F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To: VelocityAP Supercharger Crank Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 12:01 AM
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by inmanlanier
Years back I purchased the tune only (no pulley). My bud and I spent quite a bit of time doing pulls at varying RPM spreads on a local highway with a stop watch. Unbeknownst to me I coincidentally was having a CAT go bad at the same time, so although there were improvements, they were a bit thwarted by the car issue. The onboard Cat temp sensors were dousing the Cat with fuel, impeding the gains. Chris had just come on board with Velocity AP; they were great working with me. I decided at that time to back out and without question I got a full refund. Flash forward a year or so later (nearing the end of my factory warranty) and I bought both the tune and pully. All I could say then was WOW. I gained about 6-7 mph on the back straightaway at the local racetrack (Palm Beach International Raceway). All gears pulled a lot harder. I've driven other events (instructing for the Porsche club, for example) and the car is extremely capable. Subsequent dyno testing showed significant gains across the board.

I likely shouldn't have said the above before you wring it out but I'm hoping you'll be as pleased as I was. Despite these beasts being porky pigs (weight is the enemy) - they are phenomenal on race tracks. My only regret was getting rained out at Daytona a while back when I had the opportunity to do an SCCA Jack Track event there. I was curious to see just how fast it would run. I had road raced there for a few years a while back and know the road course. It would have been a blast, however we had a tropical storm moving in that doused the track that particular evening. In advance I backed out since I had a few hundred on Hagerty for insurance that I was able to get back. Maybe another day.
2 months since in and have managed to put on only a couple hundred miles on local roads, but the noticeably increased power across the band makes accelerating even at low speeds more effortless, and thus more relaxed. Still awaiting the opportunity to test the acceleration at higher speeds ~85mph and up where the stock car loses steam in the top end. And can't wait to take it back down to the track this summer.

Old 11-28-2022, 12:02 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Bierry
2 months since in and have managed to put on only a couple hundred miles on local roads, but the noticeably increased power across the band makes accelerating even at low speeds more effortless, and thus more relaxed. Still awaiting the opportunity to test the acceleration at higher speeds ~85mph and up where the stock car loses steam in the top end. And can't wait to take it back down to the track this summer.
"I dreamt" that my 70mph to 151 was ASTOUNDING! A real kick in the pants. If pulled over, I just inform the Judge that their figures must be in Dog Miles.
I also dreamt that at 4am the conditions were clear with 1 Porsche slightly behind.

The following users liked this post:
Bierry (11-28-2022)