F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know I should not complain -- but

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 05:21 AM
Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by MajorTom
As others said, the spec and engine makes a huge difference in the F-Pace, just like in other Jag models. Back in 2016 when the F-Pace was released I had a totally loaded First Edition S as a loaner for a week and was pretty impressed although SUVs leave me cold and although I was used to my top of the range specced XFS Portfolio.

I remember that I was especially surprised by its sharp handling which probably was thanks to its 22" wheels. Build quality wasn't great though... rattly interior and ICTP was glitchy.

I recently also took the master tech of my supplying dealer for a ride to listen to the diff in my F-Type, we had a long chat about different Jags and he described those early F-Paces as total junk that was rushed out of the factory with faults every single one of them. Looks like they shaped up a bit since then. Although it's nice and brings in some cash to JLR I always considered it as one of those cars that Jaguar never should have built. JLR should leave SUVs to Land Rover and I hope that's part of the reimagine plan.
That is an excellent photo with that blue contrasting against the background of the trees coated in hoar frost and the fall leaves on the ground.

The following users liked this post:
MajorTom (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 05:49 PM
Received 140 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Back in 1988, I bought a brand new Jaguar XJ6 in Dorchester Grey (Mulberry interior) which—believe it or not—was a trouble-free and in my opinion gorgeous car. I recall being invited to a focus group (which included a splendid lunch and maybe even a few $) shortly thereafter with the “focus” being whether Jaguar should venture into the SUV business. We all know how ubiquitous, and profitable, SUV’s have become—at one point I even had a Ford Explorer when I owned my first house—but I was in the majority firmly against Jaguar entering into that type of vehicle.
Wow, that's interesting that they actually considered going into the SUV market that long ago. Would have been a much more odd move back then but I can totally understand that they did it with the F-Pace although I don't think they should have.

Old 12-18-2021, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Fireze22
Oh had no idea! I'm still new to all things Jag, but it sure is gorgeous!
Honestly, I think very few cars are truly worth $100k, but that's just the world we live in today!
True. My F-Type had a similar sticker price and that feels a bit more reasonable than the F-Pace since the F-Pace mainly felt like just an X260 XF Sportbrake on stilts with an upgraded XE interior.

Old 12-18-2021, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
Had a '17 F Pace S for a few years and traded it for a '20 F Pace SVR. They both have adaptive suspension and neither felt soft. The SVR is something like 20% stiffer though and handles very well, not to mention those 550 HP. Of course it doesn't handle like my F Type, but then again it is a heavy SUV. I don't mind "having" to drive it at all though. The '21+ interiors have been renewed, but our '20 has a nicer interior than my F Type with the diamond quilting and alcantara headliner.
Yeah, have to agree that the F-Pace SVR has a really nice interior. Sat around in one last time my F-Type was in for a service and was a bit surprised to see that it had the same magnesium based performance seats that my F-Type, that were introduced with the MY18 F-Type facelift.