F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I knew Jags had a reputation for electrical problems, but this is crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

My Jaguar dealer, Metro West, has been excellent as well concerning any service related issues.

It must be frustrating to end up with a dealer that is below par although the original situation that the op mentions would not have caused me a whole lot of concern personally as I would have been ok to wait; anything more than a few days wait for service is too long for those that need more immediate attention.
Lawrence

Old 07-28-2017, 01:53 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I made a post on reddit about it, and it is blowing up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen..._2_days_after/

I hope somebody from Jaguar calls me and helps me out. I'm tired of sweating my *** off with no A/C. Somebody that buys a luxury car shouldn't have to deal with these problems imo.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddy
I called the dealer and they first said that they would not be able to take my car for 3 weeks. They then said that they won't be able to give me a loaner until 3 weeks from now if I bring it in....

Is that normal? This is really inconvenient.

I got it from a dealership in Richmond, VA.
I feel for you, my local dealer here was always weeks away from looking at my F-type too, ;(

Old 06-09-2022, 10:41 PM
bwc
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Camera system fault / other electrical gremlins

Originally Posted by bigdaddy
Hey guys,

3rd day driving a brand new F-Type and on the way to work the AC cuts off, the screen goes black, and the blindspot / camera system stops working.

On my screen it says "Camera system fault". It came back a couple times and then shut off again, it works whenever it feels like it. Restarting the car doesn't fix it either.

Anybody experience this? Any quick fix or do I need to take it to the dealer? I'm assuming it will be covered under warranty so I won't have to pay and can expect a loaner car?

I have this exact problem with my 2016 f-type R. Dealership has it for the third time and hasn’t figured out yet the problem. What was your ‘fix’?