F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introduction 2021 F Type

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 11:05 AM
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Introduction 2021 F Type

Just wanted to introduce myself as I have recently picked up a 21 F Type in Fuji White. Always admired the car, and back in 16 almost traded in my BMW M4 for one, but am happy I waited out for this new facelift. Anyway glad to see there’s some traffic on this sub (BMW forums are a different level). So far been loving the car and put on 600 miles in a little over a week. Puts a huge childish grin on my face every time I step on the gas, the V8 and sound is perfection. Also, I am a salesperson at a Jaguar dealership so I can always do my best to help you guys out regarding any internal questions you may have. Anyways here’s some pics, all the best everyone!

The following 9 users liked this post by JonnyM:
BruceTheQuail (11-15-2020), Cluck (11-15-2020), Dave Whitefield (11-15-2020), ferrral (11-19-2020), jorge429 (11-16-2020), mrjohnt (11-15-2020), ORG (11-19-2020), Sparky H (11-16-2020), takeapieandrun (11-17-2020) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-15-2020, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Congratulations. I recommend early first oil change, a number of people found excessive metal in the factory fill in 4-cylinder engines. You want that out of your engine as soon as possible.

Old 11-15-2020, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Congrats and welcome! As a salesperson, I expect you've driven previous version R and SVR? What are your impressions and why not the 2020?

Old 11-15-2020, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Congrats and welcome! As a salesperson, I expect you've driven previous version R and SVR? What are your impressions and why not the 2020?
I haven’t had extensive time behind the wheel of the SVR, but was able to drive one for about 20-30 minutes. In regards to general overall impressions they felt very similar, I prefer the older style steering wheels, though the new car is way more compliant daily driving and spirited back road runs. The regular R even feels more brash than the 21, but I can see that getting exhausting over time. Personally I think the 21’s look better and there are none on the roads yet (not to say there are many F Types in general). Overall the updates and upgrades are welcomed to me personally, the car is just so planted in all situations.

Old 11-15-2020, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by SinF
Congratulations. I recommend early first oil change, a number of people found excessive metal in the factory fill in 4-cylinder engines. You want that out of your engine as soon as possible.
thank you! Currently breaking in a similar fashion to how BMW recommends breaking in M engines. Have only revved it above 4K a handful of times, constantly varying the RPMs and plan on changing the oil at 1,200 miles. It’s been a very long 650 miles thus far, without hitting red line lol

Old 11-16-2020, 02:46 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyM
The regular R even feels more brash than the 21, but I can see that getting exhausting over time.
How much time? I'm into my third year and no sign of exhaustion yet ...

The following users liked this post:
SinF (11-16-2020)
Old 11-16-2020, 05:47 AM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Congrats Bud! Very nice car. Not convinced on the front nose styling but I hear the improvements to suspension etc. are worth the switch for some! Enjoy and stay safe!

Old 11-16-2020, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
Congrats Bud! Very nice car. Not convinced on the front nose styling but I hear the improvements to suspension etc. are worth the switch for some! Enjoy and stay safe!
Wonder if it drives better than an SVR?

Old 11-16-2020, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Wonder if it drives better than an SVR?
similar honestly, if it wasn’t for the exhaust difference and slightly bumpier ride in the SVR you’d be hard pressed to notice a difference. Prior to driving the SVR I hadn’t driven the new R. This is all based on memory, but next time one comes in I’ll get a better impression.

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
thank you, looks are subjective so that’s understandable. Currently we have a 21 and a 20 parked next to each other in the showroom which what sold me on the 21. Just looks much lower and wider, aside from the “newer look.” To my taste looks more aggressive despite dimensions being equal. Both are beautiful vehicles there’s no discounting that regardless of preferences. I wish they kept the exhaust tuning the same though, my main gripe with the 21.

Old 11-16-2020, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

I reckon it looks fantastic. If I had a gripe it is only that they didnt need the strut arrangement under the rear finishing panel though I suppose there will be a reason for it.

