F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

My coupe, whose name is Kitty Softpaws(from the movie PussnBoots) �� I know I'm such a girl ��, anyway she is in dealer prep now. The GM is having my window tint applied for me also. I can't pick her up Thursday or Friday (tax seminar) so Saturday is the day.
She was on the lot waiting to be taken to prep and a woman saw her and wanted to buy her. She did not understand when the GM told her no. ��
I can't believe I've waited 6 months for her and I still have to wait until Saturday.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Congratulations!!!!
Thx Dremorg! I know you are still lovin' your Stratus Gray R.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:30 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
My coupe, whose name is Kitty Softpaws(from the movie PussnBoots) �� I know I'm such a girl ��, anyway she is in dealer prep now. The GM is having my window tint applied for me also. I can't pick her up Thursday or Friday (tax seminar) so Saturday is the day.
She was on the lot waiting to be taken to prep and a woman saw her and wanted to buy her. She did not understand when the GM told her no. ��
I can't believe I've waited 6 months for her and I still have to wait until Saturday.
PD: what percent window tint are you having installed? Are you also considering a paint sealant or clear bra?

Old 12-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
PD: what percent window tint are you having installed? Are you also considering a paint sealant or clear bra?
@lovemonet Have you heard anything from your dealer?

I spoke with mine today but they didn't have any news on the delivery.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:58 PM

I want to see pics of Kitty Softpaws! Have you thought about a personalized plate?

Old 12-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Thumbs up

This is one highly anticipated Big Cat arrival...so happy for you,can't wait!

Old 12-03-2014, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
@lovemonet Have you heard anything from your dealer?

I spoke with mine today but they didn't have any news on the delivery.
No, very strange. PD's GM seemed to be aware of every step of her delivery.

I sent my dealer a copy of the discharge notice from W&W but the dealer has not received any notice and is still showing ETA 12/12 to them. If the car was off the ship last night, as the W&W website indicates, I will be somewhat concerned if it does not reach my dealer for 9 days. It is only a 3 hour drive from the port to my dealer.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:21 PM

I want to see pics of Kitty Softpaws! Have you thought about a personalized plate?
I will pick her up Saturday. I will def post pix!!
I do have a vanity plate, but it has my first name on it.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Generally speaking, car surface transport (truck or rail) companies rarely communicate with a dealer about when they've picked them up. If your car is off the ship and released, I'd be willing to bet it will arrive at the dealer by Friday, which is about a week early and seems to be common practice on JLR deliveries.

The following users liked this post:
Lovemonet (12-03-2014)
Old 12-03-2014, 06:32 PM

I sent my dealer a copy of the discharge notice from W&W but the dealer has not received any notice and is still showing ETA 12/12 to them. If the car was off the ship last night, as the W&W website indicates, I will be somewhat concerned if it does not reach my dealer for 9 days. It is only a 3 hour drive from the port to my dealer.
Actually I was tracking my coupe from the time it was loaded on the Elektra. I was keeping my GM informed on the process on that end. He was very good about keeping me informed prior to that point though.
My liner release was 11-25 and the discharge was 11-26 which was last Wednesday. It arrived at my dealer on Monday Dec 1st.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:34 PM

Im still deciding about the tint. No plans for sealant or bra.
Not sure if I will tint the windows.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
This is one highly anticipated Big Cat arrival...so happy for you,can't wait!
Thx buick! IM anxious to see her!!

Old 12-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Thx Dremorg! I know you are still lovin' your Stratus Gray R.
??? It's Polaris. Lol

Old 12-04-2014, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
??? It's Polaris. Lol
You got Polaris??? I was thinking you were in the group that got Stratus.
So sorry (.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:34 AM

Now any news?

One thing I find odd is that while the W&W tracking info says the car was discharged on Tuesday, I don't see any status saying it was "Released from" Brunswick. Normally that happens within 24 hours of being discharged.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:42 AM

Now any news?

One thing I find odd is that while the W&W tracking info says the car was discharged on Tuesday, I don't see any status saying it was "Released from" Brunswick. Normally that happens within 24 hours of being discharged.
Yes, I spoke to my dealer yesterday. They know it is at the port but told me it will not be released until they pay for it and as of 5 PM they had not received the invoice to pay. They told me they would let me know as soon as they do and then would have an idea when they would receive it.

This seems a strange process to me as I would assume the car would just be released and the dealer charged for for all cars entered once a month. Anyway, we are waiting for the invoice.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:11 AM

Yes, I spoke to my dealer yesterday. They know it is at the port but told me it will not be released until they pay for it and as of 5 PM they had not received the invoice to pay. They told me they would let me know as soon as they do and then would have an idea when they would receive it.

This seems a strange process to me as I would assume the car would just be released and the dealer charged for for all cars entered once a month. Anyway, we are waiting for the invoice.
Just talked to my dealer and he said same thing. Awaiting invoice.

I hope it is delivered before Thursday since I booked the clear-bra guy next Friday. It's hard to get on his calendar.

Last edited by StealthPilot; 12-05-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

My car spent 30 days from port to dealer but now I am away for 10 days so I will not receive my car until December 15th.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:05 PM

Just talked to my dealer and he said same thing. Awaiting invoice.

I hope it is delivered before Thursday since I booked the clear-bra guy next Friday. It's hard to get on his calendar.
I don't understand the process. PD2911's car arrived in Brunswick and was discharged last Wednesday and arrived at her dealer on Monday. Our car's were discharged Tuesday night but I see no way they will be at the dealer by Monday. My dealer told me today the dealer is invoiced when the car leaves the port and as of now no invoice so car still sitting at port and dealer does not know when it will leave port. If the dealer does not decide when it gets on a truck who does?

Old 12-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Went a whole heck of a lot smoother here on the left coast,car went from port to dealer in 5 days and in all my years in the carbiz,I never heard of the invoice needing to be paid before the vehicle is released...or that hanging up delivery...but maybe stuff has changed?

Quick Reply: Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