F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove console panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove console panel

I have a new to me 2015 F type R which is in great condition except for the sticky button issue. Since me dealer will not do anything about it, I have been replacing and/or replacing buttons. I successfully replaced the steering wheel trim and left and right side button assemblies. I recently picked up a complete console panel (less the shifter) with all non sticky buttons. I want to remove the old sticky panel and replace.However, I can not get the old panel and its "carrier" out of the car. I would expect that I could take out a few bolts,disconnect a few connectors, and lift the whole assembly out including the shifter, move the shifter to the new panel and re assemble. I removed the bolts under the long trim pieces and the assembly will rock back and forth but there is still something holding it in. It seems like its being held up on the end next to the cup holders. What am I missing????

Old 07-12-2020, 03:23 PM
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Sachi,

You have gotten further than I did before throwing in the towel! I have the same problem of trying to remove the piano black console panel. Did you ever figure it out? Please share, I need to replace my volume control button.

Jeff

Old 07-13-2020, 09:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So if you removed the 4 BLACK bolts from under the long trim pieces on either side it should only be held in by these two plastic tips to the left and right of the parking brake switch and where the folding top switch would be. It helps to push the assembly to the right and tip the left side up and the right side down to get the first tip out and then you have to give it a good tug to get the entire assembly out.

Old 07-13-2020, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Sachi$16$
I have a new to me 2015 F type R which is in great condition except for the sticky button issue. Since me dealer will not do anything about it, I have been replacing and/or replacing buttons. I successfully replaced the steering wheel trim and left and right side button assemblies. I recently picked up a complete console panel (less the shifter) with all non sticky buttons. I want to remove the old sticky panel and replace.However, I can not get the old panel and its "carrier" out of the car. I would expect that I could take out a few bolts,disconnect a few connectors, and lift the whole assembly out including the shifter, move the shifter to the new panel and re assemble. I removed the bolts under the long trim pieces and the assembly will rock back and forth but there is still something holding it in. It seems like its being held up on the end next to the cup holders. What am I missing????
I have not personally removed these pieces yet, but hopefully this information may help you or shed some light? Looks like there may be screws under the side panels?

Good luck,
DC

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Trim.pdf (806.5 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by Therock88; 07-13-2020 at 12:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
madmax1911 (07-15-2020)