F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interested in V6s MT

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 03:37 PM
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Interested in V6s MT

Hello All… long time lurker, first time poster. I am in the market for a V6s vert and just started looking more seriously. Looking for MT with vision pack and performance seats. Ideally with some factory warranty left (>5 months) or CPO. I welcome any search tips and things to look out for. I’m loving the wealth of information on this site and very excited to join the gang soon!

Old 08-07-2020, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

For 2016 and early 2017 models, make sure it has documented clutch and flywheel replacement. Gen 1 clutches were slipping and exploding under 20K, but if the car was never pushed, it might have lasted a little bit longer.

Old 08-09-2020, 02:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I remember reading a lot about this hence the desire to find a car with some warranty left. Good call on looking / asking for documentation of the replacement. I wonder if dealerships would have this info recorded in their system?

Old 08-09-2020, 06:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good example for sale 6 sp manual

I just turned in my lease on July 25 in Albuquerque and Peoria Jag already has it for sale here. It is not an S but it still is a blast to drive.

I had a fair number of issues with the car but all were taken care of under warranty and I would not hesitate to purchase it especially as it is factory certified. It is being offered for $52K. My end of lease buy out was $56K. I asked the sales manager to give me a call after I turned it in but never heard from him. I had the oxygen sensor replaced, steering rack replaced, battery replaced, and I was on the third clutch. I did not drive it hard. The clutch is a known failure point. The last 6 months once the weather warmed up the car was rock solid. Drove better than it did when new. Below 8k miles and my wife sat in the passenger seat maybe 10-12 times so everything is in good shape. I also had some rodent damage but that was fixed and I never had any issues after that. It is a solid and beautiful car and I miss it. Below is my original Mulroney sticker.

Original sticker

Old 08-09-2020, 06:35 PM
Received 177 Likes on 97 Posts

Good luck with your search - finding a V6 S with a manual is quite rare, and finding one with the desirable options doubly so. It's almost as if Jaguar didn't actually want people to buy the manuals.

Old 08-10-2020, 04:53 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Lani Kai
It's almost as if Jaguar didn't actually want people to buy the manuals.
I suspect you've got that backwards - more likely that Jaguar found that there was little demand for manuals, You hardy souls are few and far between these days!

Old 08-10-2020, 06:16 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

And, those that buy them, tend to keep them.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:46 AM
Received 177 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
I suspect you've got that backwards - more likely that Jaguar found that there was little demand for manuals, You hardy souls are few and far between these days!
I think it's a self-fulfilling prophecy: Jaguar doesn't put the expensive options on the manual cars that they think will struggle to sell, and potential buyers are turned off because the few manual cars on the lot are all base model with base wheels, brakes, seats, etc.

Old 08-10-2020, 11:40 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Lani Kai
I think it's a self-fulfilling prophecy: Jaguar doesn't put the expensive options on the manual cars that they think will struggle to sell, and potential buyers are turned off because the few manual cars on the lot are all base model with base wheels, brakes, seats, etc.
But Jaguar builds the cars that people (and dealers) order. So if the dealers only want to stock base models that's hardly Jaguar's fault ....

Old 08-10-2020, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
But Jaguar builds the cars that people (and dealers) order. So if the dealers only want to stock base models that's hardly Jaguar's fault ....
Those of us wanting to get an MT and willing to wait for a special order likely loaded up on options on a V6S. And yes, unlikely to let the car go any time soon.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:21 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

When I leased my 17 there were 3 manuals available in the northeast. All black on black convertibles with the exact same same base pack equipment. Finding the perfect manual can be difficult but worth it in my book.

Old 08-11-2020, 02:20 AM
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

My '16 V6S was fully loaded with options, except the Cold Weather package. I had it shipped from TX to CA, expect something like that if looking for the 6MT. $950 for that distance so not too bad. The only compromise is of course '16 vs '17

Old 08-11-2020, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Baldinavert
I just turned in my lease on July 25 in Albuquerque and Peoria Jag already has it for sale here. It is not an S but it still is a blast to drive.

I had a fair number of issues with the car but all were taken care of under warranty and I would not hesitate to purchase it especially as it is factory certified...

Original sticker
@Baldinavert, haha, love the handle... You (ex) car looks like a beaut! Basically exactly what I want minus the S. I saw it listed a few days ago, and have been thinking hard about this. The LSD in the S is one of my top requirements... for now at least. Let's see if I can be patient.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by takeapieandrun
My '16 V6S was fully loaded with options, except the Cold Weather package. I had it shipped from TX to CA, expect something like that if looking for the 6MT. $950 for that distance so not too bad. The only compromise is of course '16 vs '17
I am definitely open to purchasing out of state. I am guessing that will likely be the case since MT's are rare to begin with. Did you ship in a closed trailer?

Old 08-11-2020, 10:18 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

If you go on Jaguar USA and do a search, there are 4 available right now. 2 Red, 1 Silver, 1 White. 2 CPO. 1 Vert, 3 Coupe.

https://inventory.jaguarusa.com/used...nce&pageId=643

Old 08-13-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by asj1
I am definitely open to purchasing out of state. I am guessing that will likely be the case since MT's are rare to begin with. Did you ship in a closed trailer?
No I didn't.. the dealer has insurance with the shipper though so I was confident. It was VERY dirty upon arrival, I didn't even realize until washing that the car had metallic black vs gloss black paint, haha.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by asj1
I've purchased a few cars from out of state and had them shipped. They were all shipped on an open hauler. Never any damage, just dirty. Personally, I don't see the need for the extra expense of a closed trailer unless it's something over the $100k (USD) range.

FWIW, I believe my Jag was originally shipped to the dealer on an open trailer. I didn't know it had arrived and had stopped by the dealership. It was definitely grimy and dirty when they received it.

Last edited by Mahjik; 08-14-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I had small mount of oil leak on a car I had shipped in the open trailer. Fortunately hard top was on and soft top was folded out of the way, so it didn't damage anything.

Old 08-14-2020, 02:42 PM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

I had mine shipped from Charlotte, NC to Jacksonville, FL for $300. They used an enclosed trailer, though I didn't know it would be. I was out of town and it showed up around 8 pm. We live in a real quiet neighborhood and the wife said the neighbors' lights came on when they started it inside the trailer. Sure wish I would have been there!

Old 08-15-2020, 07:18 PM

LOL, I had a similar experience, I was out wine tasting for a friend's bday in central CA when they called me (delivery was in the bay area). It wasn't scheduled for another 2 days.. I told him I'm 2 hours away and can't make it, so I asked if it was okay if my dad took delivery for me. Apparently the guy couldn't get around the roundabouts in our neighborhood, so he delivered it on the main street. Good thing my dad still remembered how to drive stick, hahaha.

Quick Reply: Interested in V6s MT