F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I knew Jags had a reputation for electrical problems, but this is crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 04:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Our local BMW gives not as good service to those that haven't bought from them. Not a great way to gain future sales.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddy
I bought my car from another dealership (my local dealer didn't have the model I was looking for.) Do you think that would have any effect on getting decent service?
Don't expect to much sympathy from the GM if you purchased the car somewhere else. The reality is they will tend to prioritize the customer that is loyal to them first.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:27 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Actually, I think it varies. Many or most dealerships run service and sales as independent businesses. While the GM may favor sales customers, a good service manager knows that his business depends on how he treats customers and his business is less subject to economic cycles. My experiences in the last 10-15 years is that service departments do not really care where or when you bought your vehicle.

Larry

Old 07-26-2017, 07:18 AM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
Actually, I think it varies. Many or most dealerships run service and sales as independent businesses. While the GM may favor sales customers, a good service manager knows that his business depends on how he treats customers and his business is less subject to economic cycles. My experiences in the last 10-15 years is that service departments do not really care where or when you bought your vehicle.

Larry
Although I live in UK I tend to agree with Larry's view, also if you get good service from the service department, I guess that would influence some of us to consider buying our next car from the same dealership

Old 07-26-2017, 09:11 AM
Received 2,266 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Hmmm, it seems like my dealers down here don't know what customer service is. Does anybody have any ideas on what I can do?
See post #10.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_59
Although I live in UK I tend to agree with Larry's view, also if you get good service from the service department, I guess that would influence some of us to consider buying our next car from the same dealership
There's and adage in the car and boat businesses "The showroom sells the first one and the svc. dept. sells the rest."

Old 07-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Received 106 Likes on 51 Posts

I bought my car from another dealership (my local dealer didn't have the model I was looking for.) Do you think that would have any effect on getting decent service?
I take my car to a different dealer than where I bought my car. I've had decent service from the shop. I recently changed service advisors at the shop which made a big difference in how soon and how quickly the car gets done.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Oh yes, for sure.. this kind of wait for an obvious warranty item on a new purchase and possible safety issue.. They should be all over this.

Let us know how it goes.

I've got 3 jaguars right how, which totals 5 over the last 10 years and have not had any issues worth being concerned with and when I did have something like an update, my dealer was all over the situation with a loaner car as well.
Lawrence
It seems like they don't give a ****.

I called the two closest dealers to me. The first one said they wouldn't see it until 2 weeks from now, the other one said they wouldn't see it until 5 days from now. Neither of them will offer a loaner until I take it in, and they don't want to take it in until then. They were rather rude while on the phone as well. I couldn't accept that because I don't think its safe to drive the car in its current state. The rear and side visibility is really bad IMO and I need the blind spot assist and rear camera to safely drive the car on the freeway. I almost got into an accident the other day due to the blind spot assist suddenly not working.

I even called Jaguar NA corporate, and they just kept me on the phone for 1 hour without solving my problem. After being constantly interrupted and put on hold they finally said that they did a "courtesy call" to the second dealership and were able to accommodate me with the second dealer seeing me in 5 days. Which is what the dealer told me originally. I asked if I could speak to the supervisor and they said that the supervisor needs 48 hours to speak to anybody. (wtf???).

Honestly I'm super disappointed with Jaguar at the moment. Both the dealers, the corporate office, and the manufacturer. A new car that has safety problems after 4 days of ownership and nobody wants to take responsibility. I had a better customer service experience with my Lexus which in my eyes is a spruced up Toyota....

This is really screwed up.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I would ask them to take the car back and ask for a full refund
I had exactly the same problems with Porsche and would never buy another
How far is the dealer you brought it from you
My local service department is the best I have ever been to in Amersham uk but might take a bit long to ship over
Good luck

Old 07-26-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by nrwatson
I would ask them to take the car back and ask for a full refund
I had exactly the same problems with Porsche and would never buy another
How far is the dealer you brought it from you
My local service department is the best I have ever been to in Amersham uk but might take a bit long to ship over
Good luck
Who would I ask exactly? Jaguar Corporate? They don't seem interested to even pay for two days for a rental car. What a joke.

I have no problem with the dealership I got the car from, they are very nice and professional. The problem is they are located like 3 hours away, so I have to dedicate a whole day to go there and back. And I don't want to do that again.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

If you got good vibes from the dealer you bought it from, it might be worth calling them and speaking to your sales guy to explain the problem and ask them if they can think of a solution that doesn't involve a 6 hour round trip. They may be able to speak to Jaguar Corp on your behalf - sometimes having a dealer on your side helps.

Sorry to hear it is a bad first impression...

Old 07-26-2017, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by stmcknig
If you got good vibes from the dealer you bought it from, it might be worth calling them and speaking to your sales guy to explain the problem and ask them if they can think of a solution that doesn't involve a 6 hour round trip. They may be able to speak to Jaguar Corp on your behalf - sometimes having a dealer on your side helps.

