F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How reliable is the p300?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How reliable is the p300?

I've been doing some research about the f type and notice most of the issues are due with the v6 or v8. The p300 was introduced in 2017 and the 2019 to 2020 p300s are essential the exact same car of the 2021+ model just a mustang style face lift (i personally dont like it). The p300 has been out over 7 years. I want to know has there been any known issues that the p300 have that the v6 or v8 don't have?
this car used is at a very comfortable price for me 32k to 40k depending on the mileage, packages, and etc. Personally waiting for a 2019 or 2020 with the package and color I like. (And milage depending on what owner issues people have had with the p300).
to me 296hp is more then enough for me for a daily fun car.
(I also believe that the v6 and v8 issues, especially with the 2014 ro 2016 models, has helped causing this beautiful p300 to drop in price not the p300 itself as I can't find any real issues with the p300 unless it's what my friend said and people are hiding underline issues.)

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 895 Posts

Hi, the very early p300's had some issues which I believe were corrected. We have that engine in our XE and I really love it, it has no lag and a really linear power delivery, and the way that my wife launches the XE from lights, it still has enough grunt to snap the head back. We have had our XE for 5 years with no issues, although it only has 25000km on it, so I dont know how high mileage examples compare. We will keep that car.

The p300 is very popular in the UK, I would look at the UK f type or XE forum for their experience with them.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Received 151 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by JappyChan
I've been doing some research about the f type and notice most of the issues are due with the v6 or v8. The p300 was introduced in 2017 and the 2019 to 2020 p300s are essential the exact same car of the 2021+ model just a mustang style face lift (i personally dont like it). The p300 has been out over 7 years. I want to know has there been any known issues that the p300 have that the v6 or v8 don't have?
this car used is at a very comfortable price for me 32k to 40k depending on the mileage, packages, and etc. Personally waiting for a 2019 or 2020 with the package and color I like. (And milage depending on what owner issues people have had with the p300).
to me 296hp is more then enough for me for a daily fun car.
(I also believe that the v6 and v8 issues, especially with the 2014 ro 2016 models, has helped causing this beautiful p300 to drop in price not the p300 itself as I can't find any real issues with the p300 unless it's what my friend said and people are hiding underline issues.)
You’re not the first person to compare the front of the new f-type to a mustang, but I don’t see it myself.

I’m somewhat in the camp that a 4 cylinder engine has no place being in a car like the F-type, but a good friend of mine had an XE and loved it with that engine though.

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Hi, the very early p300's had some issues which I believe were corrected. We have that engine in our XE and I really love it, it has no lag and a really linear power delivery, and the way that my wife launches the XE from lights, it still has enough grunt to snap the head back. We have had our XE for 5 years with no issues, although it only has 25000km on it, so I dont know how high mileage examples compare. We will keep that car.

The p300 is very popular in the UK, I would look at the UK f type or XE forum for their experience with them.
Glad to hear you had no issues so far. This has be excited. I hope i can find a green 19 to 20 before classes start in Jan.

Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by DMeister
You’re not the first person to compare the front of the new f-type to a mustang, but I don’t see it myself.

I’m somewhat in the camp that a 4 cylinder engine has no place being in a car like the F-type, but a good friend of mine had an XE and loved it with that engine though.
The question I'm asking is it reliable. It seems to be a very reliable 300 hp engine. I think it's the fine line of fuel efficiency and having fun....plus the added style is just a bonus. But that's just me.

Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM

The question I'm asking is it reliable. It seems to be a very reliable 300 hp engine. I think it's the fine line of fuel efficiency and having fun....plus the added style is just a bonus. But that's just me.
Yes, and that’s why I took the time to tell you that my friend had a good experience with that motor in his XE. No issues that I am aware of. At least in his case, but I have never researched the details on this engine beyond knowing he had good things to say.

Last edited by DMeister; Yesterday at 10:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JappyChan (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,230 Likes on 2,384 Posts

See this UK XE thread: https://www.xeforums.co.uk/threads/p...ability.12966/
Seems to be a very reliable engine with just some VVT solenoid problems on early engines, but then again they are talking mainly about the lower spec 200 and 250 versions rather than the 300 version in the F-Type.

The following users liked this post:
JappyChan (Yesterday)
Old Today, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by DMeister
Yes, and that’s why I took the time to tell you that my friend had a good experience with that motor in his XE. No issues that I am aware of. At least in his case, but I have never researched the details on this engine beyond knowing he had good things to say.
thank you so much! This actually helped I did some research myself and the xe is not known for any engine troubles just for other issues like the exhuast and navi system which are both different in the two cars. Im so excited for this car. I hope one pops up soon. Im ready as soon as one is available.

Old Today, 04:36 AM

thank you so much! This actually helped I did some research myself and the xe is not known for any engine troubles just for other issues like the exhuast and navi system which are both different in the two cars. Im so excited for this car. I hope one pops up soon. Im ready as soon as one is available.
I can understand why. These are special cars. Then again, I’m super biased because and F-type has been on my dream list literally from the day it came out. Such a beautiful design. It really is art on wheels.

You have a specific colour combination that you are targeting?

Old Today, 06:23 AM
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

We have this engine in our 2020 F-Pace Portfolio and it is currently at 60,000KM and other than two injectors replaced under warranty we have had no issues so far. The injectors also caused no problems from our end, dealer said they were failing although we had no codes. Engine has lots of grunt and gets great mileage on the highway.