F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy: VS Forged Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 09:22 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone know if these guys are still in business? I'd love to order a set of VS19's but I've tried contacting them a couple times and had no luck. Their social media profiles have been pretty quiet all year too which seems odd.

Old 12-04-2021, 09:41 PM
Received 82 Likes on 35 Posts

I asked for a quote a couple of months ago through their website, but I never received a response.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:03 AM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

gotta have a set what are they and where are they??? thanks

Old 01-03-2022, 04:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For those that have gone with 9.5" wide fronts, what offset are you running?
Anyone running these over CCBs? What offsets clear the bigger calipers? I want to make sure I spec these correctly.

Called PK and spoke with Max who confirmed they are still making / selling these wheels and can provide a group buy discount similar to before (5 orders gets everyone $200 discount). I'm new here and only had my f-type a short while but I do plan on ordering a set. I'm not sure if there would be 4 others that would be ready to order as well...

Old 01-03-2022, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by petik
Anyone running these over CCBs? What offsets clear the bigger calipers? I want to make sure I spec these correctly.

Called PK and spoke with Max who confirmed they are still making / selling these wheels and can provide a group buy discount similar to before (5 orders gets everyone $200 discount). I'm new here and only had my f-type a short while but I do plan on ordering a set. I'm not sure if there would be 4 others that would be ready to order as well...
Maybe. I've been considering wheels again since my commute costs are down and it's the dead of winter (for here, anyway).

Old 01-04-2022, 05:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

I believe the offsets may be different on the SVR. On my R with BC Forged HCA381S, 9.5 x 11 offsets were 42mm and 32mm. Also purchased from PK Auto Design. Looking at the two cars side by side (I have an 18 SVR with CCB also). I notice on the 16R the 265, and 305's are pretty flush with the outside lip of the fenders. The stock 18 SVR's are set in some (maybe 3/8"?). You can check on your car. I would see if they can set the offsets so you can get the tires to sit out some from stock if that is a look you like. PK Auto did a section drawing of my wheels to check offsets. At the time the fit was guaranteed. When I ordered custom wheels for my '11 XF, it took three tries for the company to get it right (not PK). I expect PK has quite a bit of experience with F types now, although not sure how many are replacing SVR wheels with CCB. I would ask them to see if what they have done before with CCB SVR's. BC Forged makes a beautiful wheel, but likely double the cost of VS Forged. Haven't looked in a while though. Will be interested to see how yours turns out.

Last edited by jaguny; 01-04-2022 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:33 AM
Received 260 Likes on 132 Posts

I tried to contact VS several times (email, phone) and never got an answer save one from Joe at I think Vertini saying they had some VS15's in stock still. Granted, I tried on the days between Xmas and New Years so they may all have been on vacation (but shouldn't they at least have an auto reply or voicemail....the phone just rang and rang).

Really wanted these and think the ones on the cars in the thread are amazing looking.

I just need to know in my head that WHEN I have an issue (not if given the roads these days), that there is a support process that is fast and easy. I hate the idea of being stranded far from home on a long trip without anyone replying to me. To me that is the weak link on an otherwise amazing wheel option. Since my car is a GT for me and not a track car....have to put this idea on hold until things improve. I get supply chain and COVID staffing issues....but responsiveness matters still.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I tried to contact VS several times (email, phone) and never got an answer save one from Joe at I think Vertini saying they had some VS15's in stock still. Granted, I tried on the days between Xmas and New Years so they may all have been on vacation (but shouldn't they at least have an auto reply or voicemail....the phone just rang and rang).

Really wanted these and think the ones on the cars in the thread are amazing looking.

I just need to know in my head that WHEN I have an issue (not if given the roads these days), that there is a support process that is fast and easy. I hate the idea of being stranded far from home on a long trip without anyone replying to me. To me that is the weak link on an otherwise amazing wheel option. Since my car is a GT for me and not a track car....have to put this idea on hold until things improve. I get supply chain and COVID staffing issues....but responsiveness matters still.
I've been dealing with PK directly only, and they've been very responsive. I've not tried VS directly, though my experience with other wheel manufacturers was no better than what you described...or really pretty much any auto parts manufacturer. Unless you're a reseller they partner with, you're waaay down their priority list. This is generally why you'd deal with a reseller instead. I hear you though, given the responsiveness you're looking for you might need to go with a chain / franchise instead.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:34 AM
Received 260 Likes on 132 Posts

I've been dealing with PK directly only, and they've been very responsive. I've not tried VS directly, though my experience with other wheel manufacturers was no better than what you described...or really pretty much any auto parts manufacturer. Unless you're a reseller they partner with, you're waaay down their priority list. This is generally why you'd deal with a reseller instead. I hear you though, given the responsiveness you're looking for you might need to go with a chain / franchise instead.
Thank you - understood.

