F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I think a lot of the variability is due to the random nature of available trucking at any given time. The manufacturing and overseas shipping processes are much more precisely scheduled, but once it gets to the surface transport to dealer stage, things seem to get much more imprecise. That's also true with cars leaving U.S. plants. Ironically, the closer you are to a port may not play in your favor, since there's more money in long-haul transport.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
You got Polaris??? I was thinking you were in the group that got Stratus.
So sorry (.
Good luck with your delivery today. I'm looking forward to the pics.

The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (12-06-2014)
Old 12-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Good luck with your delivery today. I'm looking forward to the pics.
Are you concerned there is still no movement on our cars?

Old 12-06-2014, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
Yes it bothers me.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:01 AM

Yes it bothers me.
I wonder if it is a matter of cash flow at the dealer? If the car arrives before the dealer expected it and the dealer must pay for the car before it leaves the port then the dealer could hold the car at the port until they have the funds to pay for the car. I don't know any other explanation of why some cars, like PDs , arrive at the dealer 5 days after discharge from the ship and tomorrow will be 5 days for us and no movement.

I am not buying the theory that the hold up is truck availability. What bothers me most is that my dealer does not seem to care. They are still showing an ETA to them of 12/12 which is next Friday. What good did it do for the car to arrive more than a week early if it is going to sit at the port for 9-10 days and they know it is there and are doing nothing to move it.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:56 AM

I wonder if it is a matter of cash flow at the dealer? If the car arrives before the dealer expected it and the dealer must pay for the car before it leaves the port then the dealer could hold the car at the port until they have the funds to pay for the car. I don't know any other explanation of why some cars, like PDs , arrive at the dealer 5 days after discharge from the ship and tomorrow will be 5 days for us and no movement.

I am not buying the theory that the hold up is truck availability. What bothers me most is that my dealer does not seem to care. They are still showing an ETA to them of 12/12 which is next Friday. What good did it do for the car to arrive more than a week early if it is going to sit at the port for 9-10 days and they know it is there and are doing nothing to move it.
I don't think its a cash flow issue. My dealer, Hennessy, is too big for it to be a cash flow issue. Plus I have already offered to wire them the money in full once they give me the number. They are waiting for the invoice.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Not to make light of the situation you [all] are going through but all of us on the east coast are deeply concerned there is no movement on our cars. It's raining, heavily, on heavily snow-encrusted and ice-packed roads!

On a serious note, GOOD LUCK on your cars and do keep us in the loop.

Best regards,
RJ52

Old 12-06-2014, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Not to make light of the situation you [all] are going through but all of us on the east coast are deeply concerned there is no movement on our cars. It's raining, heavily, on heavily snow-encrusted and ice-packed roads!

Best regards,
RJ52
I did have to smile at your comment as it is a beautiful, sunny day here and currently 75 degrees with a high of 80.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member

I did have to smile at your comment as it is a beautiful, sunny day here and currently 75 degrees with a high of 80.
And your smile will widen - greatly - once you get behind the wheel of your new F-Type. I guarantee it! (Happy I can put a smile on your face Lovemonet. Claude would be pleased).

Best regards,
RJ52

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-06-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I don't think it's dealer cash flow. They all have open lines of credit with their banks that are used the way we use credit cards. The fact that both your and Stealth's dealers used the same explanation ("haven't received an invoice from JLR") is plausible.

It could be as simple as JLR NA being temporarily short-staffed in the invoicing department. It's also possible that both dealers aren't being very aggressive in trying to obtain their invoices.

I also had one late delivery of a Z06 blamed on "trucking availability" a few years ago. Who knows?

Nonetheless, if I were in your shoes I'd be frustrated too . . .

Old 12-06-2014, 10:18 AM

To be honest I don't care as long as it arrives by Thursday. I have already scheduled clearbra for Friday, and my policy is I don't drive the car until it's protected. So if I get it Monday it will just stay in garage till Thursday.

The problem is that if it doesn't arrive by Thursday then its going to really inconvenience me because it may be a couple of weeks before the clear bra guy is available again.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:28 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

I've been told some US-spec parts/options may be installed at the port. No idea how true that is.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:21 PM

Dealer has the invoice. Status is updated to in transit to the dealer. According to dealer they typically will receive the car in 1-2 days so Monday or Tuesday is likely delivery date. I haven't ordered any dealer options so I should be able to pick it up same day.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:59 PM

Dealer has the invoice. Status is updated to in transit to the dealer. According to dealer they typically will receive the car in 1-2 days so Monday or Tuesday is likely delivery date. I haven't ordered any dealer options so I should be able to pick it up same day.
Did your dealer contact you or did you just notice the status had changed? My status has not changed and I have not heard from dealer.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:05 PM

Did your dealer contact you or did you just notice the status had changed? My status has not changed and I have not heard from dealer.
Dealer contacted me and also emailed me the dealer invoice so I can wire them the money before pickup. High degree of transparency here.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Best regards,
RJ52
64 degrees here in Atlanta. And damp today which means I can enjoy a bit of wheel slippage without killing the tires.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:41 PM

To be honest I don't care as long as it arrives by Thursday. I have already scheduled clearbra for Friday, and my policy is I don't drive the car until it's protected. So if I get it Monday it will just stay in garage till Thursday.

The problem is that if it doesn't arrive by Thursday then its going to really inconvenience me because it may be a couple of weeks before the clear bra guy is available again.
I may have missed it previously but what film are you having applied? XPel? To what parts of the car?

Old 12-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member

I'm starting to think your dealer just doesn't like French Impressionism...

Keep calm and carry on...(and don't forget to smile)

Old 12-06-2014, 03:00 PM

I'm starting to think your dealer just doesn't like French Impressionism...

Keep calm and carry on...(and don't forget to smile)
Actually, I am beginning to think the same thing. My dealer just informed me the port office is closed today so it will be Monday before they receive the invoice (if then). However, Stealth's dealer appeared to receive his invoice today or maybe the dealer received it yesterday and just notified him today. However, he was on my boat so not sure why the invoices would not issue near the same time. I don't have a good feeling about my dealer.

Last edited by Lovemonet; 12-06-2014 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 12-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

Actually, I am beginning to think the same thing. My dealer just informed me the port office is closed today so it will be Monday before they receive the invoice (if then). However, Stealth's dealer appeared to receive his invoice today or maybe the dealer received it yesterday and just notified him today. However, he was on my boat so not sure why the invoices would not issue near the same time. I don't have a good feeling about my dealer.
Immediately inform him that henceforth your nom de plume is Lovepicasso - Surrealism...like waiting for your car. That or Loveklimt...like the Secess (sic) you will have once you get your car.

I have found many (some might say most) dealers and dealerships seriously lacking. [One of the reasons I always make sure the GM or Owner is personally involved...where possible; and even that might not do any good].

Good luck Loveklimt!

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-06-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