Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by stahlee
Damn, sorry dude.
Hope the water stops rising.

Best wishes from hot 'n dry L.A.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:52 PM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Owwww sarahsmi so sorry to see that :'(
I saw someone post a graphic today; nine trillion gallons of water, would be a cube two miles on a side. How tragic. I have a lot of friends in Houston. Wishing all are safe!

Old 08-29-2017, 09:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Really sorry and nervous for you. I myself was a victim of the damn flood water last August. I tried my best, I jacked it (Ftype S) up on two stacked cinder blocks under each wheel to no avail. Note where my fish tank and my bike's height.

Now the Ftype R is sitting in its place, yet the rain is pouring and Harvey is heading my way.

Last edited by NTAV; 08-29-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:01 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Oooooh, that is painful to see, sorry man. Sounds like it came out well though. Sending dry vibes your way! Stay safe!

Old 08-30-2017, 02:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
My thoughts and best wishes are with you, South Texans. May you and your families stay safe and your cars above water.
AMEN!

Old 08-30-2017, 08:02 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by NTAV
Now the Ftype R is sitting in its place, yet the rain is pouring and Harvey is heading my way.
Wow, crazy to see that!!! Hopefully you don't fall victim again within a year!

S was replaced with an R, but what did you end up replacing your RSV4 with?

Old 08-30-2017, 09:21 AM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

So sorry for Houston residents...stay safe and hope this all abates soon.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kief
Wow, crazy to see that!!! Hopefully you don't fall victim again within a year!

S was replaced with an R, but what did you end up replacing your RSV4 with?

Unfortunately, nothing at the moment because I am still in mourning period for that Aprilia. Long story short, that bike carried me through hell and high water when I lost my job and had nothing left but that only that bike to my name. It was a damn shame I forsaken her and worried/preoccupied about the Ftype at the time of the flooding.

But another RSV4 will be once I get over my guilt.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:56 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by NTAV
Unfortunately, nothing at the moment because I am still in mourning period for that Aprilia. Long story short, that bike carried me through hell and high water when I lost my job and had nothing left but that only that bike to my name. It was a damn shame I forsaken her and worried/preoccupied about the Ftype at the time of the flooding.

But another RSV4 will be once I get over my guilt.
Yeah, and not to add to your guilt, but I would have strapped that RSV4 on top of the Jag to have saved it! Reminds me of that guy in Houston who saved his BMWs: Quick action by BMW enthusiast saves his M3s and X5 from Hurricane Harvey

j/k Sounds like it was a special bike for you and you were able to depend on it when nothing else in your life at that time was going well.

I take it, the R and you panned out better this time around?

Old 09-06-2017, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kief
Yeah, and not to add to your guilt, but I would have strapped that RSV4 on top of the Jag to have saved it! Reminds me of that guy in Houston who saved his BMWs: Quick action by BMW enthusiast saves his M3s and X5 from Hurricane Harvey

j/k Sounds like it was a special bike for you and you were able to depend on it when nothing else in your life at that time was going well.

I take it, the R and you panned out better this time around?
The R is of course better than the S in terms of HP, yet, the nagging Meridian issue entailed for months. Now with a "muffled" sound and extra rattling/squeaks from panels and such so not really. I would be semi ok with the muted aural pleasure from the radio and rely on the exhaust, but no! Driving around with no music and the symphony of rattling and squeak interlude begins...
The dealership in my area is a hit and miss. My S AWD's Meridian issue, prior to the flood sat at the dealership for over a month while they feeding me their "expert" opinions and failed attempts only when I called and asked for updates. Then the R AWD with a printout service bulletin (courtesy of the good folks on this forum} finally got it resolved, but then they gave me the rattling/squeaks symphony. But this dealer is special, if you're adorned with at least a Zegna suit, a Patek, a blond/brunet eye candy and a fluffy poodle as accessories, your service might be prompted. My gf and I walked around on their lot trying to get helpful information on a Rover, no help. Walked inside hoping for help, nope. Almost an hour wasted. So my friend, as for me like Rodney Dangerfield would say...!?!

p.s. The RSV4r with a full Austin exhaust is a dream! Was...

Last edited by NTAV; 09-06-2017 at 03:22 AM.