F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Can't figure out correct brake fitment

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Can I revive this thread, I am pretty sure that OzXFR will know what I need. I have the graunch-y noise (ever since I put the Vorsteiners on, actually) and I figure if I am going to change the pads I may as well change the rotors as well. OzXFR pointed out to me in a thread some time ago that I have the smaller calipers at the back (like the ones in his photo above) but the bigger ones at the front. I'd like some slotted and dimpled or drilled rotors to go with that setup. Yes, i know about the risks with drilled rotors but essentially my car is never likely to be tracked, I drive the Jag supplied cars on the performance driving days and I have to say it is much more fun breaking their stuff than my own. I'm really just looking for visuals (but not crap), I see the el-cheapo AMG pack A class Benzes with cross drilled rotors and get a severe case of hole-envy.

Can anyone let me know where I can source the snappy looking rotors?

Old 03-31-2019, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Can I revive this thread, I am pretty sure that OzXFR will know what I need. I have the graunch-y noise (ever since I put the Vorsteiners on, actually) and I figure if I am going to change the pads I may as well change the rotors as well. OzXFR pointed out to me in a thread some time ago that I have the smaller calipers at the back (like the ones in his photo above) but the bigger ones at the front. I'd like some slotted and dimpled or drilled rotors to go with that setup. Yes, i know about the risks with drilled rotors but essentially my car is never likely to be tracked, I drive the Jag supplied cars on the performance driving days and I have to say it is much more fun breaking their stuff than my own. I'm really just looking for visuals (but not crap), I see the el-cheapo AMG pack A class Benzes with cross drilled rotors and get a severe case of hole-envy.

Can anyone let me know where I can source the snappy looking rotors?
Bruce,
Gimme a mo and I'll see if I can find wot you are after!
Sounds like you have the 380 mm fronts and 326 mm rears.
Be aware that the pic of one of my rears in post #12 is of a 376 mm rear NOT a 326 mm rear, and PBBarb's pic in post #18 is of a front 355 mm.
There is absolutely no-one no place no how in Oz who sells slotted and/or cross drilled brake rotors for any modern Jag let alone the F-Type so it's import or nuffin, with the associated postage post which is not cheap coz the rotors weigh a ton. Pretty much all of them are from the good ol' US of A which reduces the postage cost a tad as in most cases they will come from the west coast of the US across the little Pacific puddle to Sydney. And pretty much all of them are made in China but you can't get them direct from the manufacturer, they would be a lot cheaper if you could!
Plenty of sellers on Fleabay who sell a four rotor slotted and drilled package but most of them include (crappy) pads which you don't want, and almost all of them comprise the 380 mm fronts and the 376 mm rears which you also don't want. So far I have not been able to find a package of 380 mm fronts and 326 mm rears but I will keep looking. It seems likely you will have to get two separate order/packages, one for fronts and one for rears, but as they will need to be from the same seller (to make sure they match) you should be able to contact them and swing a better deal including reduced postage.
Stay tuned!

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (03-31-2019)
Old 03-31-2019, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

How bout these? rears are the 376 though. Will Wortec (UK) make them like they did for the Wortec Group buy f typers?
https://www.vividracing.com/drilled-slotted-rotors-c-5050.html?class_8=935&class_9=29559

Old 03-31-2019, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jaguny
How bout these? rears are the 376 though. Will Wortec (UK) make them like they did for the Wortec Group buy f typers?
https://www.vividracing.com/drilled-slotted-rotors-c-5050.html?class_8=935&class_9=29559
I think this question has been asked before (viz do/will Wortec make the 325/326 mm rear rotors as well as the 380 mm fronts and 376 mm rears?) and IIRC the answer was "only if there is sufficient demand and/or a decent sized group buy", and I don't think either of those things have happened.
Also, while these Wortec rotors look great and weigh a helluva lot less than the OEM rotors they also cost a packet, around 10 times the cost of after-market slotted and drilled rotors.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

OK Brucey boy I have finished shopping and the results are mixed.
No-one but no-one sells a package of the 380 mm fronts and 325/326 mm rears in slotted and drilled.
I can find only one seller of the 325/326 mm rears in slotted and drilled - R1 Concepts - see here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2014-20...QAAOSw88RbIH9F
Includes pads but no listing for without pads. The pads are claimed to be ceramic but that may or may not be true, long story short the one and only time I ever bought such a package with claimed ceramic pads they turned out to be basic Centric Posiquiet semi-metallic pads, and just as "graunchy" as the OEM pads.
Plenty of members of the XF forum have fitted R1 Concepts rotors to their XF SCs and XFRs and not a single negative report.
Not a single seller of F-Type front 380 mm slotted and drilled rotors by themselves, not even R1 Concepts, BUT they sell XFR front 380 mm slotted and drilled brake rotors and I know for absolute certain that they are identical to the F-Type rotors. See here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Jaguar-...oAAOSwTm9aJhCx
Both sets I have linked to are black as I suspect that would be your preferred colour, but they also do silver and gold. Don't worry, the black or gold paint on the working surfaces of the rotors wears off completely after a few applications of the brakes!
Bottom line - your best bet is to contact the R1 Concepts Ebay store and sort out a "special" order of the 380 mm fronts and 325/326 mm rears in the colour of your choice, possibly without pads to save some dough.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member