Old 11-16-2020, 04:24 PM
Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts

similar honestly, if it wasn’t for the exhaust difference and slightly bumpier ride in the SVR you’d be hard pressed to notice a difference. Prior to driving the SVR I hadn’t driven the new R. This is all based on memory, but next time one comes in I’ll get a better impression.

thank you, looks are subjective so that’s understandable. Currently we have a 21 and a 20 parked next to each other in the showroom which what sold me on the 21. Just looks much lower and wider, aside from the “newer look.” To my taste looks more aggressive despite dimensions being equal. Both are beautiful vehicles there’s no discounting that regardless of preferences. I wish they kept the exhaust tuning the same though, my main gripe with the 21.
When I purchased my 2021 I was able to make that same comparison. The 21 definitely has that lower stance look which sold me on the spot. As for the exhaust notes, be patient as it gets much better. Now that I have 2500 miles on the clock I enjoy more than enough of the classic F Type growl!

Congrats on your new car...

Old 11-16-2020, 05:01 PM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

So while I could live without the aggresssive overrun, I have heard that the valve behavior is very annoying that even with the button on, it keeps the valves closed below 3500rpm, I wonder if you can just pull the fuse on like the older ones that did not have the switch or pull a vaccum line like on the Porsche PSE system, anyone have any input? OP, what is your contact info, I'd love to discuss some lease pricing with you on a 21!

Old 11-16-2020, 10:40 PM
Received 115 Likes on 66 Posts

Interesting observation, I think the front end looks higher than previous years and not as sleek, and kind of boxy, I do like the missing grill bar however. I hated the rear ends on the corvette c5 too but it grew on me and I ended up getting one.

Last edited by 19FRG; 11-16-2020 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:17 AM
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts

Looks great, congratulations. Jealous of your infotainment/screens haha.

Old 11-18-2020, 02:40 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Why did they do away with the Flat Bottom Steering wheel for 21+

Old 11-18-2020, 02:42 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by KarimEls
No idea, but it'd be a deal breaker for me - I love my flat-bottomed wheel!
Of course, if I'd never experienced it I think I'd be happy with a round one.

Old 11-18-2020, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by StormtrooperFtype
So while I could live without the aggresssive overrun, I have heard that the valve behavior is very annoying that even with the button on, it keeps the valves closed below 3500rpm, I wonder if you can just pull the fuse on like the older ones that did not have the switch or pull a vaccum line like on the Porsche PSE system, anyone have any input? OP, what is your contact info, I'd love to discuss some lease pricing with you on a 21!
I was also contemplating looking for the fuse on that, and asking our techs. Gonna wait to see if the exhaust truly opens up. I’ll shoot you a PM now, but I can definitely see what numbers I can work out for you.

Originally Posted by 19FRG
Interesting observation, I think the front end looks higher than previous years and not as sleek, and kind of boxy, I do like the missing grill bar however. I hated the rear ends on the corvette c5 too but it grew on me and I ended up getting one.
Understood, I don’t know. Most customers that have come in, well really all, have said it looks better in the flesh/lower/wider. It’s a subjective thing, but definitely understand everyone’s tastes are different. And yes I agree, removing the bar is a huge improvement on the pre 21’s

Originally Posted by takeapieandrun
Looks great, congratulations. Jealous of your infotainment/screens haha.
Thank you!! My first time having apple car play, can’t say it’s not awesome lol.

Originally Posted by KarimEls
Agreed, I like the thicker flat bottom wheels more, but can’t complain. Steering has great feedback, but is a little bit on the thin side. Reminds me of a Porsche wheel.

Originally Posted by scm
Of course, if I'd never experienced it I think I'd be happy with a round one.
My C300 which I’ve kept to be a daily (hasn’t been driven more than one day since getting the Jag lol) has a flat bottom wheel, so I at least will get the experience of one 10% of the month now

Old 11-18-2020, 05:02 PM

Also update on the car.

going to get PPF on Monday, tried to vinyl out the trim/grill myself

. Didn’t go all too bad or too well. Gonna give it another shot before paying someone to do it. Did get the black fender grills though (pulled the old ones right out, broke 1 tab on the drivers side passenger came out clean) and badges

Old 11-18-2020, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Love the red '21 in the pictures. With yours (me being a bit obsessed with wrapping) I'd wrap the bottom of the rear diffuser - the strut arrangement under the finisher. I'd also see if the bonnet scoops would look good wrapped in gloss black. It's looking great. How did you do the rear leaper?

Old 11-19-2020, 05:32 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
+1
Flat-bottomed wheels make the world go 'round.

The following 3 users liked this post by JacksonvilleJag:
Jaguar1611 (11-23-2020), NavyBlue (11-19-2020), scm (11-19-2020)

Quick Reply: Introduction 2021 F Type