Which is now

Old 07-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
send me a pm.
Originally Posted by Ftypekev
Which is now
Haven’t received anything yet. I’ll try to pm you.

Old 09-21-2020, 12:04 PM
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Just been reading this thread....
I'm interested in a OEM Shifter, sounds cool. Trouble is I haven't bought my car yet...

Old 09-21-2020, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Marlow42
Just been reading this thread....
I'm interested in a OEM Shifter, sounds cool. Trouble is I haven't bought my car yet...
You looking for an OEM shifter or a short-shifter? I'm the only source now for these short shifters. They are fabricated from OEM shifters. When you have your car, PM me. I have a finished short-shifter sitting on my desk ready to ship out when you are ready..

The following users liked this post:
Marlow42 (09-21-2020)
Old 12-30-2020, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been following the forums for a while but finally pulled the trigger on joining! This is definitely a part I have been looking for for a while, would definitely be interested if there is any stock left.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Wmarinics18
I have been following the forums for a while but finally pulled the trigger on joining! This is definitely a part I have been looking for for a while, would definitely be interested if there is any stock left.
I do have a couple short-shifters left that I had fabricated by my local performance machine shop. If interested, PM me.

Old 01-05-2021, 03:00 AM

Thank you for the quick response Unhingd. I am relatively new to the forums and not sure how to send a PM. I am definitely interested in the short shifter though!

Old 01-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Wmarinics18
Thank you for the quick response Unhingd. I am relatively new to the forums and not sure how to send a PM. I am definitely interested in the short shifter though!
I'll PM you.

Old 05-16-2021, 05:32 AM
Smile

You looking for an OEM shifter or a short-shifter? I'm the only source now for these short shifters. They are fabricated from OEM shifters. When you have your car, PM me. I have a finished short-shifter sitting on my desk ready to ship out when you are ready..
Same topic, different issue... Bought my 17 F-Type S Coupe MT in Feb with short shifter already installed by PO. However, I'm having a few issues getting reverse by mistake at lights/junctions/etc, on the odd occassion. Seems to be fractions of an inch between getting 1st and reverse. The work around I've been using is 2nd to 1st. Is there something wrong? I've been driving MT since birth as I'm from UK and now have four MT cars in the barn.

Old 05-16-2021, 09:07 AM
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlow42
Same topic, different issue... Bought my 17 F-Type S Coupe MT in Feb with short shifter already installed by PO. However, I'm having a few issues getting reverse by mistake at lights/junctions/etc, on the odd occassion. Seems to be fractions of an inch between getting 1st and reverse. The work around I've been using is 2nd to 1st. Is there something wrong? I've been driving MT since birth as I'm from UK and now have four MT cars in the barn.
Hmm... sounds like it might be a linkage problem to the gearbox. I have one of these short shifters on my car (and had the original shifter too) and installed it. On my car you have to make a significant push of the shifter through the gate to the left to get it into reverse. I can't imagine getting 1st and reverse mixed up.

Old 05-16-2021, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 978 Likes on 730 Posts

Two things I'd try. I just checked my own car. Engine not running:

Put it in a gear and check fore-aft and lateral play. Mine was in first, so that's what I checked. Fore-aft play is negligible and side to side there's about half an inch of play, no more. If there is more play or it feels sloppy, check the linkage, particularly the difficult to reach bolt at the bottom of the stick itself. A lift would help.

Move the stick to neutral. Push gently to the left. It should move easily to the 1-2 line, then have a noticeable detent to move farther to the reverse line. If this extra spring pressure is not present, I'd check the reverse lockout mechanism. I'm not sure what that looks like, but there's something that provides that extra effort and also blocks engagement of reverse once a specific forward speed is reached.

Old 05-16-2021, 12:06 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Two things I'd try. I just checked my own car. Engine not running:

Put it in a gear and check fore-aft and lateral play. Mine was in first, so that's what I checked. Fore-aft play is negligible and side to side there's about half an inch of play, no more. If there is more play or it feels sloppy, check the linkage, particularly the difficult to reach bolt at the bottom of the stick itself. A lift would help.

Move the stick to neutral. Push gently to the left. It should move easily to the 1-2 line, then have a noticeable detent to move farther to the reverse line. If this extra spring pressure is not present, I'd check the reverse lockout mechanism. I'm not sure what that looks like, but there's something that provides that extra effort and also blocks engagement of reverse once a specific forward speed is reached.
Second part is the same with spring definitly there. First part - Will check amount of movement/play.
Thanks...

Old 06-01-2021, 03:45 AM

I'll PM you.
Still have a short shifter? Can you PM me?

Old 06-14-2021, 05:52 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by kthwht00
Still have a short shifter? Can you PM me?
None in stock, but I was able to retrieve some cores and can make one for you. I'll PM you.

Old 06-14-2021, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

long story short, my dealer swapped my short shifter from 2016 to the 2019. I am sure they did it... but how would I measure to be sure? Since I picked it up I've always thought it still felt a bit long, and would love the measurement of the throw from OEM to the short? Or how to tell for sure?

Old 06-14-2021, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
long story short, my dealer swapped my short shifter from 2016 to the 2019. I am sure they did it... but how would I measure to be sure? Since I picked it up I've always thought it still felt a bit long, and would love the measurement of the throw from OEM to the short? Or how to tell for sure?
I may still have notes from when Lance was pullling together specs. I measured the throw on my stock shifter and that on my '91 Miata, and Lance had measurements from his Mini with short-shifter. I'll poke around.

Old 06-14-2021, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member

Start here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...5/#post1601297

Old 06-16-2021, 08:15 PM
Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

I installed Unhingd’s short shifter a few weeks ago (returning my core pronto) and I liked the reduced throw distance, which resulted in less elbow movement on the arm rest.
I had a great track day at Club Motorsports in Tamworth NH and the 3 hour drive to/from Vermont was great.
All shifts went like clock work.
Bravo.. thanks Lance.

lakes region in NH is stellar

Overlooking corner 10 and 11, and Mount Chocoroah

Harrys lap timer with Kiwi3 OBD2 plugin

Herman

Last edited by HermanWiegman; 06-17-2021 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Some typos
Old 06-17-2021, 07:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

None in stock, but I was able to retrieve some cores and can make one for you. I'll PM you.
I would love to join in if you could make one for me too

Old 06-20-2021, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member

Measure the distances of the top of the shifter to the dash panel in 1st and 2nd gears. The difference between those measurements is 4” on the OEM shifter and 3” on the short shifter.

The following users liked this post:
HermanWiegman (06-20-2021)

Quick Reply: Group Buy on Short Shift Kits for Jaguar FType V6 Manual