I just need rapid replacement in the mix of things at these price points. Just me.

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 01-06-2022 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Thank you - understood.

My issue is this. Say I am on a long drive - a rally or a road trip where I don't know the roads and I hit a pothole or a bridge joint that is just a little bigger than it should be (that is about 80% of roads now above the Mason Dixon line and probably 30 to 50% of those bellow where it gets cold....in the US. And I damage a wheel/lose a tire. A tire in these sizes can be days too...but say I get a room or a rental car and get home or wait it out for the tire....annoying/expensive...but not a total fuster cluck.

If I cannot get a wheel and cannot get "PK" (one guy/girl, etc.)...I am perhaps screwed for months. What if PK quits...gets admitted for COVID, etc. That is just not a professionally satisfying situation to me.... If this was a track toy, fine. And these VS wheels are art. But I chose to live the dream and DD this F-type. That to me is sort of the ultimate...every day. Every drive. As such, I chose OEM forged wheels. Boat anchors that look nice and won't break and if they do, and my car still can be driven......then I can get a new one fast. I just think that angle of things needs to be noted by all as after the fact being far from home on a VS wheel is a risk one is taking. And at their weights, even forged, they will never hold up like an OEM forged boat anchor. Metal is metal.
To be clear, I am keeping my factory wheels as well. So should what you describe happen, I still have something to fall back on. Given the relatively low cost of the PK wheels (certainly compared to OEM) I'm justifying this to myself in that I could buy two sets for the cost of one set of the OEMs. You could certainly buy one spare front and one spare rear for the piece of mind if you wanted to. Not trying to convince you, just conveying my thoughts on it.

I also get your thoughts on using it as a GT car. I live in Austin so the car sees CoTA only - would love to break 165mph in the back straight I've a MUCH cheaper track car for all the other tracks around here and only plan to take the SVR out maybe twice a year to CoTA and that's about it. Primary use is still DD.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny
I believe the offsets may be different on the SVR. On my R with BC Forged HCA381S, 9.5 x 11 offsets were 42mm and 32mm. Also purchased from PK Auto Design. Looking at the two cars side by side (I have an 18 SVR with CCB also). I notice on the 16R the 265, and 305's are pretty flush with the outside lip of the fenders. The stock 18 SVR's are set in some (maybe 3/8"?). You can check on your car. I would see if they can set the offsets so you can get the tires to sit out some from stock if that is a look you like. PK Auto did a section drawing of my wheels to check offsets. At the time the fit was guaranteed. When I ordered custom wheels for my '11 XF, it took three tries for the company to get it right (not PK). I expect PK has quite a bit of experience with F types now, although not sure how many are replacing SVR wheels with CCB. I would ask them to see if what they have done before with CCB SVR's. BC Forged makes a beautiful wheel, but likely double the cost of VS Forged. Haven't looked in a while though. Will be interested to see how yours turns out.
The offsets are indeed different on the SVR but I think it's only to cover the rears being half inch wider.
From what I could find the R wheels are +55mm offset for the 9" wide fronts and +38mm for the 10.5" rears. On the SVR the front offset is the same +55mm for the same 9" wide front and +54mm for the 11" wide rear. They're effectively pushing out the full half (12.7mm) inch width out to the inside (and an extra 3-4mm) and keeping the outer clearance about the same.

Reference data - you can browse through all the other available wheels and the offsets appear consistent:
Maelstrom SVR wheels: https://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/ja...041_wheel_6642
Heidi R wheels: https://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/ja...060_wheel_6638

VS recommended +46mm on the fronts since I'm looking to move to 9.5" wide there and 28mm for the 11" rears to make sure they clear the CCBs. I did stress with them I'm concerned about clearing CCBs and they were confident this would fit from their experience. I'm not too concerned about the fronts at 46mm, but I was somewhat concerned about the 28mm going too close to the fenders on the rears. I've no intention of lowering the car as I already have trouble clearing the front air dam in some of the areas I drive, so that may help.

