Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group discount: Custom Wheel Spacers/Adapters for F-Type @ 25% off

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by aJAGMan
Spoke with Lenny late yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon.
He called me to apologize to everyone because, due to a mad crush of orders for SEMA (the premier car products trade show for which vendor set-up begins this Saturday), he is beyond slammed, and running a few days behind in his production.

Nice that he called me, as opposed to not... and I told him I would hold the restless natives at bay. So please don't phone Lenny this week wondering where your spacers are. He's busy! lol

He still expects to ship all our spacers this week, but more likely the end of the week, rather than mid-week as previously thought.

I totally sympathize with the SEMA crush, I have a neighbor in my industrial park who is a specialty outfitter for numerous major car manufacturers, and he has been in hyper-drive for the last month, in the process of tricking out more than a dozen cars for SEMA.

Did these ship last week?

Old 11-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foosh
Did these ship last week?
^^this restless native is wondering the same. Any news on the shipment??

Old 11-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Absent any word from the organizer here, I'll call Lenny today.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

With a bulk purchase it was always going to take longer.

But I'd urge against rushing Lenny because with a custom product that has higher manufacturing variances, I'd MUCH rather have a quality part than a rushed part.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member

I have no intention of rushing him, just looking for an update. That's why I posted here before bothering them, to try to keep multiple people from calling.

However, since they did charge my credit card on the day of the order, I don't want to pay the bill until I receive the merchandise. It's a more accepted practice that you don't get charged until the goods ship.

I don't see any possibility of variances here, because they were running them all at the same time on a machine set to a particular spec.

Last edited by Foosh; 11-05-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member

I have no intention of rushing him, just looking for an update. That's why I posted here before bothering them, to try to keep multiple people from calling.

However, since they did charge my credit card on the day of the order, I don't want to pay the bill until I receive the merchandise. It's a more accepted practice that you don't get charged until the goods ship.

I don't see any possibility of variances here, because they were running them all at the same time on a machine set to a particular spec.
Cool, makes sense.

FWIW I think the adapters are milled using CNC machines so with small lot production like there there can be a lot of variance. The CNC machine will mill the same part, but the variances come from materials inspection (no cracks!), finishing (a CNC part is very rough coming out so stuff like screw threads and edges need to be inspected and finished) and testing. Also the bit and the other parts like clamps heat up quite a bit so depending on the quality of the machine, if a lot is rushed then there is not enough time for the thermals to settle between lots.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Banned
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I had followed up with Lenny yesterday.
He said some orders were boxed up and readied for shipment yesterday. The rest would be done today.

------------------------------------
Contrary to some commentary above about when is the appropriate time to charge someone's Credit Card, the answer depends on a number of factors.

If the product being ordered is an in-stock item, or a stock item that is typically carried in inventory but presently backordered, then yes, I agree that the buyers card should not be charged till the product is shipped.

That process is often handled differently when you are ordering custom-made parts - made just for you - that are not a stocking item. In these instances, the policy can change from mfg. to mfg., but it is quite customary for a mfg. of a custom part to charge your card BEFORE actually commencing the process of cutting/producing/making your custom part for you.

The following users liked this post:
shift (11-05-2014)
Old 11-05-2014, 10:56 AM

Got mine yesterday.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the update.

Regardless of what's "appropriate," my policy is not to pay a credit card charge until I receive what I'm paying for. I was hoping that the company would deliver in time so that would not be a step I had to take. It sounds like that won't be a problem if shipping occurs this week.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by itsofct
Got mine yesterday.
Seriously?

Old 11-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Banned

Thanks for the update.

Regardless of what's "appropriate," my policy is not to pay a credit card charge until I receive what I'm paying for. I was hoping that the company would deliver in time so that would not be a step I had to take. It sounds like that won't be a problem if shipping occurs this week.

