F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy ending…

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2024, 11:44 PM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Happy ending…

Not that kind!…finally got the car lowered. VAP 15mm spacers with H&R springs- super pleased with the outcome- it’s a”deep” drop but I love it…. Some before & after pics….

The following 3 users liked this post by Rat Fink65:
djyankees31 (09-29-2024), DMeister (09-29-2024), OzXFR (09-29-2024)
Old 09-29-2024, 03:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,266 Likes on 2,410 Posts

So did the VAP spacers fit with the nuts fully recessed or sticking out into the voids in the backs of the wheels?

The following users liked this post:
Rat Fink65 (09-29-2024)
Old 09-29-2024, 07:19 AM
Received 189 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat Fink65
Not that kind!…finally got the car lowered. VAP 15mm spacers with H&R springs- super pleased with the outcome- it’s a”deep” drop but I love it…. Some before & after pics….

Looks incredible man! You've done something that I would love to do, but wouldn't dare on account of Canadian roads, and other practical reasons. If I lived in California or Florida or something no doubt. It does look good though. My bud has his Aston Martin quite low and he drags everywhere. It's just not worth it to me if that is the outcome. But hot damn, it does look great.

Cheers

Rat Fink65 (09-29-2024)
Old 09-29-2024, 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=OzXFR;2789480]So did the VAP spacers fit with the nuts fully recessed or sticking out into the voids in the backs of the wheels?[/QUOTE

Shop said it needed “a whisker” grinded off but no cutting… to be honest it was so late and I was so tired from waiting for 6 hours that whatever he said went out both ears…I was admiring the look of the drop job and said “ take my credit card”…and then I was outta there to catch a 2 hour ferry ride home

Old 09-29-2024, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by DMeister
Looks incredible man! You've done something that I would love to do, but wouldn't dare on account of Canadian roads, and other practical reasons. If I lived in California or Florida or something no doubt. It does look good though. My bud has his Aston Martin quite low and he drags everywhere. It's just not worth it to me if that is the outcome. But hot damn, it does look great.

Cheers
I live in BC, Vancouver Island!… roads over here decent- I drove it from Richmond where the work was done to West Vancouver to catch the ferry- many different roads- no issues…nice stiff ride…scraped once getting on ferry but was my fault…rest of the journey home no sweat…

Old 09-29-2024, 11:41 AM
Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

I live in BC, Vancouver Island!… roads over here decent- I drove it from Richmond where the work was done to West Vancouver to catch the ferry- many different roads- no issues…nice stiff ride…scraped once getting on ferry but was my fault…rest of the journey home no sweat…
It is a stiff ride, but it seems correct. The benefits, visually and in handling, far outweigh the bumps. And I scrape here and there, but again, that's the price you pay, just like it is for everything you compromise when you have a car like this. It would be nice to have a bigger trunk and it would be great if it got 35mpg and had better rear visibility and so on and so on and so on... . Although life is generally about finding balance, a car like this should be everything you imagined. Don't wait until you get rid of it to conceive of what that could be.

Enjoy!!

Rat Fink65 (09-29-2024)
Old 09-29-2024, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by synthesis
It is a stiff ride, but it seems correct. The benefits, visually and in handling, far outweigh the bumps. And I scrape here and there, but again, that's the price you pay, just like it is for everything you compromise when you have a car like this. It would be nice to have a bigger trunk and it would be great if it got 35mpg and had better rear visibility and so on and so on and so on... . Although life is generally about finding balance, a car like this should be everything you imagined. Don't wait until you get rid of it to conceive of what that could be.

Enjoy!!
Agree 100%

…a few scrapes here n there won’t kill me👍👌

The following 2 users liked this post by Rat Fink65:
bcbruno (Yesterday), Thunder Dump (09-29-2024)
Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you describe the improved handling? Less roll? Steering feel? I've got a 2015 V8R coupe so hydraulic steering but I'm definitely interested in anything I can do to further improve handling, also love the look.

Rat Fink65 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by jjslat
Can you describe the improved handling? Less roll? Steering feel? I've got a 2015 V8R coupe so hydraulic steering but I'm definitely interested in anything I can do to further improve handling, also love the look.
To be 100 honest… it feels a bit stiffer- but to me rides pretty much the same as before
I did it mainly for the look!

Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

To be 100 honest… it feels a bit stiffer- but to me rides pretty much the same as before
I did it mainly for the look!
It made an enormous difference for me. Did you have your car realigned after the lowering? If not, you need to have this done as the geometry has changed. The sensation of body roll is almost completely gone from my car which allows much quicker, more comfortable cornering. Otherwise, I really don't drive that fast anymore, but I like a tight, flat handling car.

Rat Fink65 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM

It made an enormous difference for me. Did you have your car realigned after the lowering? If not, you need to have this done as the geometry has changed. The sensation of body roll is almost completely gone from my car which allows much quicker, more comfortable cornering. Otherwise, I really don't drive that fast anymore, but I like a tight, flat handling car.
I have an alignment scheduled for next week. The shop said drive it around for a little while and then get it in for an alignment. I do recognize that it is stiff right now although I have not driven it the areas that I normally would like to drive it a bit harder to test it so far.

Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM

I have an alignment scheduled for next week. The shop said drive it around for a little while and then get it in for an alignment. I do recognize that it is stiff right now although I have not driven it the areas that I normally would like to drive it a bit harder to test it so far.
Good advice. My shop did the same. The new springs are more robust, so the stiffness isn't going away. And less travel = better handling. When you push the limits, there's always going to be compromise. Personally, the trade off is well worth it, but then again, it's not the first lowered car I've had, so I knew what to expect. I bet that after your alignment, you will notice a difference. My car literally feels like it's on rails.

Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM

Good advice. My shop did the same. The new springs are more robust, so the stiffness isn't going away. And less travel = better handling. When you push the limits, there's always going to be compromise. Personally, the trade off is well worth it, but then again, it's not the first lowered car I've had, so I knew what to expect. I bet that after your alignment, you will notice a difference. My car literally feels like it's on rails.
I absolutely recognize that it’s stiffer right now
But to be honest, I was absolutely shattered on the way home and was more focussed on catching my ferry
I’ve had a few cars lowered in my past and appreciate the stiff ride and the looks
I could not be happier with the way these H&R springs look and so far feel