F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How often per week do you get asked about your F Type?
Never
4.76%
Once a week
23.81%
2-3 times a week
23.81%
Every other day
19.05%
Daily
23.81%
More times than a Kardashian goes looking for attention
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

How often (and when) do you get asked about your F Type by random strangers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 04:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by MV Rider
I know the Fs are very rare but here in Raleigh, Jaguars are so rare that people love to look at the wife's little red XF. Have not seen any Fs yet in the Wake County area and we are always on the lookout for the pretty cats. An F would probably start a riot!
I saw a new red XF parked just down the street last weekend. I thought it looked really smart!

Old 01-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

On the way home from the dealership after picking up my new (to me) F V6 S, I was almost rear ended by a tradesman in a ute (pickup) who was too busy pointing and gesturing about my car to his make in the ute in the lane beside him to notice I had stopped in the traffic. Was squealing of tyres and sling rubber.

I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
On the way home from the dealership after picking up my new (to me) F V6 S, I was almost rear ended by a tradesman in a ute (pickup) who was too busy pointing and gesturing about my car to his make in the ute in the lane beside him to notice I had stopped in the traffic. Was squealing of tyres and sling rubber.

I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence.
Get used to it. I regularly see people behind me at the lights taking photo's. A car followed me for several kilometres in Geelong with the passenger filming me with his iPhone.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

When I was getting tint I had one of the workers come up and ask me about the car. He then insisted that it was based on the Saturn Sky platform that Jaguar bought from them when they went under.

I just nodded and went along. However I've never found any data that supported that Jaguar bought the platform the Sky/Solstice were built on, nor that the F-Type used anything from those vehicles.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:38 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Feel free to tell him he's an idiot. Did the Sky have an aluminum frame? And Saturn didn't go out of business per se, as they were a division of GM. (True, GM went through bankruptcy...)
GM Kappa platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The son of a friend thought mine looked like a Sky. His dad was horrified, but I was amused. Actually, I don't think the Sky/Solstice look bad for a cheap roadster.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Get used to it. I regularly see people behind me at the lights taking photo's. A car followed me for several kilometres in Geelong with the passenger filming me with his iPhone.
Ha yes, also was having a little mild but loud play in a few industrial back streets when a SRT Chrysler 300c clamped itself to my back bumper and was trying to get me to race. I gave him a couple of squirts and could get away from him briefly from a turn but wasn't going to risk Licence or crash to really play with him properly. He seemed disappointed.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by DJS
Feel free to tell him he's an idiot.

The son of a friend thought mine looked like a Sky. His dad was horrified, but I was amused. Actually, I don't think the Sky/Solstice look bad for a cheap roadster.
Next time I will. hah

I actually was looking at getting a Sky at one point. It was a sharp little roadster for the price. The Saturn badge is what hurt it the most.

Back on topic, I hand wash my Coupe on the weekend behind my building. I tend to get the same people walking by and had an older woman tell me that it looks better every week. Otherwise it is mostly thumbs up from people walking or driving by.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Veteran Member

Ha yes, also was having a little mild but loud play in a few industrial back streets when a SRT Chrysler 300c clamped itself to my back bumper and was trying to get me to race. I gave him a couple of squirts and could get away from him briefly from a turn but wasn't going to risk Licence or crash to really play with him properly. He seemed disappointed.
Heh-heh. Yes, I get a lot of "lads" looking for a squirt along St Kilda beach. If they're sitting on my rear bumper, I turn on the active exhaust, shift it to Sport mode, then give the accelerator enough of a push to quickly open up a decent gap and set the fireworks off in the process. Then I'll just pull in to the the other lane and let them draw their own conclusions as to why I'm not going to bother racing them.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LynxFX
Back on topic, I hand wash my Coupe on the weekend behind my building. I tend to get the same people walking by and had an older woman tell me that it looks better every week.