So this means there are times you willingly accept a finance charge because you have "trust" issues... lol
I'm sure you are aware of how easy it is to dispute a CC charge if you are in any way dissatisfied with a merchants service. Does not matter if you've actually paid the bill or payment is still pending. Most CC companies are quick to take the customers side, reverse the charge, and then work to resolve the issue with vendor when possible.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

Uh, I was exactly referring to the process of protesting a credit card charge because merchandise is not received. Yes, I know it works 100% of the time with no finance charges accruing. When the merchandise is received, the bill is paid. if it is not, the charge is removed. And as I said, that's what I was hoping to avoid. Apparently it has been.

Thanks for the lesson, which was insulting but I've come to expect that from you.

Last edited by Foosh; 11-05-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

I had followed up with Lenny yesterday.
He said some orders were boxed up and readied for shipment yesterday. The rest would be done today.

------------------------------------
Contrary to some commentary above about when is the appropriate time to charge someone's Credit Card, the answer depends on a number of factors.

If the product being ordered is an in-stock item, or a stock item that is typically carried in inventory but presently backordered, then yes, I agree that the buyers card should not be charged till the product is shipped.

That process is often handled differently when you are ordering custom-made parts - made just for you - that are not a stocking item. In these instances, the policy can change from mfg. to mfg., but it is quite customary for a mfg. of a custom part to charge your card BEFORE actually commencing the process of cutting/producing/making your custom part for you.
For custom order stuff, pre-pay for sure. Imagine making 20 spacers then trying to collect money. Good luck! I'm not a small business owner but can sympathize with risking thousands of dollars making products w/o commitment from customers. And it's not like we don't pre-pay all the time. Concert tickets, hotel rooms, airline tickets, food delivery.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Let me clarify, since misunderstanding of my comment is clearly running rampant. My card was charged immediately upon receipt of the order, but manufacturing did not start until a week or more after that.

I am totally OK with that as long as I receive the merchandise before the bill is due.

I completely agree that I should have been charged before manufacture.

I was simply suggesting that in order to avoid the possibility of people protesting charges in a delay situation, it would make more sense to charge close to the day of manufacture.

The point is now moot because shipping has apparently occurred, but prior to this morning, we had been told nothing about order status in more than a week.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Banned

Uh, I was exactly referring to the process of protesting a credit card charge because merchandise is not received. Yes, I know it works 100% of the time with no finance charges accruing. When the merchandise is received, the bill is paid. if it is not, the charge is removed. And as I said, that's what I was hoping to avoid. Apparently it has been.

Thanks for the lesson, which was insulting but I've come to expect that from you.
I'm not trying to incite a riot here, so please don't take offense, I'm simply trying to understand your position on use of a Credit Card... are you suggesting that if you place an order with someone like amazon close to the end of your billing cycle, and the product has not been received by you by the time your statement arrives, that you contact the Credit Card company and ask them to remove or suspend the charge from the prior billing cycle, UNTIL... it has been received and inspected by you?
Which I suppose then means you contact the Credit Card company a second time to approve the charge?

I am both a merchant who accepts all major Credit Cards, and a consumer who uses Credit Cards to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars each calendar year. Never heard of this before.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member

So, I look forward to receiving the spacers soon.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:42 PM

Seriously?
Here they are.

Attached Thumbnails Group discount: Custom Wheel Spacers/Adapters for F-Type @ 25% off-tmp_6670-20141104_2103551967220433.jpg  
Old 11-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

Here they are.
Ahhh beautiful. Although, i hope you're not considering that upholstery in the background for your jag!

Old 11-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Banned

Here they are.
Wait one second... those are mine!

Old 11-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

guys

since it was myself that asked the question about when these would be sent out I notice from all the debate on payment, cards etc I still didn't really get a response.
Sets are now being sent out so was wondering if Lenny could confirm who has been sent their set as I am a UK buyer so would like to know if they had been sent of if there is a tracking number

thanks

Quick Reply: Group discount: Custom Wheel Spacers/Adapters for F-Type @ 25% off