Perfect, thanks a heap, will do.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:25 PM
Awd
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

A side issue...PB Barb...glad you are back and the very frustrating issues seem to have abated.
alan

Old 04-01-2019, 07:02 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Awd
A side issue...PB Barb...glad you are back and the very frustrating issues seem to have abated.
alan
Thanks! Yes it seems to finally be fixed completely. When I go in for my next service (next couple of months) they are going to take care of a couple of new rattles that started after the big disassemble/reassemble process. I told them to just wait until then so daily driving could shake things loose and it would only be one more trip. They agreed (plus they knew I just wanted to have a chance to enjoy my car finally!). It’s good to be back - both in my car AND here! I missed y’all but couldn’t handle daily reminders of mine being in the shop. I also have a new (lightly) customized motorcycle these days. Went British there too (Triumph).

The following 2 users liked this post by PBBarb:
jaguny (04-01-2019), scm (04-01-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Oz, those R1 Concept Rotors are 1/6 the cost of the Wortec's. What gives?

Old 04-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Oz, those R1 Concept Rotors are 1/6 the cost of the Wortec's. What gives?
Vince,
They’re as much as 35 lbs heavier in total and not as sexy looking.

jaguny (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 09:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I can find only one seller of the 325/326 mm rears in slotted and drilled - R1 Concepts - see here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2014-20...QAAOSw88RbIH9F
Seeing as I started this tread, it's ironic I might help end it too ;-)

I actually ordered a set of R1 Concepts pads and rotors last year (I chose the slotted vs. drilled) and have been extremely happy with them. I don't believe they claimed to be fully ceramic (at least my expectation was that they were not). In any case, they were a fraction of the cost of the Wortec and well worth the cost. They have been great street pads and I also use the rotors for track days (I swap the pads, will be using EBC YellowStuff in a few weeks at Mid-Ohio).

Value for the dollar is fantastic. Hope it works out for you!
-Mike

The following 2 users liked this post by reznik6044:
BruceTheQuail (04-02-2019), jaguny (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member

Positive reinforcement, just what I need especially because freight will be about $500

Old 04-03-2019, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member

Argh! R1 say that their rotors are for US spec and not Aus spec. Probably the same I'd imagine but seems like I need to do some research.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

Argh! R1 say that their rotors are for US spec and not Aus spec. Probably the same I'd imagine but seems like I need to do some research.
I call BS on that, there are absolulety no differences in any Jag rotors between NAS and ROW.
Different brake specs on some models yes, but the actual rotors like for like are identical.
Just buy the exact same ones I linked to earlier and you won't go wrong.

BruceTheQuail (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 03:12 AM
Veteran Member

Will do, bigfella.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:21 AM
Veteran Member

Will do, bigfella.
OK Bruce, howdja go?

Old 04-11-2019, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

My apologies, didnt notice the post - they are ordered (per the links) and on the way and may arrive Monday! Cost delivered is about $980 AUD. Snuck it past the missus as I have just ordered her the 2020XE P300 which looks to be a beauty.

Hopefully have them on by easter and will post pics.

Strangely enough pretty much from the time of ordering my current brakes have stopped the squawk. That always happens. I'd guarantee if I cancelled the order it would start again.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

My apologies, didnt notice the post - they are ordered (per the links) and on the way and may arrive Monday! Cost delivered is about $980 AUD. Snuck it past the missus as I have just ordered her the 2020XE P300 which looks to be a beauty.

Hopefully have them on by easter and will post pics.

Strangely enough pretty much from the time of ordering my current brakes have stopped the squawk. That always happens. I'd guarantee if I cancelled the order it would start again.
Good to see that R1 Concepts came to the party.
What pads are you putting on, those supplied by R1 as part of the package or something else?

Old 04-11-2019, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member

I think the ceramics that are supplied, given Mike's comments above. I'm like "pads? whatever. Look at them shiny drilled rotors!"

75 lbs all up

Old 04-12-2019, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member

I think the ceramics that are supplied, given Mike's comments above. I'm like "pads? whatever. Look at them shiny drilled rotors!"

75 lbs all up
Bruce, I just realised the rear rotors I linked to (first link in my earlier post) are slotted only, not drilled & slotted. My bad.
But without further checking I'm not sure they even do drilled & slotted so that may be the best you can do.
Or did you find and order rears in drilled & slotted anyway?
And that's a good price with shipping, I paid $740 US for the full set back in Nov 2015 when the exchange rate was around 1 to 1 but at today's exchange rate that would have worked out to well over $1,000 AU.

Last edited by OzXFR; 04-12-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Quick Reply: HELP! Can't figure out correct brake fitment