F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment screen acting up

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Infotainment screen acting up

Twice this weekend my screen has started up with just blurred pastel colors. I can turn the screen off but no other button has any effect. If I shutdown the car, lock it and go through the startup again it is fine. In addition, twice it has started up slower than usual. Anyone else seen this issue? A dealer is never going to fix it if it cannot be repeated, I am afraid.
Larry

Old 11-27-2016, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
Twice this weekend my screen has started up with just blurred pastel colors. I can turn the screen off but no other button has any effect. If I shutdown the car, lock it and go through the startup again it is fine. In addition, twice it has started up slower than usual. Anyone else seen this issue? A dealer is never going to fix it if it cannot be repeated, I am afraid.
Larry
Hasn't happened on the Jag, but I did have that happen on the MINI. Happened more frequently when cold and required a screen replacement. You may need to leave the car overnight for them to check it out, or wait for it to get worse...and it will.

Last edited by Unhingd; 11-27-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:00 PM

They will get the car overnight in January for trunk weather stripping, maybe I can get lucky.
Larry

Old 11-28-2016, 09:54 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
Larry
I used to see this on my old x351 XJL when the battery voltage was low. Charging the battery always cleared it up.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:33 AM

Thanks but I had just taken the car off of the float maintainer. Voltage should not have been an issue but I will monitor that.
Larry