F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from NorCal

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Hello from NorCal

Hello, new to the forum and Jaguar. I picked up my F-Type V8 S, Firesand Orange and Black roadster two weeks ago. I LOVE driving this thing and looking forward to spending lots of time in it.
No problems with the car so far, but having the clear bra replaced this week. I don't know how they could have messed the install up so bad.

Wayne

The following users liked this post:
SkipM (08-20-2013)
Old 08-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by WayneB
Hello, new to the forum and Jaguar. I picked up my F-Type V8 S, Firesand Orange and Black roadster two weeks ago. I LOVE driving this thing and looking forward to spending lots of time in it.
No problems with the car so far, but having the clear bra replaced this week. I don't know how they could have messed the install up so bad.

Wayne
Welcome Wayne and wish you happy motoring in a gorgeous Firesand Orange V8 S. Impressive machinery, to say the least.

Do you mind sharing which dealership you got the car from? Who messed up the bra install? I have made multiple purchases from both the SF British Motors and from San Jose British Motors. Found both to be good people to deal with.

Albert

Old 08-17-2013, 06:46 PM
GGG
Received 16,857 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Wayne,

Congratulations on the F-Type. I hope the clear bra install works out OK at the second attempt.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST section and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 AM

Thank You Graham and Albert,
I bought the car at Livermore Jaguar. Very convenient since I work in Livermore. The dealership has been great to work with, although I have actually had very little interaction with them, time will tell. The clear bra was put on by KarToonz in Pleasanton. From their web site they work on a lot of high end cars. So I don't know how they could let something that bad go out the door. The dealer says they will make it right one way or the other, so I hope the second install goes good, I would rather have no clear bra as opposed to what's on there now.

Wayne

axr6 (08-18-2013)
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by WayneB
Thank You Graham and Albert,
I bought the car at Livermore Jaguar. Very convenient since I work in Livermore. The dealership has been great to work with, although I have actually had very little interaction with them, time will tell. The clear bra was put on by KarToonz in Pleasanton. From their web site they work on a lot of high end cars. So I don't know how they could let something that bad go out the door. The dealer says they will make it right one way or the other, so I hope the second install goes good, I would rather have no clear bra as opposed to what's on there now.

Wayne
Wayne

Thanks for the info. Interestingly, while I spend a lot of time in San Ramon where my infrequent contract jobs are, I've never been to the nearby Livermore dealership. Glad to hear good things about them. I'm confident that they will make your car right. As a whole I had very good experiences with Jaguar dealerships, except perhaps one. But, even that may have been a fluke and I find no reason to bring their name into this post.

Albert

Old 08-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Welcome, you missed a drive

NorCal branch had a drive today you could have brought your F (I left mine and drove my XKR instead). Nice romp but not a single new car. We met up in Mill Valley.

Attached Thumbnails Hello from NorCal-wp_20130818_10_02_34_pro.jpg   Hello from NorCal-wp_20130818_10_31_32_pro.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 AM

Hi Rob,
Do you guys have regular Jag get togethers?
I'm new to the forum and Jags, so still sorting everything out. Actually I never intended to buy a Jaguar but after the dealer gave me the keys for a drive, I had to buy it. I did some reading about the car after watching the speed channel show on the F-Type and kind of spec'ed out what I would wanted in my head. The dealer had just unloaded this car from the truck and it had everything I wanted. They prepped the car and let me drive it and that was it. Now I'm the proud owner of an F-Type Jaguar.
Thanks, Wayne

Old 08-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Once a Quarter

About twice a year we do a drive. Check out the Western US section of the Forum.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/western-us-ak-ca-nv-ut-hi-wa-id-38/

WayneB (08-20-2013)