F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT Wing now on my car

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 05:07 PM
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

I like it. It looks much better than the spoiler that lifts from the car and it looks better than the SVR spoiler. It seems like the standard spoiler was an after thought when the car was designed.

Old 09-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Thanks ...

Originally Posted by F12guy
I like it. It looks much better than the spoiler that lifts from the car and it looks better than the SVR spoiler. It seems like the standard spoiler was an after thought when the car was designed.
As I said, previously, when they designed this spoiler, they did it right because it's not a flat/straight wing but instead the GT Wing contours to the lines of the F Type. One could think it's an OEM Spoiler due to its shape. It's beautifully done.

Old 12-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine arrived from Piecha yesterday. Just dropped it off at a local shop to smoothen out the edges, imperfections and some minor shipping damage to the primed edges before it's painted. Will post what this looks like in IRR when it's done 😁

Im having them also cover up the little indentation where the domed piecha sticker goes. If it was all being painted black it would be fine but the black sticker against the red paint will look a bit silly.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:05 PM
Banned
Default You wont be disappointed ....

Originally Posted by klrgoten
Mine arrived from Piecha yesterday. Just dropped it off at a local shop to smoothen out the edges, imperfections and some minor shipping damage to the primed edges before it's painted. Will post what this looks like in IRR when it's done 😁

Im having them also cover up the little indentation where the domed piecha sticker goes. If it was all being painted black it would be fine but the black sticker against the red paint will look a bit silly.

I've gotten so many compliments on the wing. People just assume it's an OEM spoiler, part of the car.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

I like that someone is expressing their own individual style. F-type owners are very sterile and rigid when it comes to cosmetic changes.

How many people even go to aftermarket rims? Maybe one out of fifty? People are finding the resale is difficult on modded F-types though. On a Jag, buyers want OEM.

Eventually when these cars are $20k maybe we'll see more creativity - maybe Donks and 4x4s!!

Old 12-22-2016, 05:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
I like that someone is expressing their own individual style. F-type owners are very sterile and rigid when it comes to cosmetic changes.
Folks gravitating towards in-your-face styling are going to be leaning towards the C7 Vette. The refined simple lines of the F-Type just don't lend themselves to a lot of bolt-on doodads. For my own personal taste, the styling progression from the C4 (which I owned) to the C6 was excellent, and the C7 headed in a bad direction with all of the transformer styling cues. But as someone had mentioned, there appears to be an attempt to put the Vette styling in the same genre as the Italian super cars. Just not my cup of tea, but great for those that like that angular styling.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

I love it! Looks like OEM, very nice.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:10 AM
Banned
Default German product ....

Originally Posted by jfranks
I love it! Looks like OEM, very nice.
Tastefully done by PIECHA.
If it was anything else, I wouldn't have done it. It has a clean OEM look.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I've come around and think this looks really good.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:13 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I really don't want to go cutting the metal rods that raise/lower the spoiler though... Since I have about 5 days until my spoiler prepped & painted, I'm going to try to make a little harness that can enable/disable the spoiler at my discretion. Wouldn't want to buy a new motor assembly when I sell the car down the road.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:18 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default After market anything

Originally Posted by Ubad2

Hey guys,
I thought I'd share some pics of my latest mod, GT Wing. The wing is contoured to the rear trunk lines of the car, making the wing look like an OEM part to the car. It is made from super high quality/craftsmanship materials. The wing is made in Austria. I'm so please with the transformation of the car.

Jaguar spend hundreds of millions of pounds developing the cars. Brilliant engineers put thought and talent into every item, not just for looks but for practicality and SAFETY. I ordered my car and waited 4 months for delivery.
Its an XFRS and the spoiler made it look like a pimped out teenagers vehicle .
Im sure it was very efficient but it spoiled the aesthetics of the car in my mind.
Im sure at 300kph it works very well but if I'm caught at that speed i lose the car,
a massive fine above ten thousand dollars and probably some jail time for dangerous driving. So I don't drive as fast most of the time. The car is fully loaded to the brim, every option available, but I removed the spoiler for a very subtle "R" spoiler. The spoiler was $3500 but it was not about the money, it was about the looks. Salesman said I could save another $2600 more without the carbon fibre dash and I said NO ! load it up , everything else but not the pimped out spoiler. At the car show that year and the sales staff who know me all said my car looked better without the big spoiler.
To each his own but I want my car to look like a Jaguar not a kit car.

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (01-02-2017)
Old 12-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Banned
Default Speaking of kit cars .....

Originally Posted by TwoJagssandy
Jaguar spend hundreds of millions of pounds developing the cars. Brilliant engineers put thought and talent into every item, not just for looks but for practicality and SAFETY. I ordered my car and waited 4 months for delivery.
Its an XFRS and the spoiler made it look like a pimped out teenagers vehicle .
Im sure it was very efficient but it spoiled the aesthetics of the car in my mind.
Im sure at 300kph it works very well but if I'm caught at that speed i lose the car,
a massive fine above ten thousand dollars and probably some jail time for dangerous driving. So I don't drive as fast most of the time. The car is fully loaded to the brim, every option available, but I removed the spoiler for a very subtle "R" spoiler. The spoiler was $3500 but it was not about the money, it was about the looks. Salesman said I could save another $2600 more without the carbon fibre dash and I said NO ! load it up , everything else but not the pimped out spoiler. At the car show that year and the sales staff who know me all said my car looked better without the big spoiler.
To each his own but I want my car to look like a Jaguar not a kit car.

A few examples, my buddy just bought a 911 GT3. Another example of a kit car is the Jaguar XRKS GT sports car. And there are several other cars, I won't bother mentioning cause you get my point.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

A few examples, my buddy just bought a 911 GT3. Another example of a kit car is the Jaguar XRKS GT sports car. And there are several other cars, I won't bother mentioning cause you get my point.
Those are track-focused cars [especially the GT3 and GT3 RS]; not GT luxury cars.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Default Spoilers bigger than cars

Don't forget the Subaru guys. Ive seen some spoilers bigger than the cars. So much weight the suspension sags at the rear. Get my point.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TwoJagssandy
Don't forget the Subaru guys. Ive seen some spoilers bigger than the cars. So much weight the suspension sags at the rear. Get my point.
Yes, however, those Subarus are butt ugly to begin with. You can't do anything to them to make them look worse, so have at it. lol.

A bit more care needs to be taken with the F-Type.

Burt Gummer (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 06:51 PM
Banned
Default Depends on the car ....

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Yes, however, those Subarus are butt ugly to begin with. You can't do anything to them to make them look worse, so have at it. lol.

Honestly, if I did not have the R model, I would not do the wing spoiler. But the R series and SVR can pull it off.
Cheers

Old 12-22-2016, 07:06 PM

lol

Old 12-22-2016, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member

Honestly, if I did not have the R model, I would not do the wing spoiler. But the R series and SVR can pull it off.
Cheers
The Piecha spoiler is certainly a refined (aesthetic) improvement over the SVR spoiler, but I'm not quite clear how an S or SVR badge will affect how any spoiler looks on the F-Type.

jfranks (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 08:09 PM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

The Piecha spoiler is certainly a refined (aesthetic) improvement over the SVR spoiler, but I'm not quite clear how an S or SVR badge will affect how any spoiler looks on the F-Type.
There's a 500hp horsepower minimum to have a GT wing on your car and not look foolish. Obvi.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:33 PM
Banned
Default Bingo !

Originally Posted by jfranks
There's a 500hp horsepower minimum to have a GT wing on your car and not look foolish. Obvi.

You win a prize ...
You hit the nail on its head.

Quick Reply: GT Wing now on my car