F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if i want update to a R exhaust from my v6

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 01:11 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
+1. However, it has the sweet harmonics of the V6 with more of the decibels, burbles and backfires than the V8. There is a reason that they routed the loud mode through the muffler on the V6 and didn't have to on the V8.
This is spot on. This past weekend I took my Jaguar Sales Rep out for a spin in my car with the R exhaust and he couldn't believe how good it sounded. It's all subjective but it really is a great setup.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by devmen
Definitely considering this for looks, but from my research the R exhaust makes the V6 sound meaner .

https://youtu.be/RpODNqhUoug

@Stuart@VelocityAP , definitely considering a tune down the road to actually make mine meaner ��
The videos do not do this exhaust justice! You really can't go wrong with the OEM V8 R exhuast or the VelocityAP V8 R exhaust on these V6's.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:36 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

How does the inside of the R rear muffler differ from that of the V6? I think we've all seen the inside of the V6 muffler from the cutaway picture, not sure I recall seeing one for the V8. Where does the deeper tone come from?

Old 07-24-2018, 04:42 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Old 07-24-2018, 05:04 PM
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

ok from the pic of the last post (alphakinase)

i mean is easy to replace the vaacuum control from v6 to v8 exhaust ?

Old 07-24-2018, 05:12 PM

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...my2016-137349/

i find this

for look the differences

question is the button "exhaust" on the console is connected to the exhaust (that i want to swap) or not ?

Old 07-24-2018, 05:17 PM

" the only significant modification needed for this swap would be rerouting the vacuum tubing for the valves"

this is what i need to do

Old 07-26-2018, 10:43 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You all are probably going to kill me for this. Since my F type is my first car and I have zero experience working on a car, where would you guys recommend getting this type of swap done? I called a couple of body shops and none seem to have extensive experience with F types. Would a dealer do this?

Old 07-26-2018, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

You all are probably going to kill me for this. Since my F type is my first car and I have zero experience working on a car, where would you guys recommend getting this type of swap done? I called a couple of body shops and none seem to have extensive experience with F types. Would a dealer do this?
A dealer would be capable, but might not be willing to do it. If they are, they would probably insist that you buy the parts from them at retail. Very expensive. Buying the parts used or new online would be much more affordable. Any decent mechanic should be able to easily complete this job as long as they have all the right parts (valance pieces, rear fog lamps, muffler). It's a very easy project.

Where are you located? Someone on the forum may have a recommendation for you.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:58 PM

Where are you located? Someone on the forum may have a recommendation for you.
I'm in California, Bay Area.

A dealer would be capable, but might not be willing to do it. If they are, they would probably insist that you buy the parts from them at retail. Very expensive. Buying the parts used or new online would be much more affordable. Any decent mechanic should be able to easily complete this job as long as they have all the right parts (valance pieces, rear fog lamps, muffler). It's a very easy project.
Alot of the mechanics I talked to seemed like they can do they work (they asked the right questions). It makes me feel better if a mechanic work on the F type before, or best really likes the F type. I also forgot to mention that mine is CPO, so probably dealers are not willing to do it because it would be on them if something goes wrong.

Thanks Unhingd!

Old 07-26-2018, 02:33 PM

If you were closer to me in Orange County, I would be happy to assist you. Like Unhingd stated, the swap is actually very easy if you have all of the parts ready to go. A lift will also make the job 10x easier but it's not mandatory. I'd rate the overall ease of install a 5 out of 10.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by FR500GT
If you were closer to me in Orange County, I would be happy to assist you. Like Unhingd stated, the swap is actually very easy if you have all of the parts ready to go. A lift will also make the job 10x easier but it's not mandatory. I'd rate the overall ease of install a 5 out of 10.

That's super nice of you! I'll have to take you up on that one day (worth a mini vacation down in LA). Your build is absolutely stunning. Eventually I'll want the P7 Grill, side sills, and R exhaust on my storm gray F Type similar to yours. Silver was actually my first choice but couldn't find one CPO.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:47 PM

That's super nice of you! I'll have to take you up on that one day (worth a mini vacation down in LA). Your build is absolutely stunning. Eventually I'll want the P7 Grill, side sills, and R exhaust on my storm gray F Type similar to yours. Silver was actually my first choice but couldn't find one CPO.
Thanks man! My R exhaust is most likely going to be for sale next month if I move forward with the GT3 Challenge project. If so, and you’re interested, I can help you install it at my shop so all you would need is to provide the rear valance/diffuser. Just throwing it out there.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by FR500GT

Thanks man! My R exhaust is most likely going to be for sale next month if I move forward with the GT3 Challenge project. If so, and you’re interested, I can help you install it at my shop so all you would need is to provide the rear valance/diffuser. Just throwing it out there.
What an offer. Because of the crack in my bumper, I am prioritizing $$ to repair that. I would totally come down and take you up on that offer, just not this soon. If you did hold onto it, I might be able to get it in winter. For the other parts, would you be able to be willing to help me find the necessary parts if we go through with it? Would be super cool if I can help out with the work too. As I mentioned I am super new to all this.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:09 PM
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Holy cow !! @$900 i need to sell the 3 R and 1 v6 active exhaust i have sitting in the corner of my shop.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutal
Holy cow !! @$900 i need to sell the 3 R and 1 v6 active exhaust i have sitting in the corner of my shop.
Dave (DJS),
Here's an opportunity to replace that squeaky active exhaust you have. It's a simple R&R.

Lance