F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Growler grill badge color change

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
Thanks for the posts! Unfortunately got me thinking (which is dangerous and painful ). I have a Polaris White AWD R, and I previously replaced the front Growler (did not like the red on mine) with a Black one...Sooo, I took the red one and painted it white and used CanBus LEDs and soldered it up and drilled the eyes. Came up with this. Not as fancy as some of the ones on here and only the eyes light up white, but I am going to install with the DRL's switch, and if it looks bad, just peel off...add more 3M moulding adhesive and put the black one back on.

DC

I’LL TAKE ONE! Would you be interested in doing another one by chance?

Old 02-02-2020, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by KysXFR
I’LL TAKE ONE! Would you be interested in doing another one by chance?
Thanks. I am no automotive professional (other than financing auto franchises and prior ownership). There is a person up above that seems to be making them professionally and likey does a better job. Mine was just handmade and painted, and I just soldered the lights in the Growler space and used hot glue, etc.. Note I think they also sell some on eBay, and maybe Ali Express?

I would be worried that I may not match paint, or something like the light would fizzle or?? If I do end up having some time between my multiple endeavors, I will certainly try to make you one, and will PM you what the costs might be for parts etc.. Happy to help you out, just worried I could not meet a commitment.

I did get in installed this AM before church, and it came out pretty good. I took off the radiator cover and reached through the back side (I have long arms!....and barely could reach). I used one of my old shop's online references for the wiring diagram, and tapped in to the DRL power so it comes on with DRLs and tested that it does go off when the car goes to sleep (Purple/Green wire on the Headlight loom, if anyone is interested).

Pics below...I just finished

DC

PS.Here are the ones on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...r+led&_sacat=0

Could not find any on Ali currently.

Last edited by Therock88; 02-02-2020 at 11:24 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Therock88:
Itismejoshy (07-28-2022), KysXFR (02-02-2020), TexasTraveler (02-03-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Thanks. I am no automotive professional (other than financing auto franchises and prior ownership). There is a person up above that seems to be making them professionally and likey does a better job. Mine was just handmade and painted, and I just soldered the lights in the Growler space and used hot glue, etc.. Note I think they also sell some on eBay, and maybe Ali Express?

I would be worried that I may not match paint, or something like the light would fizzle or?? If I do end up having some time between my multiple endeavors, I will certainly try to make you one, and will PM you what the costs might be for parts etc.. Happy to help you out, just worried I could not meet a commitment.

I did get in installed this AM before church, and it came out pretty good. I took off the radiator cover and reached through the back side (I have long arms!....and barely could reach). I used one of my old shop's online references for the wiring diagram, and tapped in to the DRL power so it comes on with DRLs and tested that it does go off when the car goes to sleep (Purple/Green wire on the Headlight loom, if anyone is interested).

Pics below...I just finished

DC

Honestly, I’m totally fine w that & i’m willing to take the risk! Your R looks so nice! I love it. Came out so clean! I’m not really interested in a color matched piece, so that’s not a big deal. I have a black front growler now , but i’m trying to go to the Red one to match my blood red leather on the inside. Lmk through PM like you mentioned! Thanks man

Old 07-22-2022, 02:48 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Itismejoshy
yes its the 85mm and shoot me a PM if your interested in one i will put you on the list for the next batch.
hello. I would like to purchase one 9f these for my 2018 Jaguar XE are you still selling them and where can I purchase one

Old 07-22-2022, 02:55 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse
You consider selling them, is it 85mm growler, the eyes red is cool
if you are selling this color changing jaguar Emblem please let me know I would purchase one

Old 07-28-2022, 04:49 AM
Default I Need This

Hi,
I just purchased a blue on black f pace and I have been looking for a grill emblem with the blue back
ground. Can you make me one? With diamond eyes?

Old 02-06-2023, 12:38 PM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

anyone found a seller that has a white light badge?

Old 02-06-2023, 01:02 PM
Received 244 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by EliteZags
anyone found a seller that has a white light badge?
You can send these guys a note and see if they can make you a white one.

https://www.raymaxgear.com/collectio...le-badge-light

Old 02-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Received 303 Likes on 198 Posts
Default How to remove Growler..

Nice designs and great lighting.. how easy is it to get the Growler off? I tried doing some artistic work on my Golf's VW front emblem background, but it would not come off. I ended up inserting my paint brush through the VW to do the painting... description and photos most welcome!

Old 02-07-2023, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Valerie Stabenow
Nice designs and great lighting.. how easy is it to get the Growler off? I tried doing some artistic work on my Golf's VW front emblem background, but it would not come off. I ended up inserting my paint brush through the VW to do the painting... description and photos most welcome!
The front/grille growler badge comes off real easy it is held on with nothing but some fairly soft glue.
Just get a trim removal tool in behind the edge and gently lever away.
I took mine off years ago (to paint the kitty) and simply pushed it back on in place and it hasn't budged a micron since.

Old 02-08-2023, 10:47 PM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeIII
You can send these guys a note and see if they can make you a white one.

https://www.raymaxgear.com/collectio...le-badge-light

I did without expecting much but surprisingly actually got this response:

RAYMAX LUMINOUS GEAR We are now working on the 2nd generation LED emblem which have white led color
RAYMAX LUMINOUS GEAR It will be available in 2-3 weeks

though have to wonder why they neglected to make a universally street legal one in the first place

Old 09-19-2023, 04:26 PM

Hey @powerhouse - I know you posted this some time ago, but the badge looks really nice. How did you get the lettering black to come out so well? Did you spray it red first, the fill in the black with a brush, and wif\pen off the excess while wet?