F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone purchased any of the "Service and protection plans"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 10:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Has anyone purchased any of the "Service and protection plans"?

Dealership is offering me these "plans" I immediately shrugged them off as scammy, just wondering if anyone's ever purchased these and used them?

Old 04-21-2021, 01:56 PM
Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

IMHO, any sales that are offered in the finance office are NOT worth it, unless it's the factory extended (or CPO) warranty.

The following users liked this post:
Aesthete (02-19-2023)
Old 04-21-2021, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 606 Likes on 410 Posts

You'll find some on the forum who are in favor of extended warranties, and others fundamentally against. We all know that these things are HIGHLY profitable to the dealer - meaning that the expected value to you as a consumer is only a fraction of the cost - probably less than half, so on par with a lottery ticket. But, if you're unlucky enough, you could still come out ahead. Unless you can't afford to "self-insure," it's really a piece of mind question. Some just feel more comfortable having that protective layer. I doubt that the unnegotiated price from your friendly local JLR dealer is the best deal in town, but at least you'd figure it's solid program. (Some of the warranty companies are very skilled at finding ways to not pay a claim - and that's not what a piece of mind product is about.) If nothing else, negotiate aggressively with your dealer (and welcome to the club).

Old 04-22-2021, 03:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uncheel
You'll find some on the forum who are in favor of extended warranties, and others fundamentally against. We all know that these things are HIGHLY profitable to the dealer - meaning that the expected value to you as a consumer is only a fraction of the cost - probably less than half, so on par with a lottery ticket. But, if you're unlucky enough, you could still come out ahead. Unless you can't afford to "self-insure," it's really a piece of mind question. Some just feel more comfortable having that protective layer. I doubt that the unnegotiated price from your friendly local JLR dealer is the best deal in town, but at least you'd figure it's solid program. (Some of the warranty companies are very skilled at finding ways to not pay a claim - and that's not what a piece of mind product is about.) If nothing else, negotiate aggressively with your dealer (and welcome to the club).
I'm on the side of in favor of extended warranties/cpo. The 3 things I've brought my F-type in for repairs on parts alone (dealer price/brand new oem parts) have already hit $5,000 and thats just parts alone without labor. (I can only speak on my experience, which in this case has been a lifesaver for me) I have a small deductible which I pay and I am fine paying this.

If you think it will give you peace of mind go for it, for me it worked out.

Last edited by ajphoto; 04-22-2021 at 03:43 AM.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i got the tire/wheel/dent, its usually not worth it, esp i kno i was going to put full ppf on, but i figured the car was 100k+, what's another 1200

Old 04-22-2021, 07:59 AM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

The ceramic coating at $1295 doesn't seem like a bad deal when it shows it is also coating the wheels. That is IF it is done by a quality place. A local high end shop here is about $1500 for that service or maybe a bit more. I did buy an extended warranty which I am NEVER a fan of but considering Jaguar's reputation I decided to buy one. My cousin is the sales manager at the dealer I got mine from and got me a 0 deductible 4 year plan for around $2400 so I took the gamble. I can look up the company name but have yet to use it.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:35 AM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Default WARRANTIES and POWER UPGRADE QUESTION

In your research, do any/all warrantee vendors offer coverage for vehicles with "Power and ECU Tune" upgrades? Are some policies "negotiable" on that aspect?
Thanks in advance, Sir

Old 04-22-2021, 10:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparky H
In your research, do any/all warrantee vendors offer coverage for vehicles with "Power and ECU Tune" upgrades? Are some policies "negotiable" on that aspect?
Thanks in advance, Sir

Yes, in all my research I have found that it does in fact void your warranty.

Old 04-22-2021, 11:32 AM
Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Only one I'm interested in is the $216 key replacement.
Just get One key replaced, or additional, will be worth it.
My wife lost a Mercedes key, & dealer wants over $700 for replacement. So even with a $300 coupon, it was still expensive...

Old 02-21-2023, 05:50 AM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I would not elect to add on any of those "options".

After the purchase, I would suggest you have the front-end of the vehicle PPF'd by the local shop of your choice.