F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Income for F-type R...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TR64ever
So you have a commitment problem: don't keep cars or friends for very long.

I would think as a financial advisor you would be into long term (client) relationships. I treasure long term friends and relationships and clients. I thing most of us bought the F-Type with our hearts, not our logical brains. We are in love with them.

Look at it as an advertising expense...
Definitly a car commitment issue, I believe I am at or close to 25 cars for the past 20 years....typically I can make it about 2yrs before I need to mix it up.

As for the commitment to friends....I am not sure what you getting at....My comment about "virtual friends" and "internet points" was directed to the members that felt insults and sarcasm were the best way to contribute to the thread.

It was my way of saying that insults typed from semi-anonymous sources, in an Internet forum, make me chuckle more than they offend.

The following 2 users liked this post by 084runnerltd:
Mbourne (06-02-2016), slojotaa (06-06-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by 084runnerltd
Definitly a car commitment issue, I believe I am at or close to 25 cars for the past 20 years....typically I can make it about 2yrs before I need to mix it up.

As for the commitment to friends....I am not sure what you getting at....My comment about "virtual friends" and "internet points" was directed to the members that felt insults and sarcasm were the best way to contribute to the thread.

It was my way of saying that insults typed from semi-anonymous sources, in an Internet forum, make me chuckle more than they offend.
I share your car commitment issues. My wife and I have gone through 10 cars in 10 years between the two of us. It's part of the reason I lease almost always. The FTYPE is the exception to that rule with me. I'm stunned by how much I love this car. I don't know if it's a forever kind of love but it's one hot romance for the foreseeable future.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mbourne
I share your car commitment issues. My wife and I have gone through 10 cars in 10 years between the two of us. It's part of the reason I lease almost always. The FTYPE is the exception to that rule with me. I'm stunned by how much I love this car. I don't know if it's a forever kind of love but it's one hot romance for the foreseeable future.
Nice to hear their are others with commitment issues . Hopefully the f-type can keep your commitment strong!

Old 06-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

YOLO! seriously though...

Old 06-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Just one voice, but I found your question thoughtful and relevant to the forum. While Jaguar would like all buyers to leap emotionally into a purchase to maximize its addressable market, you represent a totally reasonable customer journey which many (but not all) F-Type buyers have.

Of course there will be folks earning much less who are willing to make irresponsible or simply "enthusiast" decisions (because they love cars) to buy an F-Type. But I think it's sensible to query the community here about affordability relative to income and net worth, because this is a thread that other buyers may find quite useful.
Glad you asked.

LobsterClaws (06-10-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by schraderade
Just one voice, but I found your question thoughtful and relevant to the forum. While Jaguar would like all buyers to leap emotionally into a purchase to maximize its addressable market, you represent a totally reasonable customer journey which many (but not all) F-Type buyers have.
Yes, but... a "financial planner" asking a random group of strangers whether he can afford to buy a car that he can pay for out of his paycheck within 4-6 months seems a bit disingenuous. Something else is going on here. Sorry, couldn't hold back any longer.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:03 AM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

How much longer can this thread go on?

Unhingd (06-10-2016)
Old 02-11-2021, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years late to this party, but I just read all of that and have to ask, did you like and get the car? Did you end up liking it enough to hold onto it for more than 2-3 years? Really enjoyed reading this thread

Old 02-11-2021, 01:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Could not bring myself to read this long post, just wondered whether the OP ever worked out he probably needed another car in addition to the F-Type R, for back-up in bad weather?
I wonder if he figured in the cost of 2 vehicles?

Old 02-11-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Used F Type Fan
Years late to this party, but I just read all of that and have to ask, did you like and get the car? Did you end up liking it enough to hold onto it for more than 2-3 years? Really enjoyed reading this thread

Ya, this thread has been alive a while.

I never ended up buying a F-type R, I rented one and liked it, but never pulled the trigger.

As for a garage update, I took delivery of a 21’ G550 about a month ago, have a 2020 Supra sitting in the garage, and got an X5M for the wife. (Not sure if I had that when I originally posted the thread.

I think after those 3 most recent car purchases, I have overcome my sticker shock hesitations. I just try not to think that I prolly should have purchased a rental property vs buying the G. Lol

Anyway, I hope everyone on here is enjoying their F-types, definitely a fun car.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Yes, but... a "financial planner" asking a random group of strangers whether he can afford to buy a car that he can pay for out of his paycheck within 4-6 months seems a bit disingenuous. Something else is going on here. Sorry, couldn't hold back any longer.
Sorry you took it that way, it was not my intent. I have no social media accounts, I am not looking for likes, or views, or anything like that.

I knew that I could financially afford the car and that wasn’t what my question to the group was meant to be. It was more about mindset of spending this much on a car and to gathers others input.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ya, this thread has been alive a while.

I never ended up buying a F-type R, I rented one and liked it, but never pulled the trigger.

As for a garage update, I took delivery of a 21’ G550 about a month ago, have a 2020 Supra sitting in the garage, and got an X5M for the wife. (Not sure if I had that when I originally posted the thread.

I think after those 3 most recent car purchases, I have overcome my sticker shock hesitations. I just try not to think that I prolly should have purchased a rental property vs buying the G. Lol

Anyway, I hope everyone on here is enjoying their F-types, definitely a fun car.
Wow, fast response, thanks! You have some great taste in vehicles. Enjoy!

Old 02-11-2021, 04:52 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Something not right about this thread, there seems to be several lately. But I will add, If you don’t make at least $750k/year, you can’t afford an F type!

Old 02-11-2021, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

I totally agree. We do not want poor people moving into the area with their Jag F-Types!!

Madscott (02-12-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 08:59 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

My grandfather used to say that if you're afraid to put your fender on some ******* that's trying to cut you off, you can't afford the car! He could have easily afforded and Cadillac, but drove a Buick instead ( with mangled fenders).

If you're not comfortable driving a $110K new car for whatever reason, get something else. Has little to do with income or net worth in my opinion....

Old 02-12-2021, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Madscott
Something not right about this thread, there seems to be several lately. But I will add, If you don’t make at least $750k/year, you can’t afford an F type!
You must be referring to HK$.

Burt Gummer (02-14-2021)