F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment related issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Infotainment related issues

First off, I've got a 2016 F-Type S Coupe (w/upgraded Meridian system). I'm having the following issues (not sure if related):
  1. Music/radio stops, cell phone bluetooth disconnects and navigation stops working all at the same time. This usually happens near the start of the drive and occasionally throughout the drive.
  2. HD radio signal cuts out constantly (every few seconds at it's worst). I usually just disable HD radio as it's extremely annoying. Don't have this problem in my other car with HD radio so I don't think it's a weak signal issue.
  3. Radio fade/volume randomly changes. This is different from the volume changing when going between HD and non-HD signals. It's almost as if most of the sound is pushed to the front speakers and lowered. Definitely happens on non-HD signal... I haven't really noticed on HD since I can't use HD much. UPDATE: Also noticing it fade from side-to-side instead of just front-to-back.
Anyone else experiencing these issues? Not sure if they're related, but they kind of seem like they might be. Also, I'm not sure what software updates I'm missing (guessing a bunch... taking it into the dealer next month).

Last edited by dannerbo; 10-05-2021 at 10:06 AM. Reason: More info learned
Old 10-10-2021, 11:11 AM

Hey,

have the same problems in my MY2015 F-Type with the upgraded Meridian as well. Regarding Problem 3 the fading is not the problem for me, but sometimes some speakers just stop working. Exchanged the amplifier with no improvement. Seems to be that another module don't like the change without attention ;(

Currently also with no clue how to solve the issue.

Kind regards from Germany

Old 10-10-2021, 03:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

The only time mine cut out like that was due to a loose battery terminal connection. I suspected loose wire so gained access to the battery and terminal block area and started wiggling wires. The first two I tried were the battery, and that was it.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:49 AM

Interestingly enough, it might not actually be a change in the "fade" and might just be the front or back speakers going out intermittently... However, the middle speaker never goes out (which kind of makes it sound like the fade is changing).

Old 10-13-2021, 08:09 PM
Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by dannerbo
Interestingly enough, it might not actually be a change in the "fade" and might just be the front or back speakers going out intermittently... However, the middle speaker never goes out (which kind of makes it sound like the fade is changing).
Doesnt help you unfortunately. Speaker connection issue isn't going to cause bluetooth or nav to drop out.
Likewise amplifer problem not going to affect these either
I think dealer visit your best bet as going to be hardware issue and hard to diagnose

You could try unplugging and reseating all the connectors in the back of the infotainment headunit in the meantime

Last edited by Borbor; 10-13-2021 at 08:54 PM.