F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Howdy! New Member from Texas!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy! New Member from Texas!

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2016 White Vert V6S!

Ever since I test drove it last week I have been obessed with the car and lurking on this forum. Such an awesome forum and community that I had to join!

Question for all of you:

I am looking to lease and the car is listed at $91800 and is a demo. Dealer has dropped the price to $84800 without much negotiation or even pushing. Is this a good deal, should I be asking for more?

3 years with a $59,000 residual is what they have quoted as well.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Old 03-23-2016, 10:51 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

That residual is consistent with everything I saw when I leased mine. But, you should hold out for more if that is a demo. You should get a price break of at least that much just because it is a 2016 and the 2017's are on the way. I do not know how much more you should expect for a demo but I would shoot for 5K.
Larry

Old 03-23-2016, 10:55 AM

Thanks Larry for the response!

So you think asking for 5K more is reasonable?

Old 03-23-2016, 11:04 AM

Well, basically I got 14,500 off of $109,000 on my brand new 2016 in January. I do not know what the dealer incentives are now but they must be motivated to move the 2016's out and since it is a demo, they should expect to accept some pain. They are still too high in my opinion. If you are not seeing an 11-12k discount, look elsewhere.
Larry

The following users liked this post:
SinF (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 11:09 AM

I definitely saw that they were discounting the R pretty heavily when I went last week. The manager told me that they don't discount as much when they lease! Don't feel that they are very friendly, or are willing to make a deal. (hate that feeling)

I really want an F Type now that I have decided on it, just being patient and finding the right deal is tough!

I'll send them an email and let you know what the dealer says.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:15 AM

That is bull. When I was looking, several dealers that were discounting did not care about lease or buy. Plus JCNA makes money on the lease financing. On the other hand, a couple of dealers were not discounting much at all, even with JCNA incentives. Part of why I generally hate dealers. There are Jaguar dealers who will cut you a good deal. I do not know where you are but I got mine in Greenville, SC and would travel far to get the kind of deal I got. I remember some posts about good deals in Texas, but I do not know where.
Larry

Old 03-23-2016, 11:20 AM

Yeah, I went an hour before they closed on Saturday and just didn't look like they wanted to sell me a car. I was there ready to make a deal and even told em!

I hate dealers as well and the whole process of getting a car. Haven't bought many cars, but not sure if it would be better to search out of the city or even the state and what the cost implications would be (tax wise? transportation?)

I am in Dallas, Texas and dealing with Park Place Jag.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:00 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Likeaboss
Yeah, I went an hour before they closed on Saturday and just didn't look like they wanted to sell me a car. I was there ready to make a deal and even told em!

I hate dealers as well and the whole process of getting a car. Haven't bought many cars, but not sure if it would be better to search out of the city or even the state and what the cost implications would be (tax wise? transportation?)

I am in Dallas, Texas and dealing with Park Place Jag.
Tax wise it shouldn't matter. Transportation.. you could price it out, or just drive/fly somewhere and drive your new F-Type back. I agree that there's definitely more room in the price they gave you and also that the line about not discounting as much on a lease is total BS.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:03 PM

I have bought out of state several times and each time, I paid taxes and licensing for my home state. If your local guy is not willing to deal, search somewhere else. My nearest dealer is about 120 miles away, but they wouldn't even talk over the phone. I searched about 6 dealers within 400+ miles.

Larry

SinF (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

My local dealer has an AWD V6S vert with 2K miles for $80K vs $93.5K new. Its listed under the 'new' cars so wonder if its a demo or ?

2016 Jaguar F-TYPE S For Sale | Richmond VA | 1462DX

Old 03-23-2016, 12:04 PM

I've been talking to a leasing company as well (autoflex) and the salesman told me that the 84K price is the best he can do. I emailed the salesman from Jag dealership and hasn't responded.
I imagine he's in his office laughing at my offer and isn't interested in selling me the car!

I hope I can find a deal soon, so eager to get my hands on the one!

I'll start looking for deals, anyone have a suggestion on a dealership that they have worked with that maybe or has been good with working on a deal?

Old 03-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I got $15,000 off in February on my V6S, and it wasn't a demo. I took a lease as an exist strategy due to concerns about potential Jag reliability.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by SinF
I got $15,000 off in February on my V6S, and it wasn't a demo. I took a lease as an exist strategy due to concerns about potential Jag reliability.
Nice! Looks like I'll need to find another dealership. Doesn't look like this one is willing to work with me. ☹️

Old 03-23-2016, 01:15 PM

Sorry. For me, part of the required "joy of purchase" is feeling that you got a good, fair deal. The strength and weakness of a forum like this is that you know what others have received and now you want the same deal. Too bad that dealers vary so much. Good luck in your search; you will find the right deal out there. Seems to be a lot of 2016's in inventory for very late in the model year.
Larry

SinF (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
Sorry. For me, part of the required "joy of purchase" is feeling that you got a good, fair deal. The strength and weakness of a forum like this is that you know what others have received and now you want the same deal. Too bad that dealers vary so much. Good luck in your search; you will find the right deal out there. Seems to be a lot of 2016's in inventory for very late in the model year.
Larry
Thanks for the encouraging words! I agree 100% about the joy of purchasing. Obviously knowing what others get on their deals helps on negotiating and makes it difficult if I can't find something similar. Being patient will help in the long run!

Old 03-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

The method I use is I always bypass the salesperson and deal directly with the sales manager to close the deal. This eliminates most of the pressure tactics they could try on you.

Also, don't expect to get a super deal on anything other than what they have on the lot.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
The method I use is I always bypass the salesperson and deal directly with the sales manager to close the deal. This eliminates most of the pressure tactics they could try on you.

Also, don't expect to get a super deal on anything other than what they have on the lot.
I disagree the part about the importance of being on the lot. I've gotten excellent deals on the last few cars I bought and in each case I found dealers willing to do a dealer swap or pull from port.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:41 PM

Yeah, mine was not on the lot. It was trucked from another dealer in the same state.
Larry

Old 03-24-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by mshedden
My local dealer has an AWD V6S vert with 2K miles for $80K vs $93.5K new. Its listed under the 'new' cars so wonder if its a demo or ?

2016 Jaguar F-TYPE S For Sale | Richmond VA | 1462DX
That's a really good deal. Unfortunately I don't like the color combo much.

A member on the forum reached out to me by pm to help with a local dealer. Hopefully he can come through for me! Also found the exact one I want in Houston and hoping that they will call back with an a favorable deal! (Fingers crossed)

Old 03-24-2016, 02:01 PM
DFW
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm in Ft. Worth and looked to deal with Park Place - but ended up with Autobahn in Ft. Worth. Sales contact is Zig Gardner. Mine was a demo (150 miles) and a lease and I was pleased with the deal.

My experience with Park Place was similar - not really interested in much dealing.

Quick Reply: Howdy! New Member from Texas!