F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with F-Type Purchase Odd Carfax

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 03:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help with F-Type Purchase Odd Carfax

Looking to purchase a 14 V6s from Carvana. It is setup exactly how I'd like it but I'm concerned with the odd ownership records showing in the Carfax report (attached). I'd appreciate any feedback or opinions.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Jag Report.pdf (1.08 MB, 218 views)
Old 12-31-2019, 05:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks like it was 1st leased and the person maybe didn't make payments so the car was repo'ed and then sold at auction. Then passed around a few times from dealership to dealership and driven by people at the dealership. Then sold as a certified pre-owned and then sold again. To me it doesn't look all that bad as it has low milage and hasn't been in any kind of accident. I would just make sure that it comes with 2 key fobs for the car as they are very expensive to get a new fob.. as I found out the hard way when I bought mine a couple of years ago and had to spend over a grand to get a new fob from my local dealership. I had mine shipped from TX to NJ by the way.

The following users liked this post:
ryd003 (01-01-2020)
Old 12-31-2019, 06:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mcamp
It looks like it was 1st leased and the person maybe didn't make payments so the car was repo'ed and then sold at auction. Then passed around a few times from dealership to dealership and driven by people at the dealership. Then sold as a certified pre-owned and then sold again. To me it doesn't look all that bad as it has low milage and hasn't been in any kind of accident. I would just make sure that it comes with 2 key fobs for the car as they are very expensive to get a new fob.. as I found out the hard way when I bought mine a couple of years ago and had to spend over a grand to get a new fob from my local dealership. I had mine shipped from TX to NJ by the way.

much appreciated... wasn’t real sure.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:08 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by aaf8
Looking to purchase a 14 V6s from Carvana. It is setup exactly how I'd like it but I'm concerned with the odd ownership records showing in the Carfax report (attached). I'd appreciate any feedback or opinions.
While the body is aluminum, personally I would not touch a salt winter car. A southern car will look like new on the underside vs very nasty corrosion.

Old 12-31-2019, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by RacerX
While the body is aluminum, personally I would not touch a salt winter car. A southern car will look like new on the underside vs very nasty corrosion.
That's why mine is garage kept and doesn't see weather if I can help it. I drive the SUV during the winter and when I know it's going to rain during the spring, summer and fall months.

Old 01-01-2020, 01:13 PM
Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts

I had mine shipped from TX to NJ by the way.
How did you feel about the process of shipping the car? I’ve never done that but recently found an FType in TX that i would need shipped to CA if I go through with the purchase.

Old 01-01-2020, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

I've had several cars shipped and never had an issue. If buying remote, make sure the seller/dealership gives you a walk around video of the vehicle. Sometimes they can hide some things with photo shoots.

ryd003 (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by ryd003
How did you feel about the process of shipping the car? I’ve never done that but recently found an FType in TX that i would need shipped to CA if I go through with the purchase.
It was my 1st time getting a car shipped and I didn't have any problems at all with the shipping. There were 2 options for shipping that I had.. regular open carrier and enclosed. I paid the extra for the enclosed. I didn't want to take the chance with open that a rock or something else hitting it as it was driving 1/2 way across the country. The regular was something like $800 and the enclosure was $1200. They had everything strapped down nicely and shipping blankets over all the cars they had in the trailer. The trailer was huge as well.. had 2 levels in it so make sure if your going to get it delivered that you have plenty of space for the delivery. The only thing I wish was made more clear was that the driver would't take a personal check and would only take cash, money order or cashiers check. Luckily I had just enough cash in the house. Once we were all good to go the driver did say that it was a really really nice looking car.. Which was nice of him to say since I'm sure he's seen many cars trucking them around the country. I would defiantly get another car shipped in the future.

ryd003 (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mahjik
I've had several cars shipped and never had an issue. If buying remote, make sure the seller/dealership gives you a walk around video of the vehicle. Sometimes they can hide some things with photo shoots.
thanks. They did offer to do that for me when I was ready.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:18 PM
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Check the hood gaps by the wheels I've read it's a known issue. Also when we bought ours parts of where the carpet meets the side of the console we found gaps. Dealers going to replace the carpet under warranty but they gave me the impression it is a known issue. I'm going to have the speaker rattle issue looked at as well.

I feel kind of funny buying a car without seeing it in person especially without a warranty. Are there any allowances if you find an issue once it's delivered that you could send it back?

Old 01-02-2020, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by pjazz
Are there any allowances if you find an issue once it's delivered that you could send it back?
Depends on the dealership. Most (credible) dealerships will offer a 4 week or 30 day no questions asked return for remote purchases.

Old 01-08-2020, 12:44 PM

The only thing I wish was made more clear was that the driver would't take a personal check and would only take cash, money order or cashiers check. Luckily I had just enough cash in the house.
thanks for this note.... just went through the process of purchasing the car out of state and i made sure to ask about payment so i'm ready for the delivery! if i had not asked i would have only had a personal check or card which they will not accept.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:12 PM
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

i shipped mine across country, ordered the upper level of the car carrier to avoid possible rocks -- it worked out fine.