Sorry to hear it is a bad first impression...
Hey there, thanks for the tip.

I already called them and they were very nice, but nothing could really be worked out.

I have to deal with the shitty dealerships in my area it seems.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:55 AM
Received 681 Likes on 490 Posts

I have noted that, in some dealerships, they have issues servicing cars that they didn't sell. It isn't really brand related, depends on the owner and they aren't supposed to do this but people are people. The part they think you need could also just be in short supply. One of the initial problems I had took a couple months to get sorted as Jaguar had redesigned the part but hadn't yet produced it.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:10 AM

Part of this thread touches on wait times for service. I have visited 3 different dealerships and none of them can "take me tomorrow". They seem to have managed their business planning to require considerable advance booking. In one instance I just stopped by because advance phone calls discouraged me from even trying to see them. I have no idea whether they are staying busy with preventative service or whether there are just a lot of broken Jags out there. I do know that my local Chevy dealer gets my vehicles in for service much more quickly.
Larry

Old 07-27-2017, 11:44 AM

Part of this thread touches on wait times for service. I have visited 3 different dealerships and none of them can "take me tomorrow". They seem to have managed their business planning to require considerable advance booking. In one instance I just stopped by because advance phone calls discouraged me from even trying to see them. I have no idea whether they are staying busy with preventative service or whether there are just a lot of broken Jags out there. I do know that my local Chevy dealer gets my vehicles in for service much more quickly.
Larry
It is very disappointing that I got 3x better service on my Lexus than I did on my Jaguar that costs twice what the Lexus was. In one instance I had an issue and I called Lexus corporate, and they did everything they could to fix the problem and maintain their good reputation.... And one customer is much less valuable to Lexus compared to Jaguar, yet they still do their best to keep you happy.

I can't understand why they think its better to further **** off a brand new customer as apposed to providing a rental car for 3 days and maybe sending a $4 hat and t-shirt in the mail. That's literally all they have to do to keep a customer happy.

Am I the only one that thinks its unacceptable that a brand new car is having major problems 3 days after it was bought? I'd expect Jaguar to be all over this to ensure they don't lose a customer, but it seems like they honestly don't give a ****. How sad... I initially really liked this brand.

Last edited by bigdaddy; 07-27-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:58 AM

My only experience with corporate was totally unsatisfactory. My closest dealership(2.5 hours away) has been responsive, but not up to what I would expect from a $100,000+ car. I just enjoy the car and hope I don't have to go back for service more than once per year. I have to say that the distant Porsche and Mercedes dealers were even worse. On the other hand, I really do love my local Chevy dealership. Maybe I will need to go back to a Corvette....
Larry

Old 07-27-2017, 12:01 PM

My only experience with corporate was totally unsatisfactory. My closest dealership(2.5 hours away) has been responsive, but not up to what I would expect from a $100,000+ car. I just enjoy the car and hope I don't have to go back for service more than once per year. I have to say that the distant Porsche and Mercedes dealers were even worse. On the other hand, I really do love my local Chevy dealership. Maybe I will need to go back to a Corvette....
Larry
Dealerships can be junk at times, that is kinda normal to expect. But I'm sure if you called Porsche and Mercedes corporate.. You would get at least some sort of help.

The people on Jaguar customer service tell me that I need to wait 24 hours before speaking to a manager. And when I call back to speak to the manager they tell me no ticket was created to speak to a manager and that I need to wait another 24 hours. What the hell is this?

Old 07-27-2017, 12:02 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Call Jaguar in Chantilly Virginia (should be about 2 hours from you or less) ask to speak to Caroline Germain. Tell her the guy with 4 Jaguars sent you! they have been very good and i have not bought any of mine from them!

bob

Old 07-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

You've seen my past posts where I book my car in (so I can get a loaner) but my dealer may not work on my car for another couple of days after. However, I have noticed that they seem to have some unallocated hours on the books for drive ins. I've just dropped in on them with a problem for them to at least take an initial look at. Maybe instead of phoning ahead you should just swing by and kind of drop it in their lap so to speak...

But even my Audi shop used to be booked out a week or so for "routine" stuff so I don't think it's a reflection on how many broken Jaguars or specifically a Jaguar thing. Although my service writer is always telling me they don't have enough mechanics.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Jag corporate customer service is next to useless as it is a 3rd party outsourced service. They know little and usually accomplish less. On the other hand, my dealer, ja of West Columbia, MD had been incredibly helpful. They usually offer up a JLR product as a loaner and provide an Enterprise car from down the street if they are out of cars. For non-critical service they get me in within 2-3 days and offered immediate assistance late on a Saturday afternoon when I had a sudden clutch failure. The GM even gave me the keys to his personal company car to get me around the rest of that weekend. RickyJay attests to the superlative service he receives from Scarborough Jag who even contributes to our Lobster Runs. It's unfortunate that JNA does not insist on a culture of excellent Jag customer service, but it does exist out there.