pads although they are carbon/kevlar.
However if you are looking for more bite when you are deep into the brake pedal and hauling down from high speeds then the Porterfields are as good if not a little better than the stock pads.
my stock pads don’t have that feel at all, In fact my new civic has more initial bite. I may have to bleed my brakes.

Quick Reply: Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type