F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I knew Jags had a reputation for electrical problems, but this is crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017 | 07:19 AM
Veteran Member

My Jaguar dealer, Metro West, has been excellent as well concerning any service related issues.

It must be frustrating to end up with a dealer that is below par although the original situation that the op mentions would not have caused me a whole lot of concern personally as I would have been ok to wait; anything more than a few days wait for service is too long for those that need more immediate attention.
Lawrence

Old 07-28-2017 | 01:53 PM
|

I made a post on reddit about it, and it is blowing up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen..._2_days_after/

I hope somebody from Jaguar calls me and helps me out. I'm tired of sweating my *** off with no A/C. Somebody that buys a luxury car shouldn't have to deal with these problems imo.

Old 07-28-2017 | 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by bigdaddy
I called the dealer and they first said that they would not be able to take my car for 3 weeks. They then said that they won't be able to give me a loaner until 3 weeks from now if I bring it in....

Is that normal? This is really inconvenient.

I got it from a dealership in Richmond, VA.
I feel for you, my local dealer here was always weeks away from looking at my F-type too, ;(

Old 06-09-2022 | 10:41 PM
bwc
Default Camera system fault / other electrical gremlins

Originally Posted by bigdaddy
Hey guys,

3rd day driving a brand new F-Type and on the way to work the AC cuts off, the screen goes black, and the blindspot / camera system stops working.

On my screen it says "Camera system fault". It came back a couple times and then shut off again, it works whenever it feels like it. Restarting the car doesn't fix it either.

Anybody experience this? Any quick fix or do I need to take it to the dealer? I'm assuming it will be covered under warranty so I won't have to pay and can expect a loaner car?

I have this exact problem with my 2016 f-type R. Dealership has it for the third time and hasn’t figured out yet the problem. What was your ‘fix’?