F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
I may have missed it previously but what film are you having applied? XPel? To what parts of the car?
yes XPEL since it is white. Full front clip (hood, fenders, bumper) plus A pillars, rocker panels, rear bumper and door mirrors.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Follow Up - my car was unloaded from the ship last Tuesday. It is still at the port. Stealth's car was on the same ship and either arrives at dealer today or on its way. PD's car arrived at dealer 5 days after arriving at port. Dealer still says they are waiting on invoice??? So I called JLR. They were very nice but stated they show an ETA to dealer of this Friday! No one can tell me why my car is sitting at port and cannot be released. Depending on when the dealer receives it on Friday I may not be able to pick it up until Monday. One day short of 2 weeks after port arrival.

Needless to say my enthusiasm has considerably waned. When other cars are being released fairly quickly you start to wonder if something is wrong with your car that they are trying to fix

Old 12-08-2014, 01:00 PM

Follow Up - my car was unloaded from the ship last Tuesday. It is still at the port. Stealth's car was on the same ship and either arrives at dealer today or on its way. PD's car arrived at dealer 5 days after arriving at port. Dealer still says they are waiting on invoice??? So I called JLR. They were very nice but stated they show an ETA to dealer of this Friday! No one can tell me why my car is sitting at port and cannot be released. Depending on when the dealer receives it on Friday I may not be able to pick it up until Monday. One day short of 2 weeks after port arrival.

Needless to say my enthusiasm has considerably waned. When other cars are being released fairly quickly you start to wonder if something is wrong with your car that they are trying to fix
My sense is that its just the volume. They are pushing a lot of Jags through that port right now and it takes time to work through the list. Right now you are one business day behind me which is not significant. I don't know if my car is loaded either.

I would be very surprised if you don't get the car by friday at the latest.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
My sense is that its just the volume. They are pushing a lot of Jags through that port right now and it takes time to work through the list. Right now you are one business day behind me which is not significant. I don't know if my car is loaded either.

I would be very surprised if you don't get the car by friday at the latest.
Thanks but my dealer really does not expect to receive it until Friday so Saturday would be the earliest I would receive it but I have s feeling it may be Monday. Thought for sure your car would be at the dealer today or tomorrow.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:18 PM

Thanks but my dealer really does not expect to receive it until Friday so Saturday would be the earliest I would receive it but I have s feeling it may be Monday. Thought for sure your car would be at the dealer today or tomorrow.
seems like your dealer is clueless. The timing of the delivery should have nothing to do with the date in the system. It is about a sequence of events.

In your case the next step is invoice. Payment of invoice updates status to "called over for transport" and "In transit to dealer". Then arrival at dealer depends on schedule of truck company.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:20 PM

Check your status again with Wallenius. Mine changed to "delivered from" today which I am interpreting to be that its in the hands of the trucking company.

I am travelling to Dallas tomorrow afternoon, so I have agreed a pickup date of Thursday with my dealer.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Check your status again with Wallenius. Mine changed to "delivered from" today which I am interpreting to be that its in the hands of the trucking company.

I am travelling to Dallas tomorrow afternoon, so I have agreed a pickup date of Thursday with my dealer.
Stealth, safe travels, and I hope your delivery goes smoothly.

Lovemonet, I hope all this gets worked out quickly. I tend to agree that your dealer hasn't stepped up to the plate very well.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
Stealth, safe travels, and I hope your delivery goes smoothly. Lovemonet, I hope all this gets worked out quickly. I tend to agree that your dealer hasn't stepped up to the plate very well.
Thanks mate!

Old 12-08-2014, 08:51 PM

Yes, my status has changed to "delivered from". WooHoo! Interestingly, it states that the "delivered from" status occured on 12/3 (not today although it first appeared today) which was the day after the car arrived in port. Could "delivered from" mean delivery from factory to JLR US? My dealer still has not received invoice....

Old 12-08-2014, 08:56 PM

Stealth, safe travels, and I hope your delivery goes smoothly.

Lovemonet, I hope all this gets worked out quickly. I tend to agree that your dealer hasn't stepped up to the plate very well.
My dealer just took over the Jaguar dealership this year. They are also the Aston Martin dealer but think they are still figuring out the Jaguar side of things. I have barely heard from my sales person during the 4 months I have waited for the car and mostly have had to call the finance manager directly to get any information.

There is another Jaguar dealer about the same distance from me and I will probably take my car there for service after I receive it and see if they do a better job of customer service.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

My car spent 30 days in the Port. Complained to JLR they promised to get back to me the latest last Monday and still no word.

I guess they are trying to make up a good excuse. 3 weeks ago the excuse was the seat belt recall.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:40 AM

My dealer just took over the Jaguar dealership this year. They are also the Aston Martin dealer but think they are still figuring out the Jaguar side of things. I have barely heard from my sales person during the 4 months I have waited for the car and mostly have had to call the finance manager directly to get any information.

There is another Jaguar dealer about the same distance from me and I will probably take my car there for service after I receive it and see if they do a better job of customer service.
My car is now at the dealership. Picking it up at 1pm.

The following users liked this post:
undfeatable (12-09-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The song "The Final Countdown" comes to mind. You must be jumping up and down where ever you are.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by undfeatable
The song "The Final Countdown" comes to mind. You must be jumping up and down where ever you are.
Yep at the dealer. Just signed all the paperwork.

undfeatable (12-09-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 12:41 PM

I am on the truck! May get to dealer later today or tomorrow morning. Probably will pick up Thursday.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member

Whew . . . thank goodness. I wasn't sure you were going to survive this.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:17 PM

Whew . . . thank goodness. I wasn't sure you were going to survive this.
It's not over yet!

Old 12-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member

I completely understand and would be just like you, especially if I couldn't get a rational explanation.

That's one reason I no longer order cars. I have to find what I want on the lot and eyeball every inch of it.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:50 PM

Well I attempted to take delivery of my car today but they had an issue selling the car to my LLC because my LLC is registered in a different state to my license.

So I am hoping they can resolve this in the next 24 hours. It was bitterly disappointing not being able to drive the car off. This was after I signed the papers, did the delivery briefing, programmed the Bluetooth and navigation, applied the plate, etc. they seem to not understand basic transactional law.

There is a possibility I will have to walk away from the deal but hopefully that won't happen.

Attached Thumbnails Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧-image-1859125476.jpg   Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧-image-3870698004.jpg   Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧-image-1030009921.jpg  
Crovax (12-14-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Well I attempted to take delivery of my car today but they had an issue selling the car to my LLC because my LLC is registered in a different state to my license.

So I am hoping they can resolve this in the next 24 hours. It was bitterly disappointing not being able to drive the car off. This was after I signed the papers, did the delivery briefing, programmed the Bluetooth and navigation, applied the plate, etc. they seem to not understand basic transactional law.

There is a possibility I will have to walk away from the deal but hopefully that won't happen.
That's strange. Are you financing through them as well? I also have an LLC that is in a different state than my license as well. The car will be registered under the LLC and in that state. I have all my financing down outside of the dealership though, so I'm just giving them a check. I hope I don't have those same problems tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