F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess Who's On The Boat - Finally!! 🇬🇧

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
That's strange. Are you financing through them as well? I also have an LLC that is in a different state than my license as well. The car will be registered under the LLC and in that state. I have all my financing down outside of the dealership though, so I'm just giving them a check. I hope I don't have those same problems tomorrow.
No financing at all. I wired them the money in full.

They seem to not understand the difference between the requirements of an LLC sale and a private sale.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Well I attempted to take delivery of my car today but they had an issue selling the car to my LLC because my LLC is registered in a different state to my license.

So I am hoping they can resolve this in the next 24 hours. It was bitterly disappointing not being able to drive the car off. This was after I signed the papers, did the delivery briefing, programmed the Bluetooth and navigation, applied the plate, etc. they seem to not understand basic transactional law.

There is a possibility I will have to walk away from the deal but hopefully that won't happen.
Beautiful, Stealth! Love the red interior with the white! Great choice!

Old 12-09-2014, 04:52 PM

That's strange. Are you financing through them as well? I also have an LLC that is in a different state than my license as well. The car will be registered under the LLC and in that state. I have all my financing down outside of the dealership though, so I'm just giving them a check. I hope I don't have those same problems tomorrow.
Well now I am buying the same car from another out of state dealership. Hope this doesn't take forever.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Well now I am buying the same car from another out of state dealership. Hope this doesn't take forever.
So you bailed on the first one?

Old 12-09-2014, 05:48 PM

So you bailed on the first one?
Not quite. They won't sell me the car I ordered, but they will transfer the car I ordered to another dealer who will sell it to me.

Very bizarre transaction. Only in America.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Not quite. They won't sell me the car I ordered, but they will transfer the car I ordered to another dealer who will sell it to me.

Oh wow, talk about going the long way round for a transaction. lol I hope it all works out for you and you get to take her home!

Old 12-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

The terrorists have won!! Good luck man!!!

Old 12-10-2014, 12:57 AM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

Why?!? (if that isn't a stupid question.)

Old 12-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Received 259 Likes on 149 Posts

this may be dealer incompetence. I had a similar issue with a car in Pennsylvania that I was buying for an employee based in Philly.

I am the signing officer for my company and the company which is based in Canada was purchasing a new car for a local employee.

The idiot at the dealership insisted that I had to appear before her to sign the documents. I informed her that I lived 2000 miles away and it was impossible for me to be in front of her when the sales agreement was signed. I said just courier the documents and I would return them signed the next day. She refused and insisted that I had to be in front of her when signing.

I explained how unreasonable that was, but to no avail. I competed the transaction with another dealer a few miles down the road without issue the next day.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by zach05855
this may be dealer incompetence. I had a similar issue with a car in Pennsylvania that I was buying for an employee based in Philly. I am the signing officer for my company and the company which is based in Canada was purchasing a new car for a local employee. The idiot at the dealership insisted that I had to appear before her to sign the documents. I informed her that I lived 2000 miles away and it was impossible for me to be in front of her when the sales agreement was signed. I said just courier the documents and I would return them signed the next day. She refused and insisted that I had to be in front of her when signing. I explained how unreasonable that was, but to no avail. I competed the transaction with another dealer a few miles down the road without issue the next day.
Completely agree. That's exactly what it is.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by zach05855
this may be dealer incompetence. I had a similar issue with a car in Pennsylvania that I was buying for an employee based in Philly. I am the signing officer for my company and the company which is based in Canada was purchasing a new car for a local employee. The idiot at the dealership insisted that I had to appear before her to sign the documents. I informed her that I lived 2000 miles away and it was impossible for me to be in front of her when the sales agreement was signed. I said just courier the documents and I would return them signed the next day. She refused and insisted that I had to be in front of her when signing. I explained how unreasonable that was, but to no avail. I competed the transaction with another dealer a few miles down the road without issue the next day.
Completely agree. The issue is a misunderstanding of the legal requirements relating to the relevant tax jurisdiction.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
Whew . . . thank goodness. I wasn't sure you were going to survive this.
Still on truck...somewhere...maybe still at port...dealer does not know...

I was told yesterday my car was loaded on the truck at 3:00pm Monday. Still not at dealer. Dealer told me this morning the truck will not move until it is full (9 cars). Then it has to make several deliveries. Finally, the driver can only operate the truck for a maximum of 8 hours.

I guess I would be buying all of this except Stealth's car was on my ship and already at dealer. My dealer is only 3 hours from the port not not sure I'm buying any of this other than having to fill the truck. Also, I thought vehicles already designated for a customer took priority over vehicles just for dealer stock? That does not seem to be the case....

Old 12-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
Still on truck...somewhere...maybe still at port...dealer does not know... I was told yesterday my car was loaded on the truck at 3:00pm Monday. Still not at dealer. Dealer told me this morning the truck will not move until it is full (9 cars). Then it has to make several deliveries. Finally, the driver can only operate the truck for a maximum of 8 hours. I guess I would be buying all of this except Stealth's car was on my ship and already at dealer. My dealer is only 3 hours from the port not not sure I'm buying any of this other than having to fill the truck. Also, I thought vehicles already designated for a customer took priority over vehicles just for dealer stock? That does not seem to be the case....
Bizarre story. But seriously just relax. You and I will enjoy our cars this weekend in any scenario. You will probably find it at dealership tomorrow morning at the latest is my guess.

Last edited by StealthPilot; 12-10-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:36 AM

Car is at the dealer! Will pick up tomorrow morning. Pics to follow.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

That's great news! I'm looking forward to the pictures.

You see, you made it!

The following users liked this post:
Lovemonet (12-11-2014)
Old 12-11-2014, 01:34 PM

Great.

On my end I have now taken delivery of my car.

The dealer transferred the allocation to an out of state dealer who sold me the car under the same terms of my original deal with the first dealer. The car has been trucked to my clear bra shop where I just took delivery.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Great. Glad you got it all worked out.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Great news! Looking toward to the pix!