F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incentives on nearly two-year old never-titleds?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by mbelanger
No, not that one. Although that one is a touch younger...

While the pricing is similar, cannot bring myself to like the red interior. Unlike the 1800S I learned to drive stick with many moons ago, there is just too much surface area in the interior...personal preference.
Fair point although not as red as one I saw where the dash was also red....in the photos it tends to be brighter (I had Red/Black in my XFR and was relieved that the candy apple effect was caused by the camera.)

Old 07-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

The one that is the subject of this thread has a 30xxx VIN. So, does that put it in the 'safe' range?
Possibly, but the only way to know is to test drive it. If it has 'comfortable' clutch it is old part, if it has hard clutch feel with near-floor uptake point then it is newer clutch. You can't possibly confuse the two, if your first thought "oh it is easy and comfortable to drive" it is bad clutch.

JLR will replace old clutch with minimal questions if you tell them it is slipping at full throttle shifts. If you drive bad clutch gently is works fine, it only slips when you push the car.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
JLR will replace old clutch with minimal questions if you tell them it is slipping at full throttle shifts. If you drive bad clutch gently is works fine, it only slips when you push the car.
+1. Don't hold off getting a good deal on an older model Year car because of the clutch. Jag will make it right

Old 07-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Oh the ironies...bank won't even consider lease on a NEW 2016 but WILL do a lease on a CPO 2016. They apparently are oblivious to the legal fiction they are encouraging...

Old 07-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Ironic? I thought you were going to make a comment about the level of intellect in commercial banking.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
You may want to see if the warranty clock has started to tick as it may be a new car but it probably been punched. These cars were known as ghosts. If I remember correctly the clock starts after a year in dealer stock.
talk about a ghost,
i just picked up a 2014 V8S convertible from a jag dealer in southern CA (found it online) with 707 miles, never titled but has an in service date. seems it might have been an executive car. they CPO'd it. MSRP was $103845.00 and out the door for me was $59K with more options than i hoped for.

The following 3 users liked this post by jimishooch:
Burt Gummer (10-29-2017), JagRag (10-29-2017), ndabunka (07-08-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I've been finding about 25% off sticker for 2016 base (340 hp) with manual trans including premium and vision packs. Upgraded interiors on a few.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting posts! You would think a dealer would do anythng to get dead cash off their lot (2016 crs) that continue to loose value and are a chalenge to finance.

mbellanger: you have banks that will do a lease on CPO? My local Jag dealer would not.

El Gato: that's a great price! I wonder if they will also apply the Jaguar Club discount as well.

jimismooch: AWESOME deal!

Old 07-12-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by pjr300
Interesting posts! You would think a dealer would do anythng to get dead cash off their lot (2016 crs) that continue to loose value and are a chalenge to finance.

mbelanger: you have banks that will do a lease on CPO? My local Jag dealer would not.
From what they indicated, it appears that USBank was willing to do it...

Old 07-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

What is the Jaguar club discount?

Old 07-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I've seen a 2016 F Type R for sale with 12K miles for under 70K recently, if that helps...

Old 07-13-2017, 08:49 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by El Gato
What is the Jaguar club discount?
JCNA often offers significant discounts ($3K?) on new purchases, but you have to have been a JCNA member for 6 months. I would suspect it's only available on current MYs, but this is just a guest.

Here's an older post related to it. You could PM George Camp - he's a bigwig at JCNA.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...counts-161446/

Old 10-29-2017, 09:34 AM

Resurrecting this one from the grave...am waiting for finalized financing tomorrow. Drove out yesterday so I could finally get seat time in it. At the beginning of the test drive, it was still under 300 miles on the clock. I indicated the number I was comfortable at and they accepted almost without batting an eye...which told me there was money left on the table. BUT, if I make an offer I am happy with and they say OK, then I cannot beat myself up too much. We did paperwork but it was getting to be really late in the afternoon by the time it was sent to financing (I had not intended to do finance paperwork yesterday or I would have planned to get there earlier).

If all goes well, they have offered to transport it to me (flatbed) so I don't have to go back out. They had offered a temp tag for the F-Type and then transport what I drove out there (my '03 X-Type manual), but if something fell through on financing, then they have a 2016 with almost an extra thousand miles before all was said and done. That wouldn't really be fair to the next person...

Am reluctant to discuss specific numbers, but suffice it to say there was room to work with below what was on the website...and it was already close to $20K off MRSP. If it works out, then I will post more specific information for the end of year data point discussions...

The following users liked this post:
JagRag (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

Resurrecting this one from the grave...am waiting for finalized financing tomorrow. Drove out yesterday so I could finally get seat time in it. At the beginning of the test drive, it was still under 300 miles on the clock. I indicated the number I was comfortable at and they accepted almost without batting an eye...which told me there was money left on the table. BUT, if I make an offer I am happy with and they say OK, then I cannot beat myself up too much. We did paperwork but it was getting to be really late in the afternoon by the time it was sent to financing (I had not intended to do finance paperwork yesterday or I would have planned to get there earlier).

If all goes well, they have offered to transport it to me (flatbed) so I don't have to go back out. They had offered a temp tag for the F-Type and then transport what I drove out there (my '03 X-Type manual), but if something fell through on financing, then they have a 2016 with almost an extra thousand miles before all was said and done. That wouldn't really be fair to the next person...

Am reluctant to discuss specific numbers, but suffice it to say there was room to work with below what was on the website...and it was already close to $20K off MRSP. If it works out, then I will post more specific information for the end of year data point discussions...
Congrats - Manual or auto, coupe of ragtop & what color?

Old 10-29-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Congrats - Manual or auto, coupe of ragtop & what color?
manual, coupe...ultimate black. 305 miles on the clock after the test drive...

JagRag (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

manual, coupe...ultimate black. 305 miles on the clock after the test drive...
Nice & good to see it's not the silver ragtop I was looking at..

JagRag (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 03:24 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by marcw
i hear ya. I wanted a manual as well, but after reading about all the clutch issues I changed my mind.
Me too. If I had the choice, I'd shy away from it too after seeing some of the threads here. My other car is a manual, but the ZF is quite nice.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 589 Likes on 402 Posts

If anything goes wrong (or if others are still looking), Flow Jaguar in Greensboro has a leftover red MY16 "S" MT with under 1,000 miles on the clock. The web price is $66k which is a good starting point. I believe it's the same one they had on the lot when we went to get information on the F-Pace in early 2016, so they're should be motivated.

Personally, I've been extraordinarily happy with the ZF, but the people I know who have gotten the MT have been very happy with it (at least, post correction by JLR).

Old 10-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by uncheel
... but the people I know who have gotten the MT have been very happy with it (at least, post correction by JLR).
Yes indeed. And it's especially sweet with the short-shifter.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:54 PM

So it's in my possession now...transporter dropped it early this morning.

For the data point, this was a 2016, never titled, never in service and with 305 miles on the odometer at the time of sale. Negotiated price before TT&L is $60K. Original sticker was just shy of $92K. No trades on the deal...

Since the weather is sort of crappy today, I elected not to drive it to the office. I would rather have some time to go through the manual and make sure I know how the critical stuff functions before dealing with rush hour traffic the morning after a World Series win...

The following 3 users liked this post by mbelanger:
JagRag (11-02-2017), Jim F (11-03-2017), SinF (11-02-2017)