Group Buy: (4) 17mm hubcentric adapters/spacers

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Why did you stamp an "M" into the stud?

Old 08-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

It is actually a "W" as my last name is Welter. Seriously, the wheel studs on the rear all have "m" stamped on them whereas the front are plain. Know not why. I posted what I thought were the clearest pictures. It turns out it was the front pre grinding and the rear post grinding. The wheel is the left rear.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Tel
Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

Here's the kind of clearance in a Forged Blade. Over an inch.

And here's my different size nuts...grrrr!

A side shot today with two of the adaptors fitted. Now the suspension has settled off the jack, the gap between the tyre and the arch isn't too bad at all IMO.

Right hand side with spacers fitted...

...and left hand side without spacers for comparison...

Last edited by Tel; 08-06-2016 at 04:08 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Tel:
Burt Gummer (08-06-2016), jf1 (08-06-2016), JgaXkr (08-06-2016), Mbourne (08-06-2016)
Old 08-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Agreed: not too bad, but looks a lot better without the gap.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Thanks for those pics Tel. Looks so nice with the spacers - like it should have been from the start. Very nice IRR Jag btw!

Old 08-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
Default Tel

You need to smoke out the tail lights to give them some contrast, especially on a red car it's a must. Then hit your muffler tips with flat black hi-temp paint then you're all set.

Theres no place for chrome on a red car with the black out package!

Attached Thumbnails Group Buy: (4) 17mm hubcentric adapters/spacers-side_shot_with_spacers_f8b6709a0a2c53cdc21b7c755613a5d62b1cdfd3.jpg  

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 08-06-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Tel
Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
You need to smoke out the tail lights to give them some contrast, especially on a red car it's a must. Then hit your muffler tips with flat black hi-temp paint then you're all set.

Theres no place for chrome on a red car with the black out package!
That has certainly wetted my appetite now! Thanks for the example!

I'll look at the feasibility of spraying the tips satin black (high temp paint) without having to sand or 'key' the existing surface and take a look at a tint film for the rear lights.

I think the chrome badges will have to go black too, but I don;t want it looking too pimped ;-)...it's a Jaaag after all!

Old 08-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Well we ran into a slight snag. Looks like all the studs will need to be ground down on mine. The Cyclone wheels from 2014/15 are not as deep as the Tornados. The insets are shallow. Since I don't have a grinder looks like I will be taking to the shop to get it done. Another week lost. At least I found all the jack points and the new jack works great.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
It would probably have been best to have spent the extra $80 to have the rest of the bolts shortened.
Rookie question. If all the bolts are ground down 2-3mm is it safe to go back to stock someday or is a new hub required?

Old 08-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Rookie question. If all the bolts are ground down 2-3mm is it safe to go back to stock someday or is a new hub required?
Perfectly safe to go back and eliminate the spacers. The first quarter inch of the stud isn't even threaded.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Mbourne (08-07-2016), SanDiegoJAG (10-13-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 02:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Tel
That has certainly wetted my appetite now! Thanks for the example!

I'll look at the feasibility of spraying the tips satin black (high temp paint) without having to sand or 'key' the existing surface and take a look at a tint film for the rear lights.

I think the chrome badges will have to go black too, but I don;t want it looking too pimped ;-)...it's a Jaaag after all!
I hate the chrome badging, Jag should have done it themselves.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate the chrome badging, Jag should have done it themselves.
Couldn't agree more with polaris. Jaguar should definitely have the badges blacked out as part of the black pack. Can't understand why they have not done so. I have seen that this shop in the UK sells blacked emblems, but they are not on the cheap side: Jaguar F-Type Black Chrome Badge - Reforma UK. Rookie question: do you need to order a new set of badges, or can you paint the originals and put them back on? Thanks

Old 08-08-2016, 05:17 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Seb_CH
Couldn't agree more with polaris. Jaguar should definitely have the badges blacked out as part of the black pack. Can't understand why they have not done so. I have seen that this shop in the UK sells blacked emblems, but they are not on the cheap side: Jaguar F-Type Black Chrome Badge - Reforma UK. Rookie question: do you need to order a new set of badges, or can you paint the originals and put them back on? Thanks
plastic-dip the Jaguar cat, 3 months and going strong with no chips. Easy to touchup

Old 08-12-2016, 05:25 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got the car back from the body shop last night. Repairs are terrific. Glad to have it back.

The alignment tech at the body shop was kind enough to install the spacers while he had the car on a lift. Spacers look terrific. Perfect thickness and for me, at least, with HORRIBLE Atlanta roads, I don't feel a need to do the suspension drop. I already drag the nose too often. I'll try to get some decent photos today with the spacers installed.

As a side note, I have the Tornado wheels, on a '16 coupe, and had no need to grind down any of the wheel studs. All the spacers and wheels went on with no issue.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by cptslow
Got the car back from the body shop last night. Repairs are terrific. Glad to have it back.

The alignment tech at the body shop was kind enough to install the spacers while he had the car on a lift. Spacers look terrific. Perfect thickness and for me, at least, with HORRIBLE Atlanta roads, I don't feel a need to do the suspension drop. I already drag the nose too often. I'll try to get some decent photos today with the spacers installed.

As a side note, I have the Tornado wheels, on a '16 coupe, and had no need to grind down any of the wheel studs. All the spacers and wheels went on with no issue.
edit

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 08-12-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:28 AM

Quality issues with the spacers then. Apparently, theres no rhyme or reason to stud seating depth assuming they are all the same length to begin with. Either way, we know the variations aren't with the wheels so Lenny needs to figure out how to get the studs the right length and consistent.
Exactly the opposite, if you ask me. The inconsistencies are in the length of the studs that Jaguar has attached to the hubs. Mine were of different length, just that none of them were long enough to interfere with the back of the wheel. I would argue that (except for the wrong sized nut that another received) Lenny's craftsmanship and QC are pretty flawless. I think the problem is a car company, that has corporate cost and time constraints, and likely doesn't anticipate people doing mods like this, are to blame.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Exactly the opposite, if you ask me. The inconsistencies are in the length of the studs that Jaguar has attached to the hubs. Mine were of different length, just that none of them were long enough to interfere with the back of the wheel. I would argue that (except for the wrong sized nut that another received) Lenny's craftsmanship and QC are pretty flawless. I think the problem is a car company, that has corporate cost and time constraints, and likely doesn't anticipate people doing mods like this, are to blame.

Ahh, you are right.

It is Jaguar that is at fault, Not Lenny. Although it would be blasphemy to say so around here. Be careful.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:50 PM
Veteran Member

Ahh, you are right.

It is Jaguar that is at fault, Not Lenny. Although it would be blasphemy to say so around here. Be careful.
+2.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:54 PM

Ahh, you are right.

I wasn't being critical. Just pointing out that some people may have a issue, and that it's not the spacers. I wouldn't be surprised if most cars were similar.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:43 PM
Veteran Member

I wasn't being critical. Just pointing out that some people may have a issue, and that it's not the spacers. I wouldn't be surprised if most cars were similar.
No, I get it, it took me a second to figure out the the studs the are random in length are the Jag ones and not the Lenny ones. I had to think about it for a sec without the set-up in front of me. I then had the revelation that the studs that are in question are the ones that are on the hub, not the spacer.

Brainfart on my part. Thanks for pointing it out for us.

Quick Reply: Group Buy: (4) 17mm hubcentric adapters/spacers