Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help... Quiescent relay replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2023, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help... Quiescent relay replacement

Hey all,
First, I am pretty experienced in working on cars and their electricals... given my wife has a 2016 F-Type R which is my first Jag and I am not a Jag mechanic (obviously or I wouldn't be posting this...). 😁

I have been diagnosing a battery draw on her car, and it appears that it is the Quiescent Relay Box. Based on things that I can see, the box appears has a simple remove and replace.

It this correct?
Or does the QRB need to be reprogrammed or sync'd to the car in any way shape or form?

If it needs to be reprogrammed or whatever, is there a step by step how to somewhere you can link me to?

Currently I am using an Autel MaxiSYS, but thought about getting an iCarSoft LR v2/v3 (which I have read many have used with much success) to see if there is any difference between the Autel and iCarSoft.

Thanks!!!

Old 10-31-2023, 07:41 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,148 Likes on 1,438 Posts

There are many, many threads on here about a bug/feature of the F-type - if an OBD device doesn’t properly terminate the connection, the car never goes to sleep. The easiest indicator is that the lighted hazard indicator switch doesn’t turn off; it normally goes off roughly 10 minutes after the ignition is turned off as the car goes to sleep. Solution: disconnect the battery for 30 seconds and reconnect.

Old 10-31-2023, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by DJS
There are many, many threads on here about a bug/feature of the F-type - if an OBD device doesn’t properly terminate the connection, the car never goes to sleep. The easiest indicator is that the lighted hazard indicator switch doesn’t turn off; it normally goes off roughly 10 minutes after the ignition is turned off as the car goes to sleep. Solution: disconnect the battery for 30 seconds and reconnect.
Yeah I read that... I am kind of passed that point and have found the issue being with the QRB... so I am looking to replace it, but just want to know if it needs any programming or coding when a new one is put in. And if so, how to do it.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

​​​​​

Old 12-21-2023, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Yeah I read that... I am kind of passed that point and have found the issue being with the QRB... so I am looking to replace it, but just want to know if it needs any programming or coding when a new one is put in. And if so, how to do it.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

​​​​​

I believe it is plug and play.

There is another thread on the forum from 10/26/2021 where a user Buckingham did the replacement and confirmed no coding required after fitting a new QRB from Jaguar.
Hope this helps.