Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight adjustment for Europe

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight adjustment for Europe

HI
First continental trip a few days away now.
What is the score with regards adjusting the headlights -or fitting beam deflectors for driving on the continent?
I am aware some cars have a flat light pattern and the manufacturer states no correction needed.
Model is a V6S coupe - (if that matters)

Many thanks
Paul

Old 06-15-2016, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulV6S
HI
First continental trip a few days away now.
What is the score with regards adjusting the headlights -or fitting beam deflectors for driving on the continent?
I am aware some cars have a flat light pattern and the manufacturer states no correction needed.
Model is a V6S coupe - (if that matters)

Many thanks
Paul

Hitting the "menu" button on the steering wheel and scrolling up or down gives you access to a number of setting and info screens for programming your car. Somewhere in there you have the ability to select "driving on left side of road" vs. right side of road. This will adjust the lights. This might only be available if you have the adaptive light option.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:05 AM
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Default lights

dont think any adjustment is needed according to my handbook

Old 06-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

No adjustment is needed as it is flat beam, the setting Unhinged mentioned is for the adaptive high beam (option) and sets what side of the road it looks at for oncoming traffic. If i remember correctly.

I had to have my car tested for driving in germany and i had to make no adjustment from coming from the UK

The following 3 users liked this post by Adz3000:
PaulV6S (06-21-2016), SinF (06-17-2016), Unhingd (06-17-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Adz3000
No adjustment is needed as it is flat beam, the setting Unhinged mentioned is for the adaptive high beam (option) and sets what side of the road it looks at for oncoming traffic.
This is what manual states.

Speaking of active high beam. I yet to use that option as I rarely drive at night. How well does it work?

Old 06-17-2016, 02:27 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
This is what manual states.

Speaking of active high beam. I yet to use that option as I rarely drive at night. How well does it work?
I also rarely drive at night but i do find it is effective i'd say at least %95 of the time.

It will switch on your high beam quickly when there is no light sources ahead of you but i have found that some times it is a little slow switching it off for oncoming traffic.

For the price of the option i'd like to think it's a set and forget feature, but as i said i haven't had a huge amount of time with it yet so im not quite sure.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Adz3000
I also rarely drive at night but i do find it is effective i'd say at least %95 of the time.

It will switch on your high beam quickly when there is no light sources ahead of you but i have found that some times it is a little slow switching it off for oncoming traffic.

For the price of the option i'd like to think it's a set and forget feature, but as i said i haven't had a huge amount of time with it yet so im not quite sure.
i leave both the auto high beam and auto wipers on all the time. Works extremely well.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
i leave both the auto high beam and auto wipers on all the time. Works extremely well.
+1. I have both as well permanently as well. They work great. I'd like it even better if the beam activated at a slightly lower speed setting below 30mph. Not that I really ever go that slow, just sayin.

Old 06-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
+1 too