Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 09:33 PM
Received 320 Likes on 206 Posts

Motor mount?.

Old 06-18-2024, 05:53 AM
Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Valerie Stabenow
Motor mount?.
Not sure what the odds are on a 2024, but I suppose anything is possible. The fact that others with V8s are chiming in with similar is starting to make me thinking it may be characteristic.

The following users liked this post:
Atipical (06-19-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 07:44 PM

Interestingly enough I almost feel this may have improved to the point where it does not seem to happen anymore. Perhaps it was related to break-in or something?

I’m still keeping an eye on it, but it feels like it has changed towards not doing it now. That’s my feeling.

Old 08-16-2024, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMeister
I'll ask it in a simpler way:

Does anybody on here ever feel any sensation of a small shake in their seat ever with their F-type? Or is your seat always completely dead? I'm just trying to assess whether my expectations are wrong.

Found this link on here that seems to sound kinda similar for some guy (mind you he seems to suggest his is more noticeable than just in the seat), and the thread seems to go in the direction of others saying they experience similar, that it can be normal with the engine, etc... -->

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...anyone-263840/

I opened the hood today with it running after taking it for a run. Everything sounds smooth to my untrained ear. Nothing visibly shaking in there, I put my hand on the engine while its running and do feel a small bit of vibration.

The RPMs don't move at all on the tac, and I don't see or feel shaking anywhere else. Just ever so slightly and occasionally on the seat. I sat in the passenger seat and it was probably about the same.

It's very infrequent I'd say in terms of my experiencing it in the seat, not consistent. Certainly not sitting there shaking the seat all the time kinda thing, that's for sure.

No lights on the dash etc...

I've yet to get a code reader so I don't really know if any "silent codes" are getting thrown...

I removed the Claws Out Mode exhaust mod setup I installed very recently as well. Unlikely that this would have anything to do with it, I know, but I put it back stock just in case it could have been playing in. It still seems to happen with that stuff not in the picture, so that rules that out.
On a cold start, yes I do feel a subtle intermittent vibration in the seat like the engine mounts are going bad or something. But then I remember this is a 550hp supercharged V8 animal and just wants to be let loose...

Old 08-16-2024, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by mrlooneytoon
On a cold start, yes I do feel a subtle intermittent vibration in the seat like the engine mounts are going bad or something. But then I remember this is a 550hp supercharged V8 animal and just wants to be let loose...
Yeah, that still remains. My most recent comments were referring to improvements outside of that.

It is an animal. Of that there is no doubt ;-0