F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideas for mounting thr hidden radar heads int he front and back of F Type 2017 SVR

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 07:09 PM
Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Ideas for mounting thr hidden radar heads int he front and back of F Type 2017 SVR

Purchased the The Radenso Remote unit radarlaser system and I am currently looking for the proper places to mount the front and rear radar units where they are totally hidden. Anyone currently running this setup that could share where they mounted their units? I unfortunately wasted a lot of money buying the glass mount before realizing the special thermabolic glass in the F Type wipes out 50% or more of the range.
Thanks, Brent Day

Old 02-18-2022, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by bhdau1
Purchased the The Radenso Remote unit radarlaser system and I am currently looking for the proper places to mount the front and rear radar units where they are totally hidden. Anyone currently running this setup that could share where they mounted their units? I unfortunately wasted a lot of money buying the glass mount before realizing the special thermabolic glass in the F Type wipes out 50% or more of the range.
Thanks, Brent Day
Have the Callibre' Front/Rear Radar and Laser in my 997 Turbo. Not the same system as yours...But front Laser is behind grille as they have to be line of site. Front and Rear Radar sensors are in the sides of the front and rear bumper covers, and indicator pods are located on dash, and look like OEM blinker indicators. So I would say you can pull off front and rear bumper covers and adhere the radar sensors there and the Laser behind the grille. Works perfect on the 911.

Good luck.

DC

Example on an F-Type:

Last edited by Therock88; 02-18-2022 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2022, 02:55 PM
Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
Have the Callibre' Front/Rear Radar and Laser in my 997 Turbo. Not the same system as yours...But front Laser is behind grille as they have to be line of site. Front and Rear Radar sensors are in the sides of the front and rear bumper covers, and indicator pods are located on dash, and look like OEM blinker indicators. So I would say you can pull off front and rear bumper covers and adhere the radar sensors there and the Laser behind the grille. Works perfect on the 911.

Good luck.

DC

Example on an F-Type:
Thank you for the recommendations. I was a little worried about how ffset the radar receivers would be but according to the instructions as long as they are flush against the surface where they are mounted on the signal strength should still be good. It did specifically say not to mount the radar units behind the grill as the pattern would throw it off. Im not sure thats the case with the laser shifters however so hopefully that works. The Radenso unit comes with a interface control that controls everything that I also have to have a mounting point for. looking for oem look obviously. There seems to some companies out there making laser printed windshield pods that mount up to the left the of the rear view mirror that I might utilize for that. Only one way to get it done I guess, and that's getting after it with some tools and guts and see what happens....