How I feel every time I'm washing my F Type

The following 2 users liked this post by OzRisk:
Ggraddy (01-23-2015), Mulmur (01-24-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
He then insisted that it was based on the Saturn Sky platform that Jaguar bought from them when they went under.
Impossible:
The sky has a track/wheelbase of 61/95. The F-Type is 63fr-65rr/103.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Impossible:
The sky has a track/wheelbase of 61/95. The F-Type is 63fr-65rr/103.
Which makes the conversation even funnier since the wheelbase is what he kept insisting were the same.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:22 AM
Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

How I feel every time I'm washing my F Type
Ah yes, the two wash mitts method.

The following users liked this post:
OzRisk (01-23-2015)
Old 01-23-2015, 12:49 AM
Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

OK, back on topic..., I'm batting about .500, with folks asking me questions every other fueling it seems. Just as I finished topping off the tank earlier in the week, the clerk left her cash register, coming over to check it out. After telling her it was the F-Type, she smiled and said, "Oh.... So that's what that is! You know, I've heard about those things."

The following 2 users liked this post by deltagroup:
alexg (01-25-2015), OzRisk (01-23-2015)
Old 01-25-2015, 02:34 AM

In one short trip yesterday, I went to an auto supplies shop and while. Was browsing the detailing section I was listening to all of the staff and several of the customers discussing my car and then they all came out to listen to it when I left.

Then several thumbs up along the road and a guy in a Subaru stuck his head out the window and asked me if it was fun, when I said "heaps" he grinned and said "sounds like it". Then an older guy at a service station where I stopped to get some Ice bailed me up and asked me all about it.

Last edited by AnD3rew; 01-25-2015 at 03:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:09 AM
Veteran Member

Nice one, AnD3rew! What did you pick up in the detailing section?

Gave the car a good wash, wax and polish yesterday. Have this fantastic spay on wax, but Made the mistake of doing the windows first, before applying the wax. Didn't think there was much breeze until I went out later to get petrol and saw the back spray of the wax all over the windows. So, repeat effort today on the windows with the glass cleaner! (Really important getting the glass right with the glass roof, or the car just doesn't look finished.)

Old 01-25-2015, 03:26 AM

Nice one, AnD3rew! What did you pick up in the detailing section?

Gave the car a good wash, wax and polish yesterday. Have this fantastic spay on wax, but Made the mistake of doing the windows first, before applying the wax. Didn't think there was much breeze until I went out later to get petrol and saw the back spray of the wax all over the windows. So, repeat effort today on the windows with the glass cleaner! (Really important getting the glass right with the glass roof, or the car just doesn't look finished.)
Haven't decided yet what I want to do for wax, but it's still looking great but just a few fingerprints Etc and some scuffs on the leather. So I just hit some showtime shine, some microfiber cloths ands some leather wipes.

What brand of spray wax are you using?

Old 01-25-2015, 03:42 AM
Veteran Member

Haven't decided yet what I want to do for wax, but it's still looking great but just a few fingerprints Etc and some scuffs on the leather. So I just hit some showtime shine, some microfiber cloths ands some leather wipes.

What brand of spray wax are you using?
FW1 Racing Formula.

Looking around for a good leather conditioner now for the interior.

AnD3rew (01-25-2015)
Old 01-25-2015, 05:44 AM

Back when I had a Series III. XJ6. Those guys seemd to be fans of Leatherique products but to use it properly according to their instructions it is a bit of a messy multi day process.

Also heard that Zaino is very good.

OzRisk (01-25-2015)
Old 01-25-2015, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member

Back when I had a Series III. XJ6. Those guys seemd to be fans of Leatherique products but to use it properly according to their instructions it is a bit of a messy multi day process.

Also heard that Zaino is very good.
I've heard good things about Zaino too.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:00 AM

Took my car to cars and coffee on the weekend. Was parked between two ferraris. No one stopped to look at the ferraris everyone stopped to look at and take photos of the F-Type. Was only one other there, a white V6 S coupe with black pack.

J444G (06-21-2024)

Quick Reply: How often (and when) do you get asked about your F Type by random strangers?