Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:43 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
Yes we can celebrate your b'day by unloading my coupe. LOL
It's only a 9-10 hour drive from Brunswick GA to here. Will it have to stay in port several days?
Great news PD, I know you are getting excited now! My car arrives in Brunswick on 12/1 so I will be interested to see how long it takes you to receive the car after it reaches port. I have been told it goes to a distribution center after the port and then loaded on trailer's for delivery. My dealer is still telling me that their system indicates they will receive the car on 12/17 but I am thinking 12/7 seems to be more realistic.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
Great news PD, I know you are getting excited now! My car arrives in Brunswick on 12/1 so I will be interested to see how long it takes you to receive the car after it reaches port. I have been told it goes to a distribution center after the port and then loaded on trailer's for delivery. My dealer is still telling me that their system indicates they will receive the car on 12/17 but I am thinking 12/7 seems to be more realistic.
My ETA on the dealers Vista system is still 11/28, but I will know shortly. 😀😀

Old 11-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mine Is On The Elektra Also

I have a F Type S Coupe coming on apparently the same ship as yours. You can track the voyage progress on www.vesselfinder.com. The Elektra will be stopping in NY tomorrow (11-22) before proceeding to Brunswick. You can see photos of the Elektra on this site. My dealer gave me the vessel's name and this is the only Elektra leaving Southhampton to go to America that carries cars. The dealer also said that all recently produced F Types have gone through a recall that regards the sensor weight for the passenger side airbag. My car was supposed to be here in Tampa on Oct 31 and was apparently taken back to the factory from Southhampton to refit the new part, which caused a month's delay. (Or something like that.) There may be others reading this who have also been experiencing a delivery delay. Through vesselfinder.com, we will at least be able to confirm when the ship gets to Brunswick.

The following users liked this post:
DuhCar (11-21-2014)
Old 11-21-2014, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by jfo53
I have a F Type S Coupe coming on apparently the same ship as yours. You can track the voyage progress on www.vesselfinder.com. The Elektra will be stopping in NY tomorrow (11-22) before proceeding to Brunswick. You can see photos of the Elektra on this site. My dealer gave me the vessel's name and this is the only Elektra leaving Southhampton to go to America that carries cars. The dealer also said that all recently produced F Types have gone through a recall that regards the sensor weight for the passenger side airbag. My car was supposed to be here in Tampa on Oct 31 and was apparently taken back to the factory from Southhampton to refit the new part, which caused a month's delay. (Or something like that.) There may be others reading this who have also been experiencing a delivery delay. Through vesselfinder.com, we will at least be able to confirm when the ship gets to Brunswick.
Yes I've been tracking the Elektra on marinetraffic.com. I went to the W&W site a week before the Elektra was in Southampton and figured out from the arriving ships my coupe would most likely be on the Elektra. Thanks for the sensor info, interesting.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by jfo53
That may be the reason Stealth Pilots car was bumped from the ship at Southhampton and he is now on board my ship. But that makes we wonder why my car was not pulled for the repair.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:54 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

That may be the reason Stealth Pilots car was bumped from the ship at Southhampton and he is now on board my ship. But that makes we wonder why my car was not pulled for the repair.
Probably because your car arrived at port a couple of days before loading. Mine arrived just the day before so that may not have given them enough time to update it or prep for export.

BTW my estimated delivery date is the 12th.

Last edited by StealthPilot; 11-22-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Probably because your car arrived at port a couple of days before loading. Mine arrived just the day before so that may not have given them enough time to update it or prep for export.

BTW my estimated delivery date is the 12th.
My dealer is still showing a delivery date of 12/17 to them. Then a few more days before I receive it. I hope they are being conservative as the ship now arrives in Brunswick on 12/2 (a day later than predicted when they left Southhampton). So 15 days from port to dealer seems strange. I only live about 1.5 hours from Brunswick so maybe I can pick it up at the port

Old 11-23-2014, 12:00 PM

My coupe, that I have named Kitty Soft Paws (from PussnBoots movie), go ahead guys roll your eyes :-), is docked in the Hudson River. Getting closer!

Old 11-23-2014, 02:23 PM

My coupe, that I have named Kitty Soft Paws (from PussnBoots movie), go ahead guys roll your eyes :-), is docked in the Hudson River. Getting closer!
Not long now PD! My ship is somewhere mid-Atlantic (out of range since it passed the Azores 2 days ago) and headed for Baltimore. It then goes to Charleston and arrives in Brunswick 12/2.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:47 PM

Not long now PD! My ship is somewhere mid-Atlantic (out of range since it passed the Azores 2 days ago) and headed for Baltimore. It then goes to Charleston and arrives in Brunswick 12/2.
I think a few of us must be on Santa's Nice List judging by these December deliveries. 😀

Old 11-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Received 259 Likes on 149 Posts

My Coupe R landed in Halifax on 11/5 and still is no where to be found. Dealer said it was suppose to arrive the 21st, but never showed up.

Tomorrow I will be on the phone bugging them for any updates.

The rail company who transports the cars from the Autoport said "Port to Montreal terminal is 26 hours"

so if thats the case, why is it taking 2 1/2 weeks???

Old 11-24-2014, 03:22 PM

Well my car is now in a "PORT RECALL". Dealer called and said the reason they could not find my car is that it is being held at port.

My car was delivered to Halifax autoport on the 5th of November. and is no where to be found.

I am not a happy guy right now.

So instead of being able to drive my new car for a few weeks before having to store it for the winter. If and when it shows up, it will be delivered on a flat bed and stored until spring.

I am really not happy at all.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:01 PM

Dealer just called to tell me that my car is still at the port. So my car has been sitting at the port in Halifax for the past 3 weeks.

JLR says they will prioritize it now, and will provide me with a release date tomorrow.

So now it is guaranteed that I will not see my car until middle of December.

I could not be more #$%^&%$ off.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

Hey Dremorg 😎
So glad you still here! I was afraid when my coupe arrived all the guys that I hung out with when we all first ordered would be out driving around when mine final,y arrived. LOL
Yeah, still here...and we can still hang out when you get your baby. :-)

Old 11-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Bonjour Bonjour..... the cat has made it to Georgia

Now its non stop service to the Queen City and finally to her father aka The Big Cat!!!!

Old 11-26-2014, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by zach05855
Dealer just called to tell me that my car is still at the port. So my car has been sitting at the port in Halifax for the past 3 weeks.

JLR says they will prioritize it now, and will provide me with a release date tomorrow.

So now it is guaranteed that I will not see my car until middle of December.

I could not be more #$%^&%$ off.
Zach, I don't blame you and would be pretty flamed too. Hopefully, it gets worked out sooner.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by thebigcat
Bonjour Bonjour..... the cat has made it to Georgia

Georgia on My Mind( film)Jamie Foxx - YouTube

Now its non stop service to the Queen City and finally to her father aka The Big Cat!!!!
My car arrives in Brunswick, Georgia on 12/2 so will be interested to see how quickly your car gets to you.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Yeah, still here...and we can still hang out when you get your baby. :-)
Great! Won't be long now.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Default My "Ship Has Come In".

The Elektra is currently moored in Brunswick GA, so my CAT should be unloaded today!!

Stay Tuned

Old 11-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Congrats!

Quick Reply: Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