F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone tried All Seasons on the F-Type R RWD?"

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 03:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Has anyone tried All Seasons on the F-Type R RWD?"

Summer is coming up and I need new tires but I'm curious about anyone's experience on all seasons for the RWD model.

I live in Chicago so I will need winter tires but I am curious if anyone has attempted to drive in all season tires.

Old 05-16-2022, 05:02 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

I haven't specifically used them on the F-Type, but I have on a similar car (C7 Corvette). Works well in the cold although clearance and the width of the tires still limit the effectiveness in real snow. In warmer weather, it isn't the same as having proper summer max-performance tires. I just used the all-weather in the winter and swapped to summer for the good weather. Not a big deal because I was doing enough on-track that the summer tires were not lasting very long and I had to keep changing them anyway.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
I haven't specifically used them on the F-Type, but I have on a similar car (C7 Corvette). Works well in the cold although clearance and the width of the tires still limit the effectiveness in real snow. In warmer weather, it isn't the same as having proper summer max-performance tires. I just used the all-weather in the winter and swapped to summer for the good weather. Not a big deal because I was doing enough on-track that the summer tires were not lasting very long and I had to keep changing them anyway.
Is it RWD? That was part of my concern for the A/S tires.

Old 05-17-2022, 05:56 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Yes, the C7 is RWD.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:17 AM
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

I have all season tires and you can feel the difference in grip. It's not so bad that you'll lose control, but it also doesn't accelerate as well as performance tires. Considering this is a performance car, I probably won't get them again. Plus I don't drive it in the rain as much as I used to when it was my daily.

Old 05-25-2022, 05:56 PM
Received 312 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Continental DWS for me here in Wisconsin

I have had 3 cars that had 'summer only' tires on them... a 2015 Corvette, a 2018 Corvette and the MY2017 F-Type. All three are RWD. Still can't figure out why Chevrolet offers a gazillion WHEEL options when you order a Corvette, but only sticks the summer only tires on them,, even on cars that are sold in midwest US climates like ours here in Wisconsin. The 2017 F that I bought in 2020 already had summer onlys on it, and it needed new tires. After I saw a video of an F with summer onlys sliding across a sloped and iced-over parking lot, I knew I had to get them replaced.

I've had good experience with Continentals and so I put the Continental Extreme Contact DWS (Dry, Wet, Snow) all seasons on the F. The Corvettes had Michelin Pilot Sport RunFlats, so I just got the same RunFlats in the All season version. The Continentals on the F have not disappointed. I wasn't too keen on driving the F in the snow, but the tires were impressive going through a horrendous downpour outside of Milwaukee last fall on the Interstate. The Continentals have a wear bar system on them and are advertised to have extended tread wear and to be "ultra-high performance". I don't track these cars, so I'm assuming that there are better tire choices for that purpose. I got a competitive (Tire Rack) price for the tires from my JLR dealer and also opted to have them do the Road Force balancing. Since I bought all 4 tires, future rotating and balancing are included. The Fs Continentals are great road tires and respond excellently to spirited driving.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Another vote for the DWS06-plus from Continental