F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners - Anyone Using

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 02:14 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default HP Tuners - Anyone Using

Does anyone have any experience using HP Tuners on an F-Type?

I use it on the Chevrolet Corvette C7 but would like some feedback for the F-Type.

I would also like to take a look at the various MAPS and Torque settings from an R or SVR model.

Thanks
Darryl

Old 10-16-2019, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by djyankees31
Does anyone have any experience using HP Tuners on an F-Type?

I use it on the Chevrolet Corvette C7 but would like some feedback for the F-Type.

I would also like to take a look at the various MAPS and Torque settings from an R or SVR model.

Thanks
Darryl
If I’m not mistaken, HP tuners does not offer tunes but only the capability of editing maps yourself. I would submit, designing your own tune would be similar to undertaking a DIY prefrontal lobotomy unless you’ve been a professional tuner for the last few years with specific experience on the Jaguar platform.

The following users liked this post:
AlexKeyWest (10-16-2019)
Old 10-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
If I’m not mistaken, HP tuners does not offer tunes but only the capability of editing maps yourself. I would submit, designing your own tune would be similar to undertaking a DIY prefrontal lobotomy unless you’ve been a professional tuner for the last few years with specific experience on the Jaguar platform.
I know how to tune as I stated using HP Tuners on any Chevrolet Gen 3/4/5 ECM, TCM and CCM.

I am now interested in tuning a 2014 F-Type S V8 with the Hp Tuners I currently own but waiting to arrive.

So my question stands, has anyone used HP Tuners v2 module and software to tune a F-Type?

HP Tuners has a tune repository for customers to download stock tunes. I am a customer, but there isn't a Jaguar F-Type tune in the repository.

When my F-Type arrives next week, I'll start tuning it myself. However, if I had a stock tune from an R or SVR then I could do a compare and review the differences between the different models.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by djyankees31
I know how to tune as I stated using HP Tuners on any Chevrolet Gen 3/4/5 ECM, TCM and CCM.

I am now interested in tuning a 2014 F-Type S V8 with the Hp Tuners I currently own but waiting to arrive.

So my question stands, has anyone used HP Tuners v2 module and software to tune a F-Type?

HP Tuners has a tune repository for customers to download stock tunes. I am a customer, but there isn't a Jaguar F-Type tune in the repository.

When my F-Type arrives next week, I'll start tuning it myself. However, if I had a stock tune from an R or SVR then I could do a compare and review the differences between the different models.
Please keep us posted on your progress. My local performance tuner tried to enhance the tune but was unable to fully identify the significant maps to tweak among the hundreds that are in memory.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

As Unhingd mentioned, what you are planning is comparable to DIY lobotomy. Even if someone selling kits to do it, it might not be the best idea to follow through with it.

If you decide to proceed, please remember that there are multiple "parallel" maps. If you end up editing thermal safety map, your car won't be able to cope with heat issues.