F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help....white or rhodium silver? coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default help....white or rhodium silver? coupe

...pulling the trigger on an ftype coupe v6...downgrading from my black 2007 xkr
I like the white ftype as a couple....but am thinking it's a hard color for a guy to drive....does the silver seem boring?

Old 01-25-2015, 05:19 PM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

Plenty of white coupes on this forum, generally with the black pack, panoramic roof and black wheels, but Rhodium Silver looks pretty sharp in these pics on the Jag website.

Although I have also seen pics of the silver that look quite 'flat'.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:30 PM
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Of those two colours I'd get the silver. Looks great with silver wheels of some sort!

Old 01-25-2015, 05:30 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

They are both good. Although to me the ultimate choice is Lunar vs Polaris

Old 01-25-2015, 05:34 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

If it's that shiny silver, then yes it looks nice. I would prefer that over white. The flat silver doesn't look that great for me. But highly highly recommend you get the panoramic roof and the active exhaust option on the V6 model.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:00 PM

thanks for the help....

sadly not getting the moonroof... or active exhaust. i have a really nice deal on cars without. i'm mixed about the roof... i would have loved the exhaust. My friend over at Mina Gallery has suggested he makes up an exhaust for this car. My XKR has his exhaust..... and it's awesome. it completely transformed the xkr into a beast. definitely added 10/15% power. He thinks that it will make the 6 sound great.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I narrowed my choices down to two dealer in-stock cars, Rhodium Silver, and Polaris White. They were convertibles in my case. I was leaning toward the silver until I saw them both in person, side-by-side on a sunny day. I like silver, but in my case I much preferred the white, and that's what I purchased.

The following users liked this post:
RobsnTX (01-30-2015)
Old 01-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Received 102 Likes on 66 Posts

This car looks best in White, Black or Red. The JRL paints are generally quite poor quality

Old 01-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by johney5
thanks for the help....

sadly not getting the moonroof... or active exhaust. i have a really nice deal on cars without. i'm mixed about the roof... i would have loved the exhaust. My friend over at Mina Gallery has suggested he makes up an exhaust for this car. My XKR has his exhaust..... and it's awesome. it completely transformed the xkr into a beast. definitely added 10/15% power. He thinks that it will make the 6 sound great.
Well for what its worth, I clearly remember seeing a R.Silver ftype last summer across the road as I was at a red light.. and it looked great.
Lawrence.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Those were my #1 and 2 choices when I ordered my car and ultimately I went with Polaris...Jaguar didn't use it in most of it's advertising for no good reason.

Really though...you'll be quite pleased with either of those choices and as was mentioned,Polaris looks great with black wheels whereas with Rhodium,you can go either way,silver or black.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

you mean upgrade! 7 years newer car, fresher styling! My last few cars have been white so I can't give you an objective opinion...

Old 01-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Those were my #1 and 2 choices when I ordered my car and ultimately I went with Polaris...Jaguar didn't use it in most of it's advertising for no good reason.

Really though...you'll be quite pleased with either of those choices and as was mentioned,Polaris looks great with black wheels whereas with Rhodium,you can go either way,silver or black.
Polaris looks oh so much better with silver wheels, but that just goes to show that everyone likes something a little different . . . thanks goodness. Honestly, as RickyJay is so fond of saying, there is no bad color on the F-Type.

And to the OP, you're definitely upgrading!

The following users liked this post:
F-TypeRookie (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 08:59 AM

Well i'm glad to see all the thoughtful answers, but i still can't 'bloody' decide between the two colors. Silver feels "a bit like a vantage' very classic, shows off the lines of the car beautifully, and i always regretted not having a silver xkr. on the other hand the white seems fresh...and modern... but there are also a million other white cars on the road in LA these days...from mercs to teslas...to BM'rs...
so somehow i'm thinking the white is just going to get old fast.
I have not been so indecisive ever...all my cars have always been black...
What to do? aghhhh1

Old 01-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I had to make a decision by today, so I ordered a '16 Coupe R AWD in Ammonite Grey with Jet/Red Duotone (black seatbelts), Black Gyrodynes, Extended Leather, Vision Pack, and Illuminated Sills.

Still no real sense of what the color looks like. Or the price. Delivery date is early April.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Whirlinturbin
I had to make a decision by today, so I ordered a '16 Coupe R AWD in Ammonite Grey with Jet/Red Duotone (black seatbelts), Black Gyrodynes, Extended Leather, Vision Pack, and Illuminated Sills.

Still no real sense of what the color looks like. Or the price. Delivery date is early April.
Should be beautiful.. would like to see pictures when you receive it. I love my Italian racing red, but also like the f in most of the other colours as well.
Lawrence.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Whirlinturbin

lucky! not getting mine till June

Old 01-26-2015, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

White was No.1 seller last year, followed by black and dark grey. My last car was black and one before was white so I moved on to Stratus Grey, but our Maser is white after Black Audi. I love Red but never seem to find one at the right time, last time I had one was '05.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:24 PM

Thanks, Everyone. I'm putting a lot of faith in the Ammonite Grey, although none of us have seen it. I'm hoping it's harder edged than Lunar, but not as black as Stratus. I actually already had ordered a Stratus with Jet/Ivory Duotone '15 R with Black Pack. I never got to see her in person before the dealer sold her from underneath me upon arrival. Long story, but got a '16 slot, so am just going to go with a new configuration and avoid any bad mojo.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

You should check out Autogespot.com and do a search on the Jaguar F-Type. They have hundreds of pictures of actual vehicles on the street from all angles, all colors in all different lighting situations, but all outdoors. Indoor dealer and professional promo pictures don't always show the most accurate representation of color. Jaguar paint colors really seem to vary according to light (except black & white, of course).

Old 01-26-2015, 05:31 PM

Yeah, I love that site and check it daily. But there's no Ammonite there or anywhere else. I've had to resort to the Detroit auto show pics of the XE to make an educated guess.

Quick Reply: help....white or rhodium silver? coupe