Sponsored by:

Intro post

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 09:14 AM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Intro post

Hi all!
​​​​​
Thought I'd introduce myself. I placed an order for a '22 Firenze Red R (though I still waffle about the Sanguinello orange and Velocity blue colors &#128563 this past weekend.
I was told it would be a March/April delivery date.
I recently (and stupidly) sold my '16 911 GTS and placed a deposit on the new Lotus Emira about a month ago. Guess you could say I'm hedging my bets a bit. This market is insanity.
​​​​​​Anyway, I've always been a fan of the F-type. I like the redesign, though I appreciate the older style as well. I considered buying a used one, but for the price delta, it just made sense to order and get it exactly how I want.
The dealer only had the 4 pot to test drive, but I was very impressed with the looks, handling, ride comfort and heck even the peppiness it had down low.

So for now, I'm just learning all I can and waiting waiting waiting... We'll see if my order goes through. It won't even be placed until today as the dealer has been closed these last 2 days. But if it doesn't, I've still got the Emira deposit down. Which is at least, refundable, unlike the Jag deposit.

Looking forward to the journey!

Old 08-24-2021, 10:02 AM
Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

Welcome to the F-Type forum!

You certainly have picked a winner in the F-Type R. I placed my "order" March 24th of this year and my F-Type R was actually built on August 16th. Delivery at the end of September...almost exactly 6 months. That included some "horse-trading" for an allocation with another dealer which saved me a month, but also included a Castle Bromwich closure or two over COVID and chip shortages. I am quite sure it will be worth the wait, but it's definitely a wait.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by KalamazooJag
Welcome to the F-Type forum!

You certainly have picked a winner in the F-Type R. I placed my "order" March 24th of this year and my F-Type R was actually built on August 16th. Delivery at the end of September...almost exactly 6 months. That included some "horse-trading" for an allocation with another dealer which saved me a month, but also included a Castle Bromwich closure or two over COVID and chip shortages. I am quite sure it will be worth the wait, but it's definitely a wait.
Isn't this a crazy world we're in right now? Thank goodness I have something else to drive in the meantime, but the F-150 is definitely not as fun to drive as other things I could be driving.
Glad you finally got through your wait! Is it your first F-Type?
​​​​​

Old 08-24-2021, 10:48 AM
Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

Yes, first F-Type, but 5th Jaguar. Fortunately, I have a '17 XJL to drive while I have been waiting for my F-Type. Really slumming it. Enjoy the wait, it will be worth it.

The following 2 users liked this post by KalamazooJag:
Fireze22 (08-24-2021), Mbourne (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 09:20 PM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

The used market is insane right now and although the prices on the F Type jumped they didn't jump near as much as other vehicles. My last 2 toy cars were Porsche 911 as well; one a TT and the other an S model. I will say I love my F Type but still really miss my 911. They are such different cars. The F Type R is a beast and a muscle car more than a sports car. The 911 is just a pure sports car and easy to slide (if you choose), nimble and light. I am planning on buying another Porsche to put next to the Jaguar when prices get back down to realistic.

The following 2 users liked this post by Whatsnext:
ferrral (11-19-2021), Fireze22 (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Whatsnext
The used market is insane right now and although the prices on the F Type jumped they didn't jump near as much as other vehicles. My last 2 toy cars were Porsche 911 as well; one a TT and the other an S model. I will say I love my F Type but still really miss my 911. They are such different cars. The F Type R is a beast and a muscle car more than a sports car. The 911 is just a pure sports car and easy to slide (if you choose), nimble and light. I am planning on buying another Porsche to put next to the Jaguar when prices get back down to realistic.
If money were no object, I'd have a barn full of Pcars. The GTS was my first, but it hit me like no other car I've ever had before. I considered a TTS, but in my price range they would be a 14/15 model. I'd much rather have the 991.2 TTS.
I think I will always miss that 911. I must have lost my sanity for a bit. But, when I sold it, I figured I could get another down the road.
I do love the V8 sound. I missed my C7 when I traded it as well. I figure the Jag will be a good compromise to another C7. In fact, I have a feeling I'll enjoy it more.
But again... I still have a deposit on the new Emira which seems very interesting. At least they're offering a manual. 😁