Last edited by petik; 01-06-2022 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:10 PM

In order to qualify for a group buy would we all have to order the same wheels/specs or just the same brand? I'm 100% interested in a set of VS Forged VS19's in DDT for my '17 R. I'm still trying to figure out the right offset specs reading through this thread (although I assume PK could help me with that), but I want to go 1/2" wider than stock to fit 265s/305s and I'd like as much "poke" as is feasible without rubbing issues. No CCBs here so that's not a worry for me. I'll happily accept anyone's advice on specs, but if you need some additional people to get in on a group buy count me in! My car's probably in the garage for the winter so I'd love to have some new shoes to mount come spring time.

Old 01-08-2022, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Eubster
In order to qualify for a group buy would we all have to order the same wheels/specs or just the same brand? I'm 100% interested in a set of VS Forged VS19's in DDT for my '17 R. I'm still trying to figure out the right offset specs reading through this thread (although I assume PK could help me with that), but I want to go 1/2" wider than stock to fit 265s/305s and I'd like as much "poke" as is feasible without rubbing issues. No CCBs here so that's not a worry for me. I'll happily accept anyone's advice on specs, but if you need some additional people to get in on a group buy count me in! My car's probably in the garage for the winter so I'd love to have some new shoes to mount come spring time.
Any VS wheel will qualify per PK.

Old 01-08-2022, 12:09 PM
Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

I got in on the original group buy and am still thrilled with the wheels. I went with 21" VS03 with the following specs:
Front: 21"x9", +32 offset; 265/30 tires
Rear: 21"x10.5", +25 offset; 305/25 tires

Car is shown after lowering with AP Velocity springs. I have not cut or rolled the fenders, and although it is very close, I don't believe they have ever rubbed.

The following users liked this post:
TheDrainPlug (06-19-2024)
Old 01-08-2022, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tork Monster
I got in on the original group buy and am still thrilled with the wheels. I went with 21" VS03 with the following specs:

Car is shown after lowering with AP Velocity springs. I have not cut or rolled the fenders, and although it is very close, I don't believe they have ever rubbed.
Thanks Torq. Worth noting I think that with the modified tire sizes you had to go with on the 21" wheels you are running a slightly different overall tire height. Compared to the SVR factory (265/35-20 and 305/30-20) you are running about the same in the front, but about 0.2" overall shorter tire in the rear which means if running OEM tires, one would be running still 0.1" closer to the fender (height-wise).

The look of your setup is absolutely perfect. I am only concerned about running these on a track fully loaded in corners and getting rubbing then. Especially if running track tires that may be slightly wider even though they are of the same specified size. (hoosiers are notorious for this, but many others do as well).

That said, I think PK does a pretty good job working with you on getting the settings that will work your particular application. I've now had several exchanges with them on what I'm looking for and they've advised me promptly.

Tork Monster (01-08-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member
Default 16 F type R custom BC Forged wheels

I dont' believe I ever posted my custom BC Forged wheels on this thread when I bought them back in 2019.

The following 3 users liked this post by jaguny:
Sparky H (01-09-2022), TheDrainPlug (06-19-2024), Tork Monster (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Default BC Forged Wheels closeup

AaronLin (01-09-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tork Monster

The wheels look incredible. Interesting that you went with 9"/10.5" widths. Those widths are same as stock correct? My understanding is that most people who have gone to 265/305s go with slightly wider wheels like 9.5"/11".

Old 01-11-2022, 10:55 AM
Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

The wheels look incredible. Interesting that you went with 9"/10.5" widths. Those widths are same as stock correct? My understanding is that most people who have gone to 265/305s go with slightly wider wheels like 9.5"/11".
Eubster-
Thank you! I played it safe... used specs from another owner, FR500GT, who installed 21" Vorsteiners on his car; the first 21" application that I saw where the specs were shown.
I haven't looked underneath to confirm, but I believe there is room on the inside for wider wheels. There certainly isn't any room on the outside, so the offset would need to be changed with wider wheels.

Old 01-11-2022, 09:43 PM

For those that may be on the fence...I'm going to place an order in about a week. Seems that it's very unlikely to get 5 for a group buy but if you're thinking about, chime in.

Quick Reply: Group Buy: VS Forged Wheels