F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard carry-on luggage and F-type convertible trunk

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 08:25 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bcbruno
I have this ones that I still use on the coupe, the small fits perfectly for the car stuff (OBD, VAP, OIL etc):

Acceptable quality, cheap look and a bit weird to carry, principally at hotel check-ins... Was the only set at the time I found in full leather and with the all trunk volume usage.

LINK

Traded mostly because was "only" a Base trim, trunk annoyed me sometimes so I almost went back to Porsche if I hadn't found this R version I have now. The glass roof compensates a little but convertible is still my preference, makes more sense on a two seater.
Thank you for the reply. That’s the same company and looks like the same set. The Roadster Bag set for convertible is supposed to be different.

The following users liked this post:
bcbruno (04-14-2022)
Old 04-21-2022, 08:35 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bjg625
I have the Jag fitted luggage, which is soft. If carefully packed they work quite well for a long weekend or better if less formal longer trip.
Do you mean the Jaguar F-Type luggage accessories set? Does the OEM Jaguar F-Type luggage set fit the convertible as well? Thnx.

Old 04-21-2022, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Hey OP: The precise "bigger carry on" from away is what I have. It's relatively tight, but that single suitcase fits in my vert trunk. So you're good to go. Almost nothing else will fit, and if stuff is in the trunk or it's not situated perfectly, you'll see the trunk not fully closed, but perfectly placed it fits perfectly, with no issues. My other carry on backpack then sit in the passenger seat.

Also, I had the black and red OEM luggage set (ruined in storage by a broken pipe). The garment bag is pretty amazing. And you can pack it full and smoosh it into the forward part of the boot.
But if you are using all of it, the med/dob kit is fine, the laptop briefcase is pretty useless, and the two main bag components start failing / fraying after one or two big road trips as you really have to jam them in there if they're packed tight and full. I had anxiety in knowing I would have to take time to pack from destination to destination. LOL

I'm still looking for the perfect set, and the Glad bags are groovy but not for nice hotel stays! LOL

I've started venturing into travel / packing cubes. They seem like the way to go.

ToysARs (04-22-2022)
Old 04-22-2022, 11:21 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Hey OP: The precise "bigger carry on" from away is what I have. It's relatively tight, but that single suitcase fits in my vert trunk. So you're good to go. Almost nothing else will fit, and if stuff is in the trunk or it's not situated perfectly, you'll see the trunk not fully closed, but perfectly placed it fits perfectly, with no issues. My other carry on backpack then sit in the passenger seat.

Also, I had the black and red OEM luggage set (ruined in storage by a broken pipe). The garment bag is pretty amazing. And you can pack it full and smoosh it into the forward part of the boot.
But if you are using all of it, the med/dob kit is fine, the laptop briefcase is pretty useless, and the two main bag components start failing / fraying after one or two big road trips as you really have to jam them in there if they're packed tight and full. I had anxiety in knowing I would have to take time to pack from destination to destination. LOL

I'm still looking for the perfect set, and the Glad bags are groovy but not for nice hotel stays! LOL

I've started venturing into travel / packing cubes. They seem like the way to go.
Thank you so much for confirming! I wish the trunk was slightly larger but at least it is good to know I can drive myself to the airport with the bigger away carry-on

Old 04-26-2022, 05:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

The Jag luggage came out when the vert was the only model and is designed for it .It goes in one way to fit all pieces. It would just need to be put in the the coupe any way you want to.

Old 01-21-2024, 06:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pro-Line Travel Bags or Roadsterbag?

I'm looking to luggage for my 2017 F-Type SVR Convertible to maximize the very limited luggage space. From what I've been able to find, there seems to be a couple of bespoke luggage sets available. One is the 3 piece Pro-Line that I found at Cabriosupply.com (more dufflebag style and the large one has wheels which might be handy) for $416 USD. The other is the Roadsterbag set comprising 4 "leather" bags for $879 USD. Double the cost and they look a little odd in shape but might provide the maximum luggage space.
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with either and how you rate them? One thing that is skinny for both is reviews!
Third option is to hunt down individual bags with the right dimensions or simply fill the trunk/boot with packing cubes and have a large soft dufflebag to shove them all in when arriving at the destination!!
Any thoughts, comments, information or advice is much appreciated!

Old 01-21-2024, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 579 Likes on 397 Posts

hunt down individual bags with the right dimensions
POST 7!!!!!

My wife fitted a CASE of wine one summer on a vacation to the NY wine country in the Finger Lakes.
Just the bottles, not the boxes they came in!

Old 01-21-2024, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
POST 7!!!!!

My wife fitted a CASE of wine one summer on a vacation to the NY wine country in the Finger Lakes.
Just the bottles, not the boxes they came in!
@Carbuff2 now you've opened a whole new can of worms for me! Here I was worrying about how to fit half my wife's walk-in closet in the car and completely overlooked the need for the wine 🍷🥂!!

Carbuff2 (01-22-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 01:13 PM
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry I can't be of help with the luggage question but I can definitively say that you can easily fit two 1/6 logs of beer in the trunk of a convertible F-type.

Carbuff2 (01-27-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by jpl500
Sorry I can't be of help with the luggage question but I can definitively say that you can easily fit two 1/6 logs of beer in the trunk of a convertible F-type.

That's excellent to know and I see there is enough room for the beer tap and a couple of pint glasses too!! I wouldn't want to overload the space but could see maybe one bottle of wine for the misses too! 🥂🍻🤣

Old 01-27-2024, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 589 Likes on 402 Posts

If you can still find it, there is a custom 5-piece set of luggage for the F-Type, including a 24" suitcase, 20" suitcase, briefcase, garment bag and wash bag. The bags, themselves are nylon with leather trim. The set is fine for the car, but I'm not sure it would hold up well for air travel. They all fit (with care) into a 'vert trunk, but you wouldn't want to over-pack the bags, and the garment bag is quite thin in size. My dear wife got it for me shortly after I bought the car, so I've been using it almost 10 years.
As I recall, it was about $500.

Old 01-27-2024, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by uncheel
If you can still find it, there is a custom 5-piece set of luggage for the F-Type, including a 24" suitcase, 20" suitcase, briefcase, garment bag and wash bag. The bags, themselves are nylon with leather trim. The set is fine for the car, but I'm not sure it would hold up well for air travel. They all fit (with care) into a 'vert trunk, but you wouldn't want to over-pack the bags, and the garment bag is quite thin in size. My dear wife got it for me shortly after I bought the car, so I've been using it almost 10 years.
As I recall, it was about $500.

@uncheel Thank you. In my scouring of the internet this is not a set I have come across yet but will look further. I like the wheelie bag option this has! Do you know is this is a genuine Jaguar item or from a 3rd party seller using Jaguar badging?

Updating my initial reply!
As easy as that I manage to find the set:
https://shop.jaguar.com/f-type-5-piece-luggage-set
Much appreciated!

Last edited by Thunder4219; 01-27-2024 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-27-2024, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 589 Likes on 402 Posts

I found it at JaguarUSA for $619. Previously, it would show up on e-Bay for less, but I didn't immediately see any at the moment.

F-Type Luggage

Old 01-27-2024, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

I bought from a south east dealer for about $500 plus ship back in '15!