Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wrapped my F Type S Coupe...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 08:05 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by CKW
It was HKD26,000 = USD3,333 = GBP2,619

To put it in perspective this F type S was around HKD1,700,000 before discount, which is around USD218,000 = GBP170,000. Cars here in Hong Kong are subject to a 100% tax and are just generally so effing expensive.

So the wrap was only a fraction of what the car was. I've looked around quickly and in the US I think a wrap would be around USD2-4k or thereabouts.

So, not too cheap but I think worth it since it gave my car the look I wanted!
Holy *****, Batman! For that kind of $$, it should come with a valet.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:05 PM
Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

For that type of money it should just be a Ferrari :P

Old 07-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

Think I'll stay here in S.W. Fla. where prem. gas goes for the exorb. amt. of $2.23 today.
The satin black is very impressive. That is what is great about our F-Types, we can personalize as we want and still be in the Jag genre.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayt2
Here in the Inland Empire, "premium" gazz is $2.85--$2.90 /gal..
Originally Posted by SamtheSham
Think I'll stay here in S.W. Fla. where prem. gas goes for the exorb. amt. of $2.23 today.
The satin black is very impressive. That is what is great about our F-Types, we can personalize as we want and still be in the Jag genre.

Nice, wish it was that cheap here, especially since my MPG average is in the low teens....

Old 07-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

Yes but, your income is a bit different. Around here, most residents average age is 93, and and are on S.S. H.K. is a bit different. We have our good points just as you do. Every area does, you just have to make the best of where you are.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrap

Originally Posted by CKW
First of all, putting vinyl wrap on an F type: you either hate it or love it (or so I heard)...

Anyway, I got my F Type brand new at my local dealer (here in HK) and it was on display and heavily discounted. Loads of options too. But it was in white and although white was super nice I always wanted to it in black with red interior. So I ended up getting it wrapped in Satin Black

I browsed these forums for a bit and there wasn't much info on wrapping an F Type so I just wanted to share how it looks wrapped.

So here's what I did:
- full wrap in Satin black
- dechromed/chrome delete (i.e. I did not have the black pack so the side vent and windows frame were originally in chrome but I got it wrapped in gloss black
- debadged the back, leaving only the jumping cat logo on the trunk lid. The chrome cat was done in black with red eyes

All in all, I'm quite happy with the results. I think the satin black contrasts quite well with the original gloss black top and rear diffuser as well as the newly wrapped side vents and windows frame.

Anyway, enjoy the photos!

Picking up my car

Did a quick rinse

debadged everything and left a black jumping cat on the boot lid

white and yellow lights have completely different effect on satin

in parking lot with white light

satin/vinyl seem to make many water droplets

this side vent was originally chrome so I had it wrapped in gloss black, with 'Jaguar' left in chrome

apparently the largest vinyl sheet isn't big enough to cover the hood in one piece so they had to use multiple pieces, and they did it so the border of the different pieces followed the contour of the middle bulgey bit
Looks sick!!! Did you use 3M wrap? Thank you

Old 05-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

very nice

Old 05-09-2019, 07:50 AM
Tel
Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

Not a fan of matte/satin finishes as it seems to take away the lines of the car. Yours however under artificial lighting, looks great.

It's going to get hot in HK!

Any pictures of the car under normal sunlight/natural light conditions?

Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matte black/silver are definitely "coming back," but the problem is, if you get sick of them....a wrap is a great way to "borrow" these unconventional styles. Way to go